Why is free dining not working for most hotels?

yensidisney

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am curious as to why NONE of the hotels are not available for free dining for me currently. Every time I click on the free dining offer, it says that this offer is not available (or something like that)
Are these resorts ALREADY booked? Or is this just a glitch, or a busy symbol…just curious.
Thanks a ton! :-)

I finally got through at 1:30 today and only Club Level was left at WL which I snagged cause I was scared to wait. I'm guessing they had very limited rooms available.

Antiquated internet reservation system at WDW. I just imagine a gerbil on a wheel running in circles to keep the computer system up. It took 2 hours, I called a number that I hadn't called 100 times previously, had a 2 minute wait, and got CBR and Free Dining.

You have to buy a certain ticket too if I'm not mistaken so you may be able to call a different number and they could help you out. Good Luck!

Part of the problem is people booked rooms ahead of time and thought they could "apply" free dining when it came out. With so many rooms already booked, Disney did not put many out for this this promotion, especially the cheaper standard views.

I managed to snag a SV at BC with free dining this morning at 6:45am (CT), and they had GV and the other options too. By the time my mom looked less than 30 minutes later all of the BC rooms were gone.

~Cari~ pluto:

The free dining was offered very early and there was a thread on the DIS that hit the 250 page mark and a second thread needed to be started. In the threads there were MANY, MANY people waiting and predicting when the free dining would become available. When it opened around 2:15 AM this morning many were already booking. By 6:00 AM even more were booking and according to the thread the phone lines and Disney site were pretty backed up. Since there are limited amounts of rooms available for the offer they just may have filled them. The other thread on DIS that talks about people trying to snag free dining is titled: 2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!! I don't know how to make this a link~ sorry.

Part of the problem is people booked rooms ahead of time and thought they could "apply" free dining when it came out. With so many rooms already booked, Disney did not put many out for this this promotion, especially the cheaper standard views.

This. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter