Why is Mickey's Backyard BBQ so expensive?

SeattleMark

Compulsive Planner and Research-aholic
Why is Mickey's Backyard BBQ so expensive? at almost $40 per person, I can't imagine what makes it so high. It's can't be tgreat of food. Is it worth it? I mean, it's almost double what some of the other character meals are.

I've never been, so I can't really answer, but both the Hoop Dee Doo and the Luau are $50.

I have been and that's a good question.
Honestly, we enjoed it, but certainly not worth the price of admission. Glad we did it once, but we probably won't be going again.

I have always wondered what was involved in Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. I can find loads on Hoop De Doo, but not alot on the Barbecue....maybe that is telling me something!!!:earseek:

I was trying to think of one to go to during our trip, and think Hoop De Doo may be it. I have heard more good things than bad, and most say it is worth the price....

We did the BBQ two years ago and were really let down. It's one of the very few things that I've done at Disney that I didn't enjoy. The food was actually very good, but it was the character interaction that was so limited. Most character meals the characters come around, here they stand on the dance floor and kids stand in LONG lines. To me this is no different than just waiting in the parks. Also the only other real entertainment is the dancing so the 3 times the characters come out for about 20 minutes there is then nothing to do but watch your kids stand in line. The "carnival games" are a joke - our school fall festival puts on better games. Like I said I don't bash much about Disney, but this was not a good one for us.
Lisa

Regarding the comparison between the BBQ and Hoop Dee Doo, I guess I always considered the BBQ more of a character meal where the HDD I thought of more as a show.

Oh well, I think it's out of our range.

Backyard BBQ isn't the same as a character meal.
They do serve a buffet meal and they do have characters, but they also have a band and dancing with the characters. For the kids (Grand kids), they loved it. They never had so much fun. They danced and danced and laughed and smiled, that was worth the price to me.
For me, it was hot, and I didn't even eat. I was so involved with taking pictures of the kids having so much fun. My DH loved it and some of my grandkids parents enjoyed it. BUT, did I mention it was HOT. No air, because it is outside. Under a covered pavillion. Lots of kids and grownups, characters and a band, dancing and sweating. I wouldn't suggest doing it again, but if they family wants to do it, I will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter