• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is "Cinderella's" Castle incorrect?

f you have seen the christmas castle lights this past year, the little story they tell before lighting it has the fairy godmother coming out who says "Shouldn't Cinderella be the one who decides how to decorate the castle? Afterall, she lives here."

So I guess that would make it Cinderella's Castle.

Yeah, it does seem kind of strange the castle is called Cinderella Castle and not Cinderella's Castle seeing as there is also a restaurant named Cinderella's Royal Table inside the castle. Also, Cindy has her own suite inside. It makes you wonder...

Yeah, it does seem kind of strange the castle is called Cinderella Castle and not Cinderella's Castle seeing as there is also a restaurant named Cinderella's Royal Table inside the castle. Also, Cindy has her own suite inside. It makes you wonder...

Plus, when we met Cinderella last month, she asked if we saw Tink fly over HER castle. This Cinderella certainly thought she owned the castle. :goodvibes

I always found it odd that King Stefan's was inside Cinderella Castle - but again, I didn't really care. The food was good, the experience and atmosphere was great - it didn't matter to me or my DW that they were simply selecting names from their film library for Fantasyland locations.

I still miss King Stefan's Feast! (Tells you how long we've been Disneyphiles). We've tried the newer castle food a couple of times, and I still prefer the old King Stefan's. The food AND the prices were better.

DisFlan

to the OP, don't worry....it annoys me too. i'm a court reporter and i just want to add an apostrophe and an S to it so bad....it kills me! :rotfl2:

to the OP, don't worry....it annoys me too. i'm a court reporter and i just want to add an apostrophe and an S to it so bad....it kills me! :rotfl2:

Well, shucks, thanks for the support! I think I will be stubborn and call it Cinderella's Castle because it sounds better to ME! And because it's a teensy bit fun to rankle people. :banana:

When I was at WDW a few years back, a cast member told my mom and I that the castle, (I've pronouce it Cinderella's since I was 5, old habits die hard....:confused3 ) was originally King Stephan's catle, (thus King Stephan's feast.... )Anyways, she said that King Stephan's castle never really stuck because people kept calling it cinderella's castle, so eventually they officially changed it.....

(this wasn't meant to fuel the cinderella vs. cinderella's debate, just a fun fact!)

It is "Walt Disney World" and not "Walt Disney's World." It was "Wrigley Field" and not "Wrigley's Field". "Trump Tower" not "Trump's Tower."

They name it after someone without making it belong to that person, whether it does or not. :)

I don't get too picky about what people call it. But its name is name for whatever reason.

I read on these boards somewhere that the reason the restaurant was King Stephan's Banquet Hall is because it's tradition to name rooms in a castle after your allies. So this was Disney's way of telling us that Cinderella's kingdom and Sleeping Beauty's kingdom are buddies! :hippie:

I guess this detail was lost on most people (myself included until I read about it!), so they changed the name to eliminate the confusion.

I still miss King Stefan's Feast! (Tells you how long we've been Disneyphiles). We've tried the newer castle food a couple of times, and I still prefer the old King Stefan's. The food AND the prices were better.

DisFlan

Me TOO!!! We enjoyed King Stephan's on our honeymoon. ;) Back then we stayed at the Grand Flo and used the Food & Fun Card and really enjoyed it. That plan was much better than the various iterations of the DDP too, just like King Stephan's was better than Cinderellas Royal Feast or whatever the "proper" name is. :)

Well, shucks, thanks for the support! I think I will be stubborn and call it Cinderella's Castle because it sounds better to ME! And because it's a teensy bit fun to rankle people. :banana:

No problem, melmom12! :lmao:

Well Cullen (2) saw it for the first time today on the planning video and said "house" so that is what we are going to call it. the house at disneyworld.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter