• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

broadwayariel

Trading in my fins for feet
Age-old question (jk).....

why is a raven like a writing desk?

I want to see answers, no matter what they are :thumbsup2 This should be fun.

on a cb thread about this someone found that some texts of the question include the answer, "They both have bills" since a writing desk could be where someone pays bills and a bird has a beak.

Carrol's official answer is "Because it can produce a few notes, though they are very flat; and it is nevar put with the wrong end in front". Nevar isn't a spelling mistake. It's raven spelt backwards.

On the tin of Wonderland tea I have, it says "Why is a raven like a writing desk? Check the opposite side for the answer. It's not there, but you're welcome to look".

they both could use wood for something
example raven lives in a tree which is wood and a writing desk could be made of wood :confused3

Both have clawed feet!

I dunno, that's what I always answered. If I weren't feeling so lazy, I'd go check my books.

lewis carrol wrote this in his book with the riddles answer being that there is no real answer to show that the adult worrld is confusing to children because there is no answerto simple things

yes i looked i looked it up and i found this

I was going to say Edgar Allen Poe wrote on both of them as well. :P That's always the answer I thought of.

poe wrote on both

megrim beat me to it

Both have clawed feet!

I dunno, that's what I always answered. If I weren't feeling so lazy, I'd go check my books.

on a cb thread about this someone found that some texts of the question include the answer, "They both have bills" since a writing desk could be where someone pays bills and a bird has a beak.

Those are good anwsers but officaly in both the movies and in the orginal book the anwser is "I haven't got the slightest Idea."
Ive tooken a alice in wonderland quiz with this question and "I haven't got the slightest Idea" was the correct anwser.

Those are good anwsers but officaly in both the movies and in the orginal book the anwser is "I haven't got the slightest Idea."
Ive tooken a alice in wonderland quiz with this question and "I haven't got the slightest Idea" was the correct anwser.

I am fully aware there is no answer, having read all of Carroll's works. Pretty much all of his riddles are nonsensical. For example:

"Dreaming of apples on a wall
and dreaming often dear.
I dreamt that if I counted all
how many would appear?"

What's the answer? According to Carroll, ten. But the answer could be any number, really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter