Why is DL closing at 5 on Sept 10th?

AZpharmacist

Mouseketeer
Are the halloween parties starting that early? Thats the last day of our trip. Just wondering. We can still go over toe DCA but I imagine that will be crowded as well?

That's the day before Halloween Time officially starts, so it will be closed for a press preview night. That's what they did last year.

From anything I've heard, Disney does not usually close the park early for press previews of Halloween Time. They have media days for really big, new things (which Halloween Time is not), such as Cars Land, the Diamond Anniversary, or Frozen Fun, etc., and those might require a special night set aside. I think that the smaller media days and press previews are not as disruptive (or at least I believed so)?

The supposed reason for the early closing on 9/10 is a cast member event (Legacy Award party or Service Celebration party) that happens every year.

From anything I've heard, Disney does not usually close the park early for press previews of Halloween Time. They have media days for really big, new things (which Halloween Time is not). such as Cars Land, the Diamond Anniversary, or Frozen Fun, etc., and those might require a special night set aside. I think that the smaller media days and press previews are not as disruptive (or at least I believed so)?

The supposed reason for the early closing on 9/10 is a cast member event (Legacy Award party or Service Celebration party) that happens every year.
You are far more likely to be right about this than me. :D I remembered they had a press event the first week of Halloween Time last year, but I don't know if they actually closed the park for it or not.

They are closing early for a CM party. They hold their Legacy Award/Service Celebration in early September.

Thanks. Just wondering. We actually will get into Anaheim around 3 on Labor Day. Maybe we will hit up the parks for a few hours that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter