Why is Southwest showing a cheaper ticket price when I only put "1" passenger....

Yep that's it, there is only 1 ticket available at the lower price. I have seen this several times before, just book one at the lower price and one at the higher price. If the ticket goes back down you can rebook on the higher priced ticket and get the credit back as a southwest credit.

Jennifer

Okay, that makes sense. I really hope they'll either add more flights or the prices go down. I have 6 tickets to buy!
Thank you all!

I always check the fare I want with different numbers of tix needed, just to see how many are left at the price I like.... you can choose up to 8,and go down from there. Also on SWA you should probably book as many as you can on the low fare you like,one at a time to grab that fare for at least some of you. I also prefer to book each way instead of r/t- this way I can get more deals... example- say I need 6 r/t flights from nyc-FL- I look at the outgoing, and only 4 of my tix are at the lowest price,then it goes up for the last 2 peeps- I book them separately (saving $ on the 1st 4) -then I look at return flights,possible all 6 are at the lowest fare available,so I can grab those....or possib;e that only 2 are available,then the fare goes up.... see what I mean? The page won't automatically show you the best fare for all 6 of you at once.... there may be only a certain # of lowest fares left,and you can get those...b/c saving some money is still better than saving none....:thumbsup2 Or book the # at once at your pricepoint, then the rest on their own booking.... doesn't matter but a single block of 6 r/t may mean you pay more per person.

Remember that with Southwest you can actually get a refund if the ticket price drops. Like everyone else said there is probably only 1 seat left in that fare class but that doesn't mean the more expensive fare class won't drop sometime in the future.

I would snag the seats now then continue to monitor to see if the price drops or they open up more seats in that lower fare class.

Yep what they said! I was actually buying two tickets and using ff points for two others and the price went up between the two purchases!

Thanks everyone! I ended up calling, and the sweet cs rep booked them all for me. I was on the phone 73 minutes & 29 seconds (lol), but she was really nice about getting as many as we could at the cheaper price! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter