Why is CRT not more expensive?

Selfish...hmmm, full of compliments today :duck: Could there be other reasons? Could they be booking multiples waiting to see what FP+ will be available so they can decide what park to visit (Disney World created this mess)? Could they just be canceling because they have changed their mind? I have a trip coming up in July. We are going for 11 days. I can pretty much gtd that I will be changing or cancelling a number of the dining reservations as we get closer. I have one dining reservation a night, I have at least 3 nights with no dining plans. Reasons we change or cancel vary but can include, going to a different park than we planned 4, 5, or 6 months ahead. Weather- if it is going to be an extremely hot day may not want a type of food. FP for Rock n Roll or Tower of terror is right after dinner plans at Mama Melrose, definitely want to cancel. Or just don't feel like going to a sit down day after day. There are lots of reasons for changes. Not every guest is strict to a schedule and once that schedule is made NO substitutions (for you "Last Holiday" movie fans).
Agreed, selfish is a very harsh word for me to use. You make a really good point, too. Lots of confusion with FP+-- a lot of times plans have to change. Good point!

Something you should consider as a reason why it may be harder to get your dad is the size of your party. As a family of six reservations are hard to get sometimes. Even at le cellier after becoming signature dining. This year just three of us going and its so much easier. You might want to try splitting your reservation, making two of them and linking them.

So, you think $75 per adult for dinner at CRT is not expensive enough ?!?!?!?!

I know! I think that because this is a relatively small venue, the OP believes that if it is priced up more people would be disinclined to book it. I think that the price increases has already forced many families to choose alternate restaurants
Agreed, selfish is a very harsh word for me to use. You make a really good point, too. Lots of confusion with FP+-- a lot of times plans have to change. Good point!

FP+ is definately playing into the dining problems. Last trip I just got passes around my meals that had been planned, but last trip I did not have two little Princesses who have waited "all their lives" to meet their favorites, Rapunzel and Anna and Elsa. This trip I have awesome ADR's but am worried that I will nto be able to find passes that do not interfere with these two priorities.

Agree with PP, the price hike would not affect people with DDP. 2 table credits no matter the hike. It is the free dining which made the ADR's hard to get; not the "budget" price.

Have you consider My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party at Grand Floridian? It is a very exclusive with a hefty price tag. I heard it is really magical for little princesses.

I'm not getting into the "debate" here, but just wanted to mention that a couple of weeks ago, I planned a trip to WDW for this July, a pretty busy season. Definitely well inside the 180 day window when I started making reservations. I am not interested in a CRT reservation, but just for fun I looked up if it would be available for my trip and I found dinner times available almost every day. Some of the times were a little earlier or later than I prefer to eat dinner, but they were definitely available. I don't think you need to stress about getting a reservation. Even if they are booked up when you look initially, if it's that important to you, you can check back occasionally and you'll probably find something that works for your party. Hope you have a great time and best of luck to your friend and her family.

I wonder if the PP that discussed the "selfish" guests that book more tables than they could possibly use and then cancelling last minute wasn't referring to people with a 6 ADRs for 10 days and just switching them around or cancelling ones that they changed their minds on. Rather, the guests that say "I want to eat at BOG but don't know when I want to so I'm going to book one for each day, or multiples in one day" knowing that they're only going to go one time and cancel the rest. If you are going to eat at BOG 7 times, by all means, make the ADRs, but if you are positive you are only dining once, but book 7 that's different. I've noticed the ADR system has fixed this a little bit by having that window between ADR times that you can't book. Doesn't change the 7 ADRs in 7 days, but does stop the 5, 6, and 7 pm reservations all at the same time.

As for CRT, I get annoyed with the "elitist" attitude that some have regarding Disney (not saying OP is in this group but it has been brought up). "I'm staying Deluxe...I deserve more than you lowly Value guests." I hope Disney continues to stay away from this tiered suggestion. Deluxe guests do get more than value guests, the ammenities, dining and transportation options are better. That's where it should end. I love that when you walk through those gates, everyone is considered equal. If you want to dine at CRT, do what everyone else does and wake with the roosters and anxiously stare at a computer screen until 6 a.m eastern time and click away. Honestly, I had zero issues getting both CRT and BOG (in fact, a glitch in the ADR system had me with 4 different ADRs at BOG for lunch, all at the same time...which I cancelled immediately once I noticed it in MDE).

OP, like others have said, I'm positive you'll snag a CRT ADR. Especially if you are flexible, which it sounds like you are. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time and that your friend enjoys this trip with her girls. 6 is a GREAT age for little girls in Disney.

This is my first trip using FP+ but I was able to book every single FP around my ADRs so I'm a little confused as to how FP+ times would be the reason for people not knowing which ADRs to book. I looked for FP times that were far away in time from any of my ADRs and modified them all to within 10 minutes of when I wanted to use them. I hope I'm not missing something with the whole FP+ thing :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter