• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

why is Peter Pan so popular?

clerkshipwanted

Mouseketeer
Its a good ride (I guess) but I don't think worth the wait sometimes. I feel the same way about Dumbo - you can do that ride (ex. the elephants) at almost any park! [including in astro orbiter which my kids like way better]

Its a good ride (I guess) but I don't think worth the wait sometimes. I feel the same way about Dumbo - you can do that ride (ex. the elephants) at almost any park! [including in astro orbiter which my kids like way better]

It has no height restriction, appeals to all age groups, loads slowly, and is a classic.

For me the feeling of flying out of the bedroom window and over the streets of London.

I love looking down and seeing the traffic. Sad but true!

Its one of my favorites, but I would never wait more than 15mins for it. I always FP it. It just feels magical....Disney at its best!

It's a classic, and it's just like you are "sailing" in the movie. Love it the most of all MK attractions!:love:

For me the feeling of flying out of the bedroom window and over the streets of London.

Same here lol.

I wouldn't wait in a super long line though. We went on it once during Wishes and there was NO ONE in line, so the CM let us ride it a few times in a row. DD was 3 at the time and she loved it. :)

I think for alot of us older folks it brings back the days of our first trips to WDW, then bringing OUR children and for some the Grandchildren. It has always been there and is SUCH a classic! About 5 years ago my brother made such a fuss to his 6 year yr old son about what a great ride it was. His Son liked it but for my brother it was euphoria to have taken his Boy on this classic that HE Loved when he was a boy.:love:

Dumbo I've never seen the attaction of (espcially when you have Astro Orbiter, Flying Carpets and even Triceritops Spin that are basically the same). Fortunately DD is in agreement and in fact prefers AO and the Carpets.

Peter Pan is cute and we do like it but not "that" much. We'll ride it at least once per trip but like PP won't wait in a long line - either we'll hit it first thing or FP it.

Im surprised no one has said what I immediately thought :goodvibes
Its nice and dark and COOL in there. I remember thinking it was breezy and felt wonderful! Of course, its a terriffic ride and my daughter will ride this and not be afraid but it sure is relaxing!

I thinks it's because it appeals to the whole family!! Boys love Peter Pan and Hook and the girls love Tink and Wendy!! While the parents enjoy reliving childhood memories!!! Dumbo, I dont totally understand but my nephew who is 11 wants to ride it on his first trip this summer LOL So it must be the idea of Disney in Dumbo.

:) All I could think about was "but its the REAL Dumbo and Peter Pan". Just like the castle isn't really real but it is the REAL Disney castle. I don't particulary "get" Tom Sawyer Island but I support the mystic and details provided there. You gotta do the "must dos".

It's nostalgic, a throw back to simpler times in MK. It's great to appreciate the technology that was original to the park and some of the first WDW Imagineering. The feel to the ride is simple and tells a great story by immersing you in it, in an almost "old fashioned" way...kind of like how it's fun to read on e-readers today but when you actually pick up a storybook to read to your kids it just feels...right.

It's a sweet ride that the whole family can do. :lovestruc

I think for alot of us older folks it brings back the days of our first trips to WDW

It's nostalgic, a throw back to simpler times in MK. It's great to appreciate the technology that was original to the park and some of the first WDW Imagineering. The feel to the ride is simple and tells a great story by immersing you in it, in an almost "old fashioned" way...kind of like how it's fun to read on e-readers today but when you actually pick up a storybook to read to your kids it just feels...right.

:thumbsup2 I agree with all of these. It's like you've each read my mind exactly.

I will never forget riding this with my dad when I was six, and I will always love it for that reason.

I too don't get all the fuss. I appreciate that it is a classic ride and I would never want it to go the way of Snow White. I enjoy going on it, but it is not a "must" do for me. I am definitely not going to wait in a long line to ride it.

I love catching sight of Peter's shadow in the kids' bedroom, love seeing Tinkerbell, love flying over London, saying goodbye to Nana, seeing the Lost Boys, saying "Me no spoof'em" when we see the chief (line from the movie), etc. It's just such a fun ride! Plus, if you pay attention when you see the mermaids, you can see one that looks almost exactly like Ariel.

To me it has the worst line queue at MK...it just keeps winding down along the the building. We usually never FP kiddie rides but we did FP PP this year and it was worth it. IMO, probably the best of the "storybook" Fantasyland rides.

Peter Pan is DDs favorite ride. For me, DUmbo is the only memory I have as a child at Disney. I was really bummed when it was closed in March because I wanted to see my dad ride Dumbo with his grand daughters like he did wih me whe I was the same age. We are on our way there now and that is the first ride we are going on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter