WhY is ~DiSnEy~ so CROWDED in *FeBrUaRy*?????

My school was incredibly lucky in that we didn't lose our "February break" because of all the days we lost over Hurricane Sandy.

Four of the teachers I work with are at WDW at this very minute with their families.

Leaving tonight for a short 3-day trip. Hopefully the crowds will die down a bit but it is just the wife and I and there is nothing that we must see so we'll deal with whatever crowds are there.

I think the main reason is the FLE. I imagine quite a few people put off their 2012 trips until 2013 in order to see the new fantasyland.

I keep seeing this in posts on various threads...and I just couldn't agree less.

I think if I went around to my whole neighborhood, knocked on doors, and asked people what they thought about the Fantasyland Expansion, 98% of people would have no idea what I was talking about.

If you search the Dis, there are threads from every single year talking about the crowds on "Presidents Week." (I just looked at one from 2003 reporting a Stage 4 closure.)

A friend was there last week and also said it was crazy crowded!

Our first day in the park is 2/27. Touringplans is showing a 3 for that day as well as 2/28. Hope it's accurate!

We arrive on 2/24 and are also hoping the "3" holds up for the dates you mention. We picked our dates based on the crowd prediction. The other days are showing 5 or 7 which also would be doable....

I was watching on TV this morning "LIVE with Kelly & Michael" and they are broadcasting their show all week from Disney. Early this morning at the MK, it looked soooooooooooooooooooooo crowded on their show. YIKES~~!!!!!

On another thread it was mentioned that the shows are not "live" but were already recorded so that whole stage setup should be removed by now.

I keep seeing this in posts on various threads...and I just couldn't agree less.

I think if I went around to my whole neighborhood, knocked on doors, and asked people what they thought about the Fantasyland Expansion, 98% of people would have no idea what I was talking about.

If you search the Dis, there are threads from every single year talking about the crowds on "Presidents Week." (I just looked at one from 2003 reporting a Stage 4 closure.)

I have to agree with you there. Mardis Gras, Presidents Week and Tour Groups are by far the major culprits in these crowds. And for as long as I have been a member people have warned about Presidents week, often putting it in the same breath as "Christmas" and "Easter" for crowd levels. I don't think the new FLE is helping any mind you, but I've never been under the impression that these were good weeks to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter