• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is it that clubs...

Jeff in BigD

Oldschool DISer
...always smell like three things:

Cigarettes
Booze
Pumpkin Pie

I understand the first 2, but the last one?!

I had a great time at the show, but my clothes smell like Thanksgiving. :confused3

Perhaps they burn pumpkin spice candles/incense to "mask" the smell of the other two?

Now, there's a new one for me. I don't think I've ever been to a club that smells like pumpkin pie. ;)

The Gypsy Tea Room in Dallas does. I had to take off my shirt when I got home because it was so pervasive.

You confused me. I thought you were talking about golf clubs. :rotfl:

I remember reading once that the smell of pumpkin is suppose to be a male aphrodisiac. Not that they need one.

It's clove cigarettes.

Either that or it's incense. Erykah Badu did a charity benefit for AIDS LifeWalk a couple of years age at Gypsy Tea Room and she was burning incense. She was our celebrity spokesperson for 2003. :)

never heard that one before, it must be an incense they're using or like someone already said...clove cigarettes.

Here in NY all bars/clubs are non-smokng now so all I smell is a mix of colognes/perfumes, liquor, and a sweaty musty smell *shudders*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter