Why don't we do a little day drinking? - F&W 2015 - Update 12/11 Bonus EPCOT Night!

Trip #2 Updates

Two major things happened for Trip #2 since yesterday.

1st: Officially Paid Off!

When we decided to do this trip for my husband to run the Wine & Dine Half Marathon - we originally were planning on having to pay for our room as our DVC wouldn't work out most likely. The DVC rooms at the Boardwalk & Beach Club are extremely hard to get into during F&W, never mind during the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We did a package reservation through Run Disney for the Beach Club Standard Room. The final payment wasn't due until September 21th but I got it out of the way over a month early after our paychecks on Friday!

Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 2.57.31 PM.png

2nd: I'm a Wino.

When I finished my yoga class on Friday, I noticed I had an email from the management team at Citrico's.

Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 3.00.37 PM.png

At first, I was torn on this for the dinner on November 6th. Our last Wine Dinner together at Citrico's in October 2013 was enjoyable food wise but not so much company wise, especially for my husband. The speaker of the wine company was great though, it was more so the others at the table with us. We were significantly younger than the other guests and we just couldn't find something to have conversation that held well with them. My husband reminded me of a comment one of the ladies made when neither my husband or I really enjoyed one of the courses (escargot).

There is also the fact that my husband and I are running a 5K at 7AM the next morning and he has the half that evening.

My husband and I discussed it while ensuring the dogs didn't steal our dinner yesterday evening.
Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 3.08.11 PM.png
He's totally plotting how to get up there to get the steaks.

We decided to go for it! Overall, the time for the 5K isn't a big deal for either of us. If we end up mostly walking (or doing a 30 sec run after 60 to 90 seconds of walking) it will be fine. We'll make sure to drink a glass of water with every glass of wine we have. He isn't too worried about the Half Marathon as after that 5K, he's planning on just resting and drinking lots of water anyway.

My 5K Shirt is so totally us.

p2VLllC.jpg

Sunday, October 4th, 2015
9:00AM: Magic Kingdom Opens
9:10AM to 10:10AM - Peter Pan’s Flight
11:05AM to 12:05PM - Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
1:20PM: Lunch @ Tony’s
2:10PM to 3:10PM - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2:30PM: Back to Hotel & Friends head back to Naples
7:00PM: Dinner @ Morimoto Asia (If this isn't open yet, we'll figure something else out a week before)

Monday, October 5th, 2015
7:35AM - ‘Ohana
9:00AM: Hollywood Studios Opens
9:20AM to 10:20AM: Toy Story Midway Mania!
10:35AM to 10:50AM: For The First Time in Forever: Frozen Sing-Along
11:30AM to 12:30PM: Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
12:15PM - Hollywood Brown Derby
6:15PM: Dinner @ Narcoossee’s​
It looks like we'll be in the FP line together for Peter Pan on Sunday.....and we're heading to DHS that same Monday morning!

This is our first F&W so I'm easing us into the festival......we're doing the Tutto Gusto Italian Regional Wine pairing, Wine deminar on that last Monday (Italian wines), and Celina Tio's cooking demo on the Sunday before.

I'm hoping dh falls in love with F&W.......

The final payment wasn't due until September 21th but I got it out of the way over a month early after our paychecks on Friday!

Congrats on your Paid in Full!

You had me :rotfl: with the doggie pic. He totally was in full plot-mode!

Congrats on being paid in full and what the heck! Go for the wine dinner, sounds like fun. I just hope you get better tablemates!

It looks like we'll be in the FP line together for Peter Pan on Sunday.....and we're heading to DHS that same Monday morning!

This is our first F&W so I'm easing us into the festival......we're doing the Tutto Gusto Italian Regional Wine pairing, Wine deminar on that last Monday (Italian wines), and Celina Tio's cooking demo on the Sunday before.

I'm hoping dh falls in love with F&W.......

If you end up seeing us, stop and say hello! It's always nice to meet Dis friends (and my husband has gotten use to it by now)

I totally get easing into the festival. I had to do that with my husband as well but now he's all in! Your plans look good for your first festival! Gives a good offering of what can happen while also not going over board on the budget. Special events can get addicting (which is bad for the budget)

Congrats on your Paid in Full!

You had me :rotfl: with the doggie pic. He totally was in full plot-mode!

Thanks! My dogs always seem to plot when we're cooking on the grill it seems. They think its their personal food machine! We had hot dogs the other night & they ended up getting one as my husband accidentally dropped one as he was getting it off the grill and it fell to the floor. Their hovering worked for them that night!

Congrats on being paid in full and what the heck! Go for the wine dinner, sounds like fun. I just hope you get better tablemates!

Thanks! At least these aren't major races we have to worry about the next day. We'll just have to make sure we don't over indulge. I can save the over indulging for Narcoossee's the next day.

Training #2: Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Patz & Hall Wine Dinner

My husband & I have been slacking on enjoying the local food & wine scene around Naples for the past few months. We've gotten so busy with other things that we often aren't doing as many special dinners as we used to. At least this is good for the budget! When I received an email from Roy's Hawaiian Fusion a month ago about their Patz & Hall Wine Dinner, I took one look at the menu & booked it as I knew we both would love it. It also seemed very reasonable at $79 per person.

We arrived shortly before the 6:30PM start time and were seated in the small private dining room at the back of the restaurant.

GIUMUYA.jpg

Menu

The evening attempted to start with a video introduction from Patz & Hall made especially for Roy's (this wine dinner was occurring at 20 other Roy's Locations) but the internet wouldn't work well as it kept buffering after every 15 second clip so they gave up on trying to show it. We did have someone from the area distributor there who instead talked about the wines. Patz & Hall doesn't own their own vineyards and instead has deals with local vineyards.

Our first course:

OWiGkzL.jpg

Alaskan Halibut - Melon - Watercress - Honey Sake Vinaigrette w/ Sonoma Coast 2013 Chardonnay

The halibut was cooked exactly how it should be that we didn't need the knife at all. The honey sake vinaigrette played off the mildness of the fish. The wine paired nicely as well as it was a lighter chardonnay.

The second course:

xHy986u.jpg
o7otkSr.jpg

King Crab Chawan Mushi - Shiitake Mushroom - Scallion - Macadamia Nuts w/ Dutton Ranch 2013 Chardonnay

This course wins for being the prettiest course of the evening. It was also the worst course of the evening, at least for me. The King Crab was nice as well as the Candied Macadamia Nuts, but the Chawan Mushi (Savory Egg Custard flavored with Soy Sauce, Dashi & Mirin steeped in a tea pot) just wasn't for me. My husband felt the same so after the crab & the nuts were gone, we left most of the rest on our plates. It seemed many at our table of 12 felt the same.

The third course:

aFZ5VlX.jpg

Textures of Duck - Tea Smoked - Star Anise - Huckleberry Chutney w/ Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir 2012

The duck was prepared three different ways:
1) A duck breast that was seared and tea smoked.
2) Duck Confit Spring Rolls
3) Duck Chicharrones

I love duck in general and being able to have duck three different ways was a highlight of the evening! The duck chicharrones were so good that I was sad there were so few of them on the plate! The spring rolls were also very flavorful and not very greasy. The duck breast was a little over cooked to how I usually like my duck, but this was cooked to appease everyone so I dealt. The huckleberry chutney paired well with the tea smoked duck along with not over powering the lighter Somona Coast Pinot Noir.

My husband isn't a lover of duck. He still loved options 2 & 3 of this dish though and finished those parts off! I ended up stealing some of his duck breast though :)

The fourth course:

Y2igbV3.jpg

Salt & Herb Roasted Filet Mignon - Baby Squash - Pearl Onions - Turnip - Dark Cherry Shoyu Reduction w/ Jenkins Ranch Pinot Noir 2013

The Jenkins Ranch Pinot Noir was deeper and richer than the Sonoma Coast we had in the previous course. This is exactly what was needed to hold up to the rich sauce and meaty Filet we were served! My husband and I really enjoyed this dish as well as the filet was seasoned nicely along with a richness in the dark cherry shoyu reduction.

The final course:

Z8dbUrZ.jpg

Chocolate Tasting - Textures of Peanut Butter - Chocolate - Pretzel - w/ Kona Coffee

When I saw this being brought out, I knew my husband would be heads over heels for it & he was. If you've read my previous reports, you know my husband is an ice cream fiend and also has a huge love of brownies and cakes as well. This dish had deconstructed peanut butter, dark chocolate cake, milk chocolate cake, chocolate pudding and a huge scoop of Pretzel Ice Cream in the middle. When you mixed the peanut butter with a bit of the pudding and cake, the dish was awesome! It might not have been the prettiest plate but we both finished the plates off!

We both loved this event! My husband finally admits to starting to enjoy Pinot Noirs (yes!) which is good as it means we can finally start ordering those bottles of wines instead of just chardonnays while out to dinner. The price felt extremely reasonable for the amount of food and 4 glasses of wine we enjoyed.​

Great looking dinner for $79!!! Very nice presentation and I'm glad there was only one dud of a course. Duck Confit Spring Roll? I'll take it!

That looks like a great dinner, but the second course might have also been a strike out for me. I think the mushiness of the bottom might have been a little gross. The seafood would have been good. I probably would have eaten what you did as well. I hope we start getting back out again. I know we were getting out quite a bit over the last month, but for the last two weeks we have been home bound pretty much and have not plans except now tonight we made plans for this Wednesday. I really don't like having no plans in over two months!

Great looking dinner for $79!!! Very nice presentation and I'm glad there was only one dud of a course. Duck Confit Spring Roll? I'll take it!

I know! It felt like such a great deal. My American Express card actually had another deal going on that if you spent $100, you got $20 credit to your charge account so that was a no brainer to take advantage of! The duck confit spring rolls were so good! I'm actually still craving more as the two on the plate totally weren't enough!

That looks like a great dinner, but the second course might have also been a strike out for me. I think the mushiness of the bottom might have been a little gross. The seafood would have been good. I probably would have eaten what you did as well. I hope we start getting back out again. I know we were getting out quite a bit over the last month, but for the last two weeks we have been home bound pretty much and have not plans except now tonight we made plans for this Wednesday. I really don't like having no plans in over two months!

The mushiness of the custard wasn't the off putting part but rather the taste. It was too extreme with the flavors for my palate. At least we tried it unlike some people at the table who just poked at it.

We have been lazy so far this month but we needed it! July had a lot of stuff going on with friends and such. This weekend my mother & her husband are visiting so that will keep us busy. Labor Day weekend, I'm going on a 48 hour trip to California combining some business needs with fun (I'm doing to do the Paramount Night Tour that Friday Night & Universal Hollywood VIP Experience solo on Saturday before the Redeye home) I'm happy that all I accomplished this weekend outside of the dinner was reading 5 books!

I hope you get some plans going soon that will keep you busy! At least you have some nice travels to look forward to in the coming months!

2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booths

I finally got around to review the menus for the booths and pick out the items my husband & I are most likely to enjoy. I bolded those items. We should have enough time between the two trips to get all these items tried at least once I hope! There are some booths I really don't want anything from nor do I think my husband will either. We will probably just end up getting something alcohol related from those to fill out our passport though as we've been able to finish it before!

Africa
To eat:
–Berbere-style beef tenderloin tips with onions, jalapeños, tomato and pap
Buttered chicken with micro cilantro and naan bread

To drink:
–Indaba Chenin Blanc
DeMorgenzon DMZ Cabernet Róse
–Fairview Pinotage
–Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz

American Adventure Coffee Cart
To Drink:
–Frozen Strawberry-Lemon Sunset: Frozen Strawberry and lemon, topped with Grey Goose Vodka®

Australia
To eat:
Grilled sweet and spicy bush berry shrimp with pineapple, peppers, onions, and snap peas
–Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies
–Lamington: Yellow cake dipped in chocolate and shredded coconut

To drink:
–Coopers Brewery Extra Strong Vintage Ale
–Château Tanunda Grand Barossa Dry Riesling
–Bulletin Place Unoaked Chardonnay
–Yangarra Estate Vineyard Shiraz

Belgium
To eat:
–Potato and leek waffle with beer-braised beef and smoked gouda cream
–Belgium waffle with warm chocolate ganache and whipped cream
–Belgium waffle with berry compote and whipped cream

To drink:
–Hoegaarden®
–Leffe® Blonde
–Palm Spéciale Belge Ale
–Stella Artois® Cidre
–Chilled coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
Beer flight: Hoegaarden®, Palm Amber Ale, Leffe® Blonde and Stella Artois® Cidre

Block & Hans
Champagne Enchantée Brut, Champagne
–Festival Chardonnay, Napa Valley
–GoGi Goldie Chardonnay, Sta Rita Hills
–Lasseter Family Winery Enjoué Rosé, Sonoma Valley
–Fess Parker Frontier Red, Santa Barbara County
–Festival Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles
–Silverado Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley

Brazil
To eat:
–Escondidinho de carne, “Little Hidden One”: layered meat pie with mashed yucca
–Crispy pork belly with black beans and tomato
–Pão de queijo: Brazilian cheese bread

–Cocada: Brazilian coconut candy

To drink:
–Kaiser Brewery Xingu Black Beer
Carnaval Moscato Sparkling White Wine
–Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaça

Brewers Collection
–Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered)
–Norbertus Special Hefeweizen
–BraufactuM Progusta IPA
–Shöfferhofer Zitrone Weizen-Mix

Bier Flight:
–Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered)
–Norbertus Special Hefeweizen
–BraufactuM Progusta IPA
–Shöfferhofer Zitrone Weizen-Mix

Canada
To eat:
–Canadian cheddar cheese soup
–Chicken sausage with creamy polenta and Minus 8 onion jam
–“Le Cellier” wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce

To drink:
–Moosehead® Lager
–Neige Premiere Apple Ice Wine
Inniskillin Vidal Icewine
–Tawse Vineyard Cabernet Franc

Cheese Studio — NEW!
To eat:
–Trio of artisan cheese
–Karst cave-aged cheese served with honey
–La Bonne Vie goat cheese served with Craisin® bread
–Rogue Creamery Oregon Blue Cheese with berry port compote
–Sweet goat cheese panna cotta with guava gellé
Cheese fondue with sourdough bread

To drink:
–Robert Mondavi FuméBlanc
Still River Winery Apfel Eis (apple ice wine)
–Sterling Vintner’s Collection Cabernet Sauvignon

Chew Lab — NEW!
To eat:
–Olive oil poached salmon with fresh corn, bacon and pepper jam
–New York strip, parsnip silk, balsamic glaze and arugula foam
–Liquid nitro chocolate almond truffle with warm whiskey caramel

To drink:
–Smoking Hibiscus featuring Montelobos® Mezcal Joven

China
To eat:
–Beijing roasted duck in steamed bun with hoisin sauce
–Gaoli beef slider
–Black pepper shrimp with Sichuan noodles
–Chicken pot stickers

To drink:
–TSINGTAO Beer
–Francis Ford Coppola Su Yuen Riesling
Ritzy Lychee with cognac and vodka
–Happy Peach with peach liqueur and dark rum
–Kung Fu Punch with vodka and triple sec
–Mango jasmine tea with popping bubbles

Craft Beers
To drink:
–Brew Hub Keybilly Island Ale, Lakeland, FL
–Two Henrys Blueberry Vanilla American Wheat Ale, Plant City, FL
–Orlando Brewing Grateful Pumpkin, Orlando, FL
–Swamp Head Wild Night® Honey Cream Ale, Gainsville, FL
–3 Daughters St. Pete Beach Blonde Ale, St. Petersburg, FL
–Florida Beer Company Passport 20 Belgian-Style Tripel Ale, Cape Canaveral, FL
–Funky Buddha Vanilla Espresso Porter, Oakland Park, FL
–Shipyard Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, Clearwater, FL

Flight #1: Florida Harvest
–Brew Hub Keybilly Island Ale, Lakeland, FL
–Two Henrys Blueberry Vanilla American Wheat Ale, Plant City, FL
–Orlando Brewing Grateful Pumpkin, Orlando, FL
–Swamp Head Wild Night® Honey Cream Ale, Gainsville, FL

Flight #2: Craft Beer Lovers
–3 Daughters St. Pete Beach Blonde Ale, St. Petersburg, FL
–Florida Beer Company Passport 20 Belgian-Style Tripel Ale, Cape Canaveral, FL
–Funky Buddha Vanilla Espresso Porter, Oakland Park, FL
–Shipyard Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, Clearwater, FL

To eat:
–Craft beer snack mix: sweet and savory blend of nuts, fruits, and crackers
–Charcuterie plate: Country pâté, cured meats, and crostini
–Pimento cheese dip with pretzel crisps
–Bloody Mary shrimp cocktail

Desserts & Champagne
To eat:
Chocolate cherry explosion
–Strawberry-basil champagne “toast”
–Guylian® Belgian chocolate seashell truffles

To drink:
–Nicholas Feuillatte Blanc de Blancs
–Möet & Chandon Impérial
–Veuve Clicquot® Ponsardin “Yellow Label”
–Dom Pérignon
–Möet & Chandon Nectar Impérial
–Orange Blossom Brewery Toasted Coconut Porter float with caramel ice cream
Cream soda float with caramel ice cream
–Frozen S’mores featuring Monin® Toasted Marshmallow Syrup

Dominican Republic — On Hiatus Since 2007!
To eat:
–Lechón asado: Roasted pork with mangú, pickled red onion and avocado
Soufflé de yuca: Yuca soufflé topped with griddled cheese
–Pescado con coco: Seared grouper, pigeon peas and rice with coconut sauce
–Caramel flan with rum-roasted pineapple

To drink:
–Presidente Pilsner Beer
–Frozen Dominican piña colada featuring Ron Barceló Blanco Rum
Frozen sugar cane cocktail featuring Ron Barceló Blanco Rum

Farm Fresh
To eat:
–Loaded mac n’ cheese with Nueske’s® pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, peppers and green onions
–Griddled “yard bird” with braised greens

To drink:
–Woodchuck Raspberry Hard Cider
–Wyder’s® Dry Pear Hard Cider
–Two Henrys Elderberry Hard Cider
–ACE Hard Pumpkin Cider
–Florida Orange Groves, Key Limen Wine
–Tom Gore Chardonnay
–Tom Gore Cabernet Sauvignon

Hard cider flight:
–Woodchuck Raspberry Hard Cider
–Wyder’s® Dry Pear Hard Cider
–ACE Hard Pumpkin Cider

Fife & Drum Tavern
–Ghirardelli Ice Cream Sundae
–Mmmmhops Pale Ale

France
To eat:
–Croissant aux escargots with garlic and parsley
–Boeuf bourguignon: Braised short ribs in cabernet with mashed potatoes
–Crème brûlée vanille chocolat: Vanilla & chocolate crème brûlée topped with caramelized sugar

To drink:
–Beer, Kronenbourg Blanc 1664
–Chardonnay, Macon-Villages, Vielles Vignes Mommessin
–Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux, Château Bonnet
–Sparkling Pomegranate Kir
–Ice Pop Pomme: Apple juice, vodka, and St. Germain liqueur
–La Passion Martini Slush: vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, cranberry and passion fruit juice

Germany
To eat:
–Schinkennudeln: Pasta gratin with ham and cheese
–Roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll
–Apple strudel with vanilla sauce

To drink:
–J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett
–Selbach-Oster Mosel Riesling Spätlese
–J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Auslese
–Kallstadter Kobnert Spätburgunder (Pinot Noir) Spätlese Dry

German Riesling flight:
–J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett
–Selbach-Oster Mosel Riesling Spätlese
–J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Auslese

Greece
To eat:
–Vegetarian moussaka with Gardein™ sausage crumbles
–Greek salad in a cone
–Chicken gyro with tzatziki sauce
–Spanakopita

To drink:
–Domaine Skouras Moscofilero
–Domaine Siglas Assyrtiko/Athiri
–Alpha Estate Axia Syrah Xinomavro
–Tzatziki martini featuring Crop Organic Cucumber Vodka and BOLS® Natural Yoghurt Liqueur

Hawai’i
To eat:
–Kālua pork slider with sweet and sour Dole® Pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise*
–Tuna poke with seaweed salad and lotus root chips

To drink:
–Kona Brewing Company, Big Wave® Golden Ale
–Kona Brewing Company, Pipeline Porter
–Maui Splash Sweet Pineapple Wine
–Mai Tai featuring Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum

Hops & Barley
To eat:
–New England Lobster Roll
–Florida grass fed beef slider with pimento cheese
–Fresh baked carrot cake with Craisins® and cream cheese icing

To drink:
–SweetWater Take Two Pils
–Goose Island® Honkers Ale
–Samuel Adams® Rebel IPA
–Dogfish Head Sixty-One IPA
–La Crema® Chardonnay
–Cambria Estate Winery Julia’s Vineyard Pinot Noir
–Beer Flight (Includes 4, 4 oz. servings)
–SweetWater Take Two Pils
–Goose Island® Honkers Ale
–Samuel Adams® Rebel IPA
–Dogfish Head Sixty-One IPA

Intermissions Cafe
To eat:
–Asian Tuna Salad with Noodles
–Southwest Chicken Wrap
–Tuna Salad with Pita
–Cucumber and Tomato Salad
–Crudité of Carrots, Celery and Broccoli with Creamy Pepper Relish
–Fruit & Cheese Plate
–Side Salad
–Grapes
–Key Lime Pie
–Brownie

To drink:
–MARTINI® Prosecco
–Caposaldo Peach Moscato Sweet Sparkling Wine
–Iron Horse Vineyards “Fairy Tale Cuvée” Sparkling Wine
–Presidente Pilsner Beer
–Assorted soft drinks
–Dasani Water

Ireland
To eat:
–Lobster and seafood fisherman’s pie
–Kerrygold® cheese selection: Reserve cheddar, Dubliner with Irish Stout and Skellig
–Warm chocolate pudding with Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur Custard

To drink:
–Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale
–Bunratty Meade Honey Wine
–Chilled Irish Coffee featuring Bunratty Potcheen
–Kerrygold® Irish Cream Liqueur

Italy
To eat:
–Ravioli alla caprese: Cheese ravioli, tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan and basil
–Filetto di pollo, con funghi al marsala: Chicken tenderloin, cremini mushrooms, marsala sauce and ciabatta bread
–Cannoli al cioccolato: Chocolate-covered cannoli filled with sweet ricotta, chocolate and candied fruit

To drink:
–Moretti Lager Beer
–Moretti La Rossa Beer
–Pinot Grigio, Placido
–Corbinello, Montegrande
–Chianti Classico, Placido
–Moscato Fior d’Arancio, Montegrande
–Prosecco, Bosco del Merlo
–Frozen margarita with limoncello and tequila

Japan
To eat:
–Spicy hand roll: Tuna and salmon with Kazan Volcano sauce
–Teriyaki gyoza bun: Steamed bun filled with chicken, vegetables and sweet teriyaki sauce
–Miso Udon: steamed shrimp, vegetables, and noodles in a spicy broth

To drink:
–Kirin Draft Beer
–Pineapple Fuzed Sake
–Sake – Komatsu Tateaki Samurai
–Sake – Suigei Drunken Whale

Mexico
To eat:
–Tacos de camarón: Battered shrimp, pico de gallo, pickled onions, and chipotle mayonnaise
–Chilaquiles de pollo: Corn chips layered with seasoned chicken, queso fresco, sour cream and cilantro

–Pastel de elote con queso: sweet corn cheesecake

To drink:
–Dos Equis Lager Beer with Floater
–Mexican sangria
–Tequila Flight
–Guava margarita

Morocco
To eat:
–Kefta pocket: Ground seasoned beef in a pita pocket
–Harissa chicken roll
–Baklava

To drink:
–Casa Beer
–Guerouane White
–Sangria
–Mimosa Royale

New Zealand
To eat:
–Steamed green lip mussels with garlic butter and toasted bread crumbs
–Seared venison loin with wild mushroom marsala sauce and kumara dumpling
–Lamb meatball with spicy tomato chutney

To drink:
–Kim Crawford Pinot Gris
–Brancott Estate® Flight Song™ Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
–Kim Crawford Chardonnay
–Nobilo Icon Pinot Noir

Odyssey Coffee Cart
To drink:
–Tropical Delight Mango Smoothie with Coconut Syrup and Grey Goose Vodka

Patagonia
To eat:
–Beef empanada
–Grilled beef skewer with chimichurri sauce and boniato purée
–Roasted Verlasso salmon with quinoa salad and arugula chimichurri

To drink:
–Undurraga Sparkling Wine Brut
–Calle Ocho Chardonnay
–Kaiken Torrontés
–Terrazas Reserva Malbec

Poland
To eat:
–Kielbasa and potato pierogi with caramelized onions and sour cream
–Sauerkraut pierogi with pork goulash

To drink:
–Okocim Brewery, Okocim O.K. Beer
–Donausonne® Blaufränkisch Hungarian Wine
–Frozen Szarlotka Apple Pie featuring Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka

Refreshment Port
To eat:
–Croissant doughnut with cinnamon and sugar
–Dole fruit bowl: choice of pineapple tidbits or mandarin slices
–Fried chicken chunks with Dole pineapple sweet and sour sauce
–Pineapple Dole® Whip soft-serve ice cream
–Pineapple Dole Whip soft-serve ice cream with Bacardí® Coconut Rum

To drink:
Dragon Berry Refresher featuring Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum

Refreshment Cool Post
To eat:
–spicy hot dogs with kimchi slaw and korean mustard

To drink:
–Mango Star featuring African Starr Rum t
frozen “Brown Elephant.”

Scotland
To eat:
–Haggis with neeps and tatties: Traditional Haggis with rutabaga and mashed potatoes
–Fresh potato pancake with Scottish smoked salmon and herb sour cream
–Seared sea scallop with spinach-cheddar gratin and crispy bacon
The Tipsy Laird: Whiskey-soaked cake with lemon cream and toasted oats

To drink:
–Innis & Gunn® CASK OAK Aged Beer*
–Brew Dog Punk Ale
–Citrus Thistle featuring Hendrick’s Gin
–Glenfiddich® Single Malt 12-Year Scotch
–Glenfiddich® Single Malt 15-Year Scotch
–Glenfiddich® Single Malt 18-Year Scotch
–Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch flight (12-, 15- and 18-year)

Showcase Coffee Cart
–Hot, Iced, or Frozen Chai Latte with Grey Goose Vodka or Bailey’s topped with cinnamon and whipped cream

South Korea
To eat:
–Korean Barbecue Short Rib with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi
–Roasted pork lettuce wrap with kimchi slaw

To drink:
–iCing Grapefruit Sparkling Rice Brew
–Myungjak Bokbunja Raspberry Wine
–Soju Banana Milkshake featuring The Ginger People® Ginger Soother®

Sustainable Chew — NEW!
To eat:
–Pork Spareribs with red wine, fennel, and cheesy mascarpone grits
–Ricotta & zucchini ravioli with tomato sauce
–Vanilla panna cotta with fresh figs and pistachio brittle

To drink:
–Founders Spectra Trifecta (Chamomile Kolsch)
–Frozen Chew-tini
–Beso Del Sol White Sangria

Test Track Coffee Cart
–Iced Coffee Dream: bold roast coffee, chilled and iced, with light cream, topped with Bailey’s Irish Crème® and whipped cream. Also available hot.

Wine Studio — NEW!
To eat:
–Trio of artisan cheese
–Karst cave-aged cheese served with honey
–La Bonne Vie goat cheese served with Craisin® bread
–Rogue Creamery Oregon Blue Cheese with berry port compote

To drink:
–Avviato Pinot Grigio, Oregon
–14 Hands Chardonnay, Washington
–Franciscan Equilibrium White Wine, California
–Acacia Pinot Noir, California
–Dry Creek Zinfandel, California
–Spellbound Petite Sirah, California
–Clayhouse Malbec, California
–Line 39 Cabernet Sauvignon, California​

I did the same thing today, looked through the menus and highlighted what I really want to taste! So much to sample, good thing I'll be there for 8 days! :-)

Wow! Not to be a party pooper, but if we were traveling world showcase with you there would be a lot of places that we would veer off and enjoy, because I'm surprised you don't want any of the things from those booths, unless you are just trying to be good! I would also hit the lamb in Australia. I guess you are going mostly for the beverages.

I can't believe that you aren't getting anything from Belgium or Canada, those are among my favorites! I like the stuff from Germany but I can see skipping it if you had to. I would eat those, but I love sausage and spaetzle! And skipping Greece! :eek: And not to eat the Lobster and seafood fisherman's pie! OK, we can't tour the festival together! :rotfl:

We definitely have different tastes, because I need to hang around the festival for over a week to get to taste some of everything. I pretty much want something from almost every booth! We will be back in October of 2016 for F&W and I can't wait!

I did the same thing today, looked through the menus and highlighted what I really want to taste! So much to sample, good thing I'll be there for 8 days! :-)

There is so much to sample! Its great to have a nice long trip to get to try it all. Plus on the days you are there with other people, you can share which helps you try out even more!

Wow! Not to be a party pooper, but if we were traveling world showcase with you there would be a lot of places that we would veer off and enjoy, because I'm surprised you don't want any of the things from those booths, unless you are just trying to be good! I would also hit the lamb in Australia. I guess you are going mostly for the beverages.

I can't believe that you aren't getting anything from Belgium or Canada, those are among my favorites! I like the stuff from Germany but I can see skipping it if you had to. I would eat those, but I love sausage and spaetzle! And skipping Greece! :eek: And not to eat the Lobster and seafood fisherman's pie! OK, we can't tour the festival together! :rotfl:

We definitely have different tastes, because I need to hang around the festival for over a week to get to taste some of everything. I pretty much want something from almost every booth! We will be back in October of 2016 for F&W and I can't wait!

Well, we very well may eat some of the food items I haven't highlighted. None of them are must dos though. Belgium & Canada haven't really changed their food menus at all in the past few years & we've tried those items before so its in the maybe area. I actually don't really like lobster but my husband does so if he wants to go for it, he will. My husband & I will finish out our passport though so we will get to all the booths - we just aren't predetermined at certain ones. We are going to be touring the festival that first Friday with my best friend & her fiancé so we very well may be going to some of the booths I haven't picked something out at with them - we adjust based on who we are with :) As we know we will be around the festival booths at least 5 days of Trip #1 - we shall expand!

We're going to keep up with being 'good' by keeping up with our run schedule for the challenge training plans along with other times in the gym - I also have a yoga app on my cell phone (Fit Star Yoga - It's Free!) that I will use in the room as well for 20 to 30 minute sessions. I fully intend to enjoy whatever I want to eat though! According to my schedule - I'll have to do at least 3 30 to 45 minute runs, a 5 mile one and a 3 mile one which seems doable.

I'm glad you are going to be getting back to the festival in 2016! We haven't decided it we are going to do a long trip or some short weekend trips yet - depends on Aulani + if my husband's store performs well enough to get to go to the free trip this year as that will take some of my vacation time.

Subbing! We will be at F&W the first weekend - enjoying reading your plans!

August Training Update

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.08.26 PM.png

At the beginning of the month, I told myself that my goals for running would be to at least run every Monday & Saturday for at least 30 minutes. If possible, I may end up throwing in another run on Wednesday if I get out of work in time to do both a run and yoga. The official training plan for Rebel Challenge doesn’t start until September 15th so I’m not too worried about adding on mileage until then. I have written those runs into my planner for the rest of 2015 so I can have reminders of what I need to do. I need to start looking for some races in the Naples area if they are around what the mileage is that I’m supposed to run. That will force me to get off the treadmill more and up and out early in the day. As you can see - it didn’t really happen well at the end of the month.

My gym is really changing up their gym classes for the fall. I won't have as many options for yoga as I do now which probably will help me feel like I should run more.

I didn't really lose a ton this month but at least it stayed in the right direction!

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.08.37 PM.png

August Miles Ran: 16.49 miles
Total 2015 Miles Ran: 184.36 miles

Have you tried this one before from the Australia booth? It sounds awfully simple but good.

We have. My husband really liked it as he loves coconut! If you love coconut, you will like it! It is simple but simple sometimes works better than over complication for certain items. The entire cake is covered in chocolate and coconut.

Enjoy the first weekend! You'll have to post about your experiences! Thank you for joining in :)

I will for sure! I have a PTR started and I have a TR that I literally JUST finished from last October. Ha. I am enjoying reading thru your older ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter