Why excursion on a beach?

goosedwn

Mouseketeer
Can you help me understand what are the different reasons people take an excursion to spend a day at the beach while cruising? I can see if this is their only vacation of the year and they love to hang out at the beach. I really just want to know if I am missing something else from the beaches at different ports. Thanks a lot for any inputs.

Can you help me understand what are the different reasons people take an excursion to spend a day at the beach while cruising? I can see if this is their only vacation of the year and they love to hang out at the beach. I really just want to know if I am missing something else from the beaches at different ports. Thanks a lot for any inputs.

Because we love the beach and go whenever possible.

I was born and raised in San Diego, and still think the beaches are the best attraction, especially if the water is warm and clear and the sand is white and clean. DD loves to play in the sand and water. I look forward to snorkel and see marine life that I haven't seen before. And of course to relax in a beach chair with a nice cold adult beverage and have no worries.

In my family's case we would consider it when in Nassau as we've been there before and really left nothing there we need to go back for.

We live in MN and have nothing close to ocean beaches. They shut down some lakes in MN because of bacteria in the summer sometimes too- yuck!!
We love the beach so we take a cruise specifically to see the different beaches :)

I have small kids and beach appeals to all of the family. Many excursions are not great for younger kids or have age limit.
We adore beautiful blue warm water, soft sand and relaxation- its part of vacation to us. We do other kinds of trips during the year so if we head to the caribbean we love to enjoy one of its best features.
At home, water temps may get to 70 if we are lucky, its a 2 hour ride in traffic, each way to get to a beach and its crowded.
And yes, many years we only get one vacation per year and if we get 2, one is a beachy location and one would be sight seeing or more action.

In New England our beaches are totally different, more rocky and colder. So a Caribbean beach is a real treat. I might feel differently if I was from Florida and had access to nice beaches. It's kind of like when we see cruises going up the east coast to Maine and Nova Scotia. Why would anyone want to do that? But for some people it is very different and a neat thing to do.

If you live by a beach, the beach is no big deal. If you live in a place that does not have a beach, it is a big deal. Or if you are like me where we have a beach 2 hours away but it is so cold all the time that you cannot go swimming, then the warm beaches of the Caribbean is a big deal.

Different strokes for different folks. When you live in a land locked area where the nearest large body of water is routinely shut down because it has too much goose poop in it then a tropical beach starts to look pretty good to you.

We live in Fl--only 9 miles from PC--and we use beach excursions as a day to enjoy the tropical locale. Also, our youngest is not a huge fan of fish in the water so we don't want to subject her to that. Also, maybe some people are not good swimmers and may opt for a something different than swimming with dolphins or snorkeling even when vests are provided.

We live about 2 mins walk from the beach and my sons school is just the other side of the path to the beach, but we still love the beach excursions. The water is warm, it is a relaxing day, DS will love it and there is usually a bar with great cocktails!! It's much different from a beach at home and we go on holiday to relax as a family so it suits us fine. Perhaps when DS is a bit older we may do other things, but really if we want to see a country we would be better off staying there and touring rather than a quick stop on a cruise. But that's a different type of holiday and something we loved doing before DS came along, but things are different now and we like to just chill (in the warm)!!!

Our beach is usually too cold to run around in a swimsuit, and not a palm tree in sight. We love to snorkel, so usually go on at least one of those excursions, and then there is usually a stop at a beach as well. Different strokes for different folks. What do YOU like to do?

Different strokes for different folks. When you live in a land locked area where the nearest large body of water is routinely shut down because it has too much goose poop in it then a tropical beach starts to look pretty good to you.

That is too funny!! But I am from MN so I know you arent joking!! :lmao:

Op, I don't live near a beach and I could care less about them. They're ok. :confused3

We usually take one big vacation a year. My DH has been requesting a beach vacation, but the boys have been begging to do DCL. So, we'll spend our port days at the beach. It's a compromise we're all happy with!

We love the beach too, but the closest one (South Padre Island) is a 10-hour drive from us. We eat up the time we can spend on a Caribbean beach.:beach:

It's like a two-fer?

Disney + beach .= two vacation experiences at once?

We don't care to shop, aren't big on fish, etc.

most cruise lines include beach days at private islands, so I'm guessing it must be pretty widely enjoyed. :)

Different strokes for different folks.

If they weren't popular and well attended, they wouldn't be offered.

When dh and I travel alone, we rarely book ship excursions.

When we travel with the kids, we almost always book ship excursions, partly because we know the transportation will be taken care of, and partly because they're self limiting options.

My kids like the ocean. We don't have an ocean within a day's drive.

I like to sit and chill out - and when my kids are at the beach and in my eyesight, I can do that.

Don't pass judgement on how I choose to vacation, and I won't pass judgement on how you choose to vacation. If you don't like something? Don't do it. Problem solved pixiedust:

We love the beach too, but the closest one (South Padre Island) is a 10-hour drive from us. We eat up the time we can spend on a Caribbean beach.:beach:

Oh isn't that the truth. And the water in that part of the gulf is best described as brown. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter