Why is my waitlist taking so dang long?

We are waitlisted for Aug 1-5 at BCV and Boardwalk for the first half of our trip.....I check the web site every day:scared1: ....still nothing:confused3 I also call...still no luck:eek: I am holding out hope though!

Called on Friday and was able to get three nights on my waitlist at BCV :banana:
MS said I must be real lucky (there was only one room available for the one night). :dance3:

Two more to go :woohoo:

We are still waiting our 1st waitlist ever as well. We have a Boardwalk preferred view booked, but are on a waitlist for Boardwalk view or Standard view for 5 days in July. We've been on waitlist for approx. 5.5 weeks now.

Good luck, Tiger|

Called on Friday and was able to get three nights on my waitlist at BCV :banana:
MS said I must be real lucky (there was only one room available for the one night). :dance3:

Two more to go :woohoo:

I cant believe it:woohoo: I checked the member website today and the other two days we were waitlisted for came throughpixiedust:

We got all five days we were waitlited for between Friday and Monday:jumping1:

We are so psyched!

Wow, congratulations! I have been checking everyday on mine and hope I am as lucky as you are!

I cant believe it:woohoo: I checked the member website today and the other two days we were waitlisted for came throughpixiedust:

We got all five days we were waitlited for between Friday and Monday:jumping1:

We are so psyched!

OK~ I am confused here. I have used waitlist many times and they have come through all but one time. That was the 'old' system where you could waitlist each day. How are people finding out some of their days are coming through? I thought your entire vacation had to come through before you are taken off waitlist?:confused3

OK~ I am confused here. I have used waitlist many times and they have come through all but one time. That was the 'old' system where you could waitlist each day. How are people finding out some of their days are coming through? I thought your entire vacation had to come through before you are taken off waitlist?:confused3

What i did was call about two times a week to try and get several of the days on the waitlist individually. Once I was able to do that I was waitlisting for 2 days instead of 5 (much easier to get). If you call they will give you individual days, if you just wait for the waitlist all the days must become available for you to get them.

You just need to be willing to move an extra time if you do this and you cant get all of your days. I would have been at OKW, BCV then BWV (had the other two days not come through). Now my stay is split with BCV and BWV.

I am also waitlisted at BLT for a studio magic Kingdom view, for 15th - 17th oct
I currently have AKV concierge studio booked for these dates so I am feeling torn as to whether I really want the waitlist to come through, it would be nice to try a new resort though.:)

I am also waitlisted at BLT for Oct. 3-6 standard view, we have a standard view at BWV as our back up. I just wanted to try BLT for fun. We love BWV, but I want to try every DVC Resort, and can do it when it is just my DH and I. If it comes through great, if not I still will be thrilled with BWV.

I've never been waitlisted before, so this is a first even though I have been a DVC member since 2004. Everyone is talking about how they are watching and waiting...

My question is how do you tell for sure you are waitlisted?

Can you tell where you are on "the list"?

And finally, how are you being advised that your waitlisted request came through?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Mark

I've never been waitlisted before, so this is a first even though I have been a DVC member since 2004. Everyone is talking about how they are watching and waiting...

My question is how do you tell for sure you are waitlisted?

Can you tell where you are on "the list"?

And finally, how are you being advised that your waitlisted request came through?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Mark

You will need to call MS and ask to be put on a waitlist for the resort you want (you can now have only two active waitlists open at one time)

I dont know of any way you can tell where you are on a waitlist (i.e. how many people might be ahead of you). Your entire waitlist (for all the days you have waitlisted) must become available for you to get it (i.e. if three days are available and you are waiting for five you wont get those three days and then have two more open, all 5 must be available at the same time)

You will get a notice in the mail when your waitlist comes through showing the change in the reservation, you can also check the member web site and it will be there also. Most people are checking the member site to see if their reservation changed and the wait ist came through.

Hope this helps.

I have been waiting for over 2 months now for our waitlist to come thru. We have 10 days at the BWV but we want BCV and are still waiting. Our dates are July 30-August 8th. Wish me luck!! :)

I have been waiting for over 2 months now for our waitlist to come thru. We have 10 days at the BWV but we want BCV and are still waiting. Our dates are July 30-August 8th. Wish me luck!! :)

Good Luck! We are also at the BW but are waiting for the BC to come thru...our dates ar Aug 22-Aug 28.

We will be at BCV and BWV from July 31 to Aug 8th....:banana:If your anything like us, you are counting the minutes:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter