Why I chose not to visit Walt Disney World

Wow, I wake up this morning and what a cat fight this has turned out to be. Spokker I do agree that you have the right to your opinion but I also agree with a lot of the posters that one should only speak from experience. This is not aimed at any one just a quote that I go by. "You believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear until you experience it for yourself." Spokker, I wish you the best and hope that all your future vacations are wonderful. I am one not to leave the US (too scared):scared1: but I hope you have a wonderful time in TDL. Safe Travels.

Spokker I do agree that you have the right to your opinion but I also agree with a lot of the posters that one should only speak from experience.

That is the main problem with this whole thread. I could post one about how I will never visit California, because the cost of living is too high, and everyone knows it is full of crazy people. In addition, you can't walk down the streets without being mugged or having someone try to sell you drugs. But it would be silly, because I have never been to California, and my only knowledge of it is what I have heard and seen second hand.

Which is exactly what the OP has done. Based their opinion on something they have not seen or experienced for themselves. If you are trying to sell us on your point of view, at least have some experience and real knowledge of what you are talking about. You can quote whatever article you want. Or say that your second cousin twice remove told you so. But that holds no real weight. Go experience Disney World for yourself, and try to be unbiased. Then what you post will have some weight. Until then, you are just:stir:

That is the main problem with this whole thread. I could post one about how I will never visit California, because the cost of living is too high, and everyone knows it is full of crazy people. In addition, you can't walk down the streets without being mugged or having someone try to sell you drugs. But it would be silly, because I have never been to California, and my only knowledge of it is what I have heard and seen second hand.

Which is exactly what the OP has done. Based their opinion on something they have not seen or experienced for themselves. If you are trying to sell us on your point of view, at least have some experience and real knowledge of what you are talking about. You can quote whatever article you want. Or say that your second cousin twice remove told you so. But that holds no real weight. Go experience Disney World for yourself, and try to be unbiased. Then what you post will have some weight. Until then, you are just:stir:

ITA!!:thumbsup2 This has been my frustration with this thread. I will admit, it's not based soley on this thread, but on information that has been on the DL board as well.

The OP was stating that AK doesn't have any disney quality rides other than EE. That people will tire of driving around sleeping animals all day. That Dinosaur doesn't count as a disney quality ride because it is based on the Indy ride technology at DL. He/she also states that Orlando is WDW and disney does everything in their power to keep guests at their park for a week. This goes right along with the OP that early entry doesn't have any value, the parties aren't fair to people and the bus service is bad and monorails should criss cross all over the land.

First, the comments about AK drive me nuts, but I won't go into that again. Second, Orlando has Universal and Sea World plus I'm sure that there are other wonderful things to do in Orlando. I don't know of them personally, so I'm not going to say there isn't any.;) Of course, WDW wants their policies to encourage people to stay onsite.:confused3 I'm not sure why this would be a shock or a negative.

Now, for this thread--early entry does have value to many people. I like being able to stay in the parks until 2am or so, especially when it's hot and things cool down in the evenings. There are people who don't like the bus system, but many, many people like not having to worry about renting a car and driving. I like that transportation is stress free! Can you imagine monorail tracks spread across the property reaching every resort and park? It would be a logistical nightmare. Not to mention it wouldn't be faster than the busses because the monorail system would get bogged down. Finally, the parties. Our family and countless others have really enjoyed the Halloween and Christmas parties. Until they are experienced, I don't see how anyone could comment on their worth or value.

As I stated previously, I heavily researched a DL vacation. I read tons of information on the parks and the surrounding area, but I don't consider myself an expert. I would never consider telling someone else that the parks aren't worth visiting. If a person wants to determine where to vacation soley based on what they have read, that's perfectly fine. I have a problem when a person states opinion as if it is fact or has been personally experienced when it hasn't.

I know the OP doesn't believe this, but tone has a lot to do with how people respond to a post and I think that is the biggest problem with this thread. Many people have posted concerns and negatives about WDW in the past and they received a wealth of information on how they might rectify the situation or calm their fears about an upcoming vacation.

Rachel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter