Why does everyone hate sci fi?

I love it!! The atmosphere is great - tends to be quieter, poeple/kids watching movies, nice and cool in the middle of a hot day.

But it's a drive in. A burger joint. I go by the rule, "Don't order a steak at a burger joint". Stick with the burgers, onion rings, milk shakes- drive in food and you won't go wrong!!

We tried Sci-Fi for the first time last December. The atmosphere is definitely cool, but the food isn't great considering the cost.

We use the DDP so I'm comparing it to a meal we could get at Coral Reef, Le Cellier, etc. The Sci-Fi food isn't bad, but compared to other options, we feel we could make better use of our credits.

It is worth at least one try though!

TX

I thought that it wasn't bad. I had the reuben, which was good. DH had the turkey club and it was good too. The chocolate peanut butter cake was very good. We also found it inexpensive for an OOP lunch. The only thing stopping me from making another ADR there for our upcoming trip is the fact that I didn't care for the atmosphere. I'm weird - most people love it. But I found that the clips got annoying. They also repeat on a loop - and we know this because we had awful service. It took almost 2 hours to have lunch. But I think it was fun to do and for people paying OOP, it's a good choice, as there are several entrees that are not too costly (at least for us, as we're used to big city, east coast prices).

I enjoy Sci-Fi because it's a fun place.
I think the menu could have more variety so usually we order a shake and onion rings. I never thought the food was bad.

You can ask for the burgers for dinner also, even though they are not on the dinner menu. They are a reasonable choice for OOP and are good with the shakes. We enjoy Sci-Fi.

The Sci Fi Dine In Theater is my one and only MUST DO restaraunt at WDW. Sure the food is just average (not bad and nothing spectacular); its the atmosphere, the cheesy sci-fi clips and the dine-in cars that make this place so fun.

Everytime someone at work tells me they are going to WDW, I always tell them to go to Sci-Fi! Keep the ADR and have fun! :thumbsup2

We loved it to! Most of us got burgers and they were great and so were the milshakes. As others have said, atmosphere is a lot of fun. We had a big party with a few different allergies and the chef was excellent!

How is a family of three seated? Would we all fit on the same row?

We loved it! Granted, we were there for lunch and just had onion rings and cheese burgers and shakes, but... It was so much fun! We loved the movie clips, especially my husband and he doesn't get all that excited about much. Its a place we'd gladly pay OOP for. Is it gourmet? Um....no. But if you stick with the basics, you should be perfectly happy.

Just ate there last week. LOVED it. Not that the food was great (it wasn't bad, though) but the atmosphere. We all loved it and I cannot believe I actually listened to the people on this board and have been missing out on this one for years. Big mistake. We will definitely do this again.

Meanwhile we went to Primetime and found it annoying atmosphere-wise and not that great for food either.

I don't hate it. We like it well enough. Cute atmosphere, GREAT air conditioning haha. I enjoy the darkness of it.

We love it for the theme and ambiance. We're huge Mystery Science Theater fans and get a kick out of seeing trailers for some of the movies we've seen. Stay with what is consistently decent - burgers, fries and shakes and then you can't go wrong. Have fun!

Just ate there last week. LOVED it. Not that the food was great (it wasn't bad, though) but the atmosphere. We all loved it and I cannot believe I actually listened to the people on this board and have been missing out on this one for years. Big mistake. We will definitely do this again.

Meanwhile we went to Primetime and found it annoying atmosphere-wise and not that great for food either.

Im glad you said that cuz if I cancelled, 50's was the next choice...ha

I agree with the poster who said everybody should try Sci-Fi at least once. The experience oozes magic and it epitomizes what makes Disney unique.

View your time at Sci-Fi as an attraction more than a meal. You can absolutely find better food on property, but few places offer that kind of wondrous entertainment.

After you see the inside and absorb the ambiance, you can decide whether you want to return.

The food was okay, nothing special or memorable. We were just disappointed.

You must not have tried this:

WDWmay09137.jpg

or this:
WDWmay09138.jpg

or either of these;
WDWmay09142.jpg

WDWmay09143.jpg

Sci-Fi is our favorite place to eat at WDW. A must do for every trip. The atmosphere is quite unique and fun. Give it a try!

We eaten full meals there but last time we just went for dessert. That was a couple trips ago. Love the atmosphere.

A side note for the person with the paper/plastic on her burger...could it have been the dividers they use to keep frozen burgers from sticking together before they are cooked?

We love it! It's the ONE place my DH made sure we had plans to eat at this trip. :goodvibes It is just fun. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter