Why is BTMR SO SLOW is DLR?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
This was my first ride that I went on at DLR. I LOVE this ride at WDW and ride it at least 10 times every trip. I never figured it would be so different at DLR. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. It is SO slow and so boring I just wanted to cry!

Why can't they at least make it fast like at WDW??

Ride in the back.

I've ridden both as well and found them to be about the same speed? The front is very slow because you have to pull the rest of the train up and over the hill, it feels like you are halfway down before you even get going! But I found that the same on both coasts?

I have rode them both many, many times, and I think they feel about the same in speed. But I much prefer the DL version. Watching the goat on the hill makes my stomach do all kinds of flip flops. I laugh so hard. And then with the remodel of the 3rd lift, it's now even better!

Ride in the back.

I've ridden both as well and found them to be about the same speed? The front is very slow because you have to pull the rest of the train up and over the hill, it feels like you are halfway down before you even get going! But I found that the same on both coasts?

Yes, I always request the back car, no matter which park I am in!!

I was going to ask where you were on the train...The front/middle is definitely slower. I prefer the back on all roller coasters.

I have rode them both many, many times, and I think they feel about the same in speed. But I much prefer the DL version. Watching the goat on the hill makes my stomach do all kinds of flip flops. I laugh so hard. And then with the remodel of the 3rd lift, it's now even better!

I agree. I don't think its slower. But it is most certainly SMOOTHER! The WDW ride is very jerky and jarring. Maybe that's why the OP thinks its faster?

Ya know, I think I was near the middle so that may have made the difference. I always, always, always sit in the back at WDW. We are going again in a couple of months and this time I will ask to ride in the back. Can you even do that at DLR the queues are different so I am not sure how they handle that.

On BTMRR especially I always request the back and 99% of the time they accommodate. If they can't get me on the next one, they just have my party wait to the side, and then have us go to the back once the queue has cleared.

I love BTMRR. It's one of our faves. Never thought that is was slow but it does definitely feel faster in the back. DH and I rode in the very front and the very back in the same day and the front did definitely feel slower, which I'd never really noticed before because we always seemed to be put in the middle. Now I know the back is way more fun!!

We also LOVE BTMRR, definitely faster in the back as the train has reached speed by the time you hit the down part of a hill. I find both WDW and DLR to be similar speeds but since the refurb DLR takes it for me. Best ride in the back and watch the goat as you go round, does awesome things to your tummy! :)

I'll agree with most here. I've been on both, and even before they re-did the explosion tunnel, I thought the DL version was a better version. And it is definitely smoother now. I'll admit that it does have some lulls in the ride, but every roller coaster can't be Space Mountain.

Ya know, I think I was near the middle so that may have made the difference. I always, always, always sit in the back at WDW. We are going again in a couple of months and this time I will ask to ride in the back. Can you even do that at DLR the queues are different so I am not sure how they handle that.

When the CM at the front of the queue asks you how many are in your party, tell him/her that you want to sit in the back. No problem!

I am a WDW vet and I think the DLR version of Big Thunder is way better than the WDW version. Funny how people get different opinions because I feel the DLR one is much faster, even in the front. To each his/her own!

That's so cool.... I love BTMRR in MK.

I can't wait to ride the one in DL. Finally going to make it DL.

If you ride in the very last car its a much faster ride. Request the back car and you will like it a lot more.

The DL version seemed faster to me last week. And it is soooo smooth. I've ridden the WDW one so many times - it was fun to do something the same, but a little different!

BTMRR is my DD7's favorite WDW ride. So excited for her to ride it 11 days from today :)

What do the posters saying the goat does funny things to their bellies mean???

What do the posters saying the goat does funny things to their bellies mean???

If you don't take your eyes off of the goat with the dynamite in his mouth as you are going around the sharp turn, it will make you very dizzy and lightheaded. It's a thing people do. I wouldn't recommend it if you just ate a corndog. haha :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter