Why I don't seem to get any scrapping done.

pjlla

DIS Veteran
Well... decided I would spend a good portion of the afternoon today scrapping. Yes, it is a beautiful afternoon, but I'm feeling really inspired to scrap.

DD goes to swim from 6:30 am - 8 am. When I return home I decide I am just too wiped out to go to church (which is unusual, as we rarely miss church). But I help a friend clean up from a big party yesterday from about 9 am to about 10 am.

I return home and visit with DH and DS for a few minutes. I empty the clean clothes from the washer and refill the washer, as it will be a nice day and my dryer is broken, so I must do wash when I can hang it out. DS spills oatmeal on the carpet in the living room (long story). I think he has cleaned it up pretty well, until I step, barefoot, in the area and my foot is all slimy and sticky. So I decide I need to shampoo the carpet (needed it anyhow). I move all the furniture, vacume thoroughly, and get out the shampooer.

I pre-treat all of the bad spots and fill the shampooer. Lo and behold.... it appears to be not working properly. Several tools and many minutes later I "THINK" it is working. I do most of the carpet but discover it is dispensing only soap, and no water. HUH??? So I get on my hands and knees and use the upholstery attachment and a spray bottle of detergent/water to do just mostly the bad areas. By now it is 11:30am. I am aggravated and sweaty.

DH decides that this would be a great morning to make the kids some cookies. I threaten his life if he doesn't leave the kitchen AT LEAST as clean as he finds it (it is not perfect, but it is reasonably clean). After cookies he runs an errand to pick up our mower from the repair shop. He has left the kitchen only slightly worse than he found it, but never swept the floor and now the kitchen floor has a nice coating of flour, oatmeal, and chocolate chips (and a few puddles of ???). So I decide I must wash the kitchen floor.... but then I notice that the downstairs bathroom really needs a cleaning..... and while I am at it I might as well clean the kids bathroom upstairs, since I am working a good portion of the week.... ETC, ETC, ETC!

In the meantime my good friend calls to invite my family over for the afternoon to help them eat up all the leftovers from the big party (YUM!). She says come over between 2:30 and 3pm.

So it is now 1:55 pm Eastern time. I am not showered (just threw on yesterdays clothes to hit the pool early this am), and I have two loads of clean clothes from yesterday and two loads from today on the line that need to be folded and put away. THere is no scrapbooking done today and I don't anticipate getting any done.

And that is why I don't get any (or enough) scrapbooking done!!! :rolleyes: ......................P

:teeth: Thank You
now I feel better for my recent scrapping neglegence...
:goodvibes good to know I am not the only one with good intentions...

:rotfl:

wheww I feel MUCH better, I at least got 1 page done today !! :cool1:

I don't have children, but I can relate to your original question :)! Lots of other activities get in the way of our scrapping - work, school, housework, sleep, etc.

i hear you on the scrapping thing!!!!!!!

the computer always get in my way!!! along with all the other household duties...

so much to do, so little time to scrap!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter