Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

ME!

Thankfully we have 410 days still.. Plenty of time to change our minds 90000 times..
I still NEED to see Tess too... Would love to book something with her! Including the sewing teachings!!!

Time to go and RE DO our dates!!!

cleardot.gif

I cannot book my dates until the end of September/beginning of October, depending on which dates we pick. I will be booking at Boardwalk to start, but try for the Poly at the 7 month mark.

I have a long weekend in October.... I don't have any time before that to get together - my oldest, Kate, is getting married in a month!

Do they realize that it only costs about $16 per person to go from 4 day tickets to 6 day tickets - just sayin' ;) And you need park hoppers when staying at monorail and Epcot resorts because it is so easy to just "hop" into the closest park for fireworks or general mayhem. ;)

They are newbies to the whole thing.. They don't realize ANYTHING at this point. I promise i will change all this by the time we get there...
I said the same thing! See disney addicts think alike! between MK and Epcot? i just want to ride the monorail round and round epcot it's one of my FAVORITE transportations- such an amazing view point of SE!!!
you know us already with the 'general mayhem'.. :rotfl2:

Can you imagine how much fun it will be to have both families in club level? That would be perfect. :)

I KNOW!!! How F-U-N is this going to be!

It will be interesting to watch you plan this trip. ;)

Your right it is going to be something else.. it'a already unraveling into a whirlwind of insanity. As the time goes by i am sure there will be a lot more BBQ's... "PLANNING" nights... LOL

There was a ton of lightening last night. DH and I went outside to check our roof repair work and it was really coming down.

the past couple of days have been intense!!! between the heat- humidity- and storms? TAKE COVER!!! just happy today is a little bit of a reprieve!

They're totally going to want more park days!!! Do you guys use park hoppers? We always do, but I know lots of people feel like it's a waste of money. I really love being able to pop in here and then hop over there and take a break and then go somewhere else.

I totally agree i need to sit and make a pretend plan and just hand it to them and say ---look Bry- your going to buy this and i don't want to hear any backlash.
and be done with it.
I am not a huge park hopper but do it when we need to! Like parades- fireworks- drinking- EMH- more drinking- food!

I hope you can get all the kinks worked out and start to pay!! Paying is the worst, but it's also the best because IT'S REAL!!!!!! Happy Weekend :)

Ugh. I was supposed to call and time ran away from me.. Gotta do that as soon as i am done with the replies!

I cannot book my dates until the end of September/beginning of October, depending on which dates we pick. I will be booking at Boardwalk to start, but try for the Poly at the 7 month mark.

YAY! i want you to partake in the shenanigans which will sure to commence! As soon as we arrive. I am sure it will be entertaining..

I have a long weekend in October.... I don't have any time before that to get together - my oldest, Kate, is getting married in a month!

no way... :cheer2:

I know i will see tons of pictures! how is the planning going? How did that come up so fast?!?

Your trip sounds so exciting! It sounds like your friends will be a perfect match.

Oh the Trip report will have to be censored quite a bit to make it Dis Friendly!!!

Just a quick post right now:

This weekend where did it go?
Friday i apparently was a little more tired then i had thought as i went home sat on the couch for a minute with the kids and next thing i knew Peanut was waking me for dog training at 5:30pm!!! I passed out for 3 hours! :faint: Totally missed Tom coming home and leaving for football registration. just call me Aurora!

Clearly i didn't call Disney for Bryan and Amy.

Saturday i was scheduled for job #2. so i got up with every intention of deep cleaning the house shower and get ready for work.
I showered and got ready for work no cleaning..
Got a text asking what we were doing that night well I had every thought to go home and start that cleaning!!
Nope went to our friends house to BBQ - Yes there was talk of Disney BUT NO PLANS! Yay!

Sunday..
Woke up pretty early Zack and i ran out to my favorite store in the world... COSTCO! spent entirely TOO much money Yet i won't have to worry about food or coffee for a while. Came home and DEEP CLEANED! i mean on hands and knees SCRUBBING the floors- walls and all cushions on the couch are now dog smell FREE! everyone pitched in we got the front room done in 4 hours. now on to the hallway bathrooms and the dreaded kitchen.

Today-
work home try and get a little cleaning done before football camp. Thankfully it's only 3 blocks away at the local high school!

Caught up on all my work here --

OFF TO CALL DISNEY! I need a PLAN of attack to TELL Bryan what they are going to do.. :thumbsup2

When i am done i'll post the mock plan tell me what you all think?

Sure.. Just wait for this...
That sounds interesting.

I have no clue how you do 3 jobs and run around with 3 kids. I would go nuts.

I have a dog question for you, do you have an tricks on the proper way to deal with an old dog ( 12 1/2 year old English Springer Spaniel) who lately loves to bark at us. Sometimes it is because she wants a treat, or food. But mostly no clue why she is barking. I have tried to do the saying quiet, tried ignoring ( she will bark for at least an hour if you ignore- i usually wind up getting up and doing something else)

How many is TOO MANY?

Yesterday was a little obnoxious.

At lunch i figured i had some time to call Disney and get the quotes for Bryan for the dates he wanted.

I called.
15 minutes with the automated thing first. who could NOT get my name right for ANYTHING! seriously how hard is MICHELLE? It's not like I have a strong accent I am from Chicago. i don't say one- two - tree. I am very clear and enunciate all of my words (it's a pet peeve of mine) It was NOT magical.

Finally i get a REAL person on the line.
just need a price THAT'S ALL. well now all of a sudden Bryan and Amy's information isn't in there. i have to re-do it all and honestly I don't know most of it so i winged it. I JUST NEED THE PRICES.
another 20 minutes pass.
Finally she is have enough information to give me a couple of quotes for Bryan and Amy. YAY!

It took entirely too long to get two price quotes!

Sent Bryan a few emails.. one with the new price and another with a couple of you tube videos

then i stared to over think...

Maybe you all can help here...

blank-September-2017-calendar.jpg

So Bryan's dates will be the 2nd to the 9th. I have the 4th to the 12th.
I have to change them. Either to
3-11 OR
2-10
Possibly the 10-11 for US?

Then i started looking at the dates for MNSSHP
If history will repeat itself There will only be ONE party this week on the 7th. Only one.

The week after from the 9-16 there will be three parties. Possibly food and wine starting the 13th.

The Kids birthday is the 8th. So what do I do? Do we change it totally?

Which would mean we would leave Thursday- get to Disney on the 8th stay until 15 or 16th hop over to US stay the one night then boogie home.

OR

Should i stop worrying so much and leave it the way it is??

While talking on the phone with Bryan he asked to get a quote for Amy's parents. That's fine -- still don't know if they will actually come. even if they do we will split up and they can have their family time and we will have ours! Meet back up for our adr's No problem. Right? Right.

Well apparently he was talking to a friend of his who moved to Vegas... They want in...

Right there is 4 more people. Which would make 14 of us. Yeah.. Not going to plan a trip for 14 people. Have fun with that!! I will do my planning with my family. IF you want to tag along you go right ahead and plan it.. Not to be mean.. But that spiraled out of control in a one hour conversation!
I just want to go to Disney and i just want to have a good time with my family!!!

That sounds interesting.

I have no clue how you do 3 jobs and run around with 3 kids. I would go nuts.

There are days i have no idea how i do it either! LOL

I have a dog question for you, do you have an tricks on the proper way to deal with an old dog ( 12 1/2 year old English Springer Spaniel) who lately loves to bark at us. Sometimes it is because she wants a treat, or food. But mostly no clue why she is barking. I have tried to do the saying quiet, tried ignoring ( she will bark for at least an hour if you ignore- i usually wind up getting up and doing something else)

have you had her eye's checked? She might be able to see very well?
She is trying to tell you something! Being 12 1/2 is very old.. this would be more questions for a vet then a me?!? if it was a lot younger i could help!!

Wowza!! That's a LOT of people to plan for. I'm all for you being there for the party and the kiddos birthday. Isn't that how this started? For their Birthday? You can't not be there for that!!

Also, as someone who planned for 25, TWICE, don't do it!!!!! Way too much stress and not enough enjoyment!

We sometimes tell no one we are going. All those people would make me faint. I would stick to the dates you want and not try to move them.

Yep I agree...too many. Plus you may have to make sure he understands all the special dynamics of your Disney trip. If it were me, I would probably change it to be the following week (that of the kids actual birthday and 3 parties...if available). Then let him and his friends go together. You can then help them plan their trip and yours separate. ( and then their friends can just copy what they are doing). When I help plan someone else's trips, I get a top three in each park from each person. I also have them go through all the restaurants on Allearsnet and have them pick out some things they might like...or give them suggestions and let them make it.

Oh man! That did get crazy quick! You sound like me, always the one making the plan for everyone else. I have friends in from out of town next month and we are going to a Red Sox game, told everyone that didn't have tickets they were on their own as I refuse to hand hold and babysit 30+ year old women!

If it were me, I would maybe do the second week with the additional party possibility. This is the main reason I picked my dates the way we did. US at the start, then cruise and finish up at WDW and hope for a MNSSHP and Food and wine.

Totally agree - 14 is Waaaaaay too many people to plan for... Plan for your own family, if other want to join up - great - if not, great too. ::yes:: Otherwise it's just way too crazy!

I have no idea what to do for dates though... We love MNSSHP though - and we are very much looking forward to doing it on this trip.

It's going to be awesome regardless though!

D~

Eeek, that did get crazy quick.
Even meeting up with 1 other family can get dicey, but more then that....ugh!!

You def want to go to a MNSSHP.
We've been the last 2 labor day weekends and they have been awesomely slow.
While I enjoy Food and Wine, it wouldn't be the top deciding factor on my dates, but to each their own, of course!!

YIKES! How did that frickin' happen!?

I'd say don't change your dates for anybody else, you'll still overlap for a bunch....however, if you have the opportunity to squeeze in the start of Food and Wine or give yourself more than one date as an option for MNSSHP, that might not be terrible.

I'd give them 407-W-DISNEY and they can start planning their own dang vacation :)

Ok, first of all, if Bryan and Amy want to go and bring half of their family and friends, fine, let them plan it. Secondly, this year there are 2 MNSSHP the first week - the first one is Sept 2.
Third, if you keep your original dates, you will miss my birthday:rolleyes1 and you should be there for the munchkins birthday. I much prefer going the first week in Sept, since the crowds are a bit lower because F&W has not started.

You're right, 14 people is too many to plan for. Right now, you're going about the same time we normally go. This year I know that there are at least two Halloween parties during that time.
Liz

I think I would tell your friend sorry 14 people are too many people. You are spending all this money you need to make it the trip you want and enjoy yourself.

She is trying to tell you something! Being 12 1/2 is very old.. this would be more questions for a vet then a me?!? if it was a lot younger i could help!!
Thanks. I'll talk to the vet next week when I'm bring her in for her bordetella vaccine.
Just wondering what you would suggest if she was younger?

Well that escalated not so quickly!

I agree 14 is way too many to plan for. Especially since you've already seen how many people "want in" but don't follow through. You guys will have a blast regardless of who you meet there; just your group of 5 seem to have an awesome time to me!

That being said, I'd move the dates... We did MNSSHP last year on opening night and it was a zoo! I feel like if you had more party days during your trip the odds of having a sold out night are less than if you have the one party happening.

Plus Labor Day is the 4th next year, and while that's good for school days missed (cause it's likely the kids will be off) it's also likely lots of other folks will be thinking the same thing.

And what a surprise to get there ON the kiddos' actual birthdate!!

Idk, maybe I'm over thinking it too...

Wowza!! That's a LOT of people to plan for. I'm all for you being there for the party and the kiddos birthday. Isn't that how this started? For their Birthday? You can't not be there for that!!

Tell me about it. that's crazy.
I have more to tell you!

Also, as someone who planned for 25, TWICE, don't do it!!!!! Way too much stress and not enough enjoyment!

I cannot agree more.. I do have an entire update to write about all this.

We sometimes tell no one we are going. All those people would make me faint. I would stick to the dates you want and not try to move them.

:upsidedow
it is a lot of people... This all started with me!

Yep I agree...too many. Plus you may have to make sure he understands all the special dynamics of your Disney trip. If it were me, I would probably change it to be the following week (that of the kids actual birthday and 3 parties...if available). Then let him and his friends go together. You can then help them plan their trip and yours separate. ( and then their friends can just copy what they are doing). When I help plan someone else's trips, I get a top three in each park from each person. I also have them go through all the restaurants on Allearsnet and have them pick out some things they might like...or give them suggestions and let them make it.

Yeah.. Your nicer then i am.. Im not even going that far!!

Oh man! That did get crazy quick! You sound like me, always the one making the plan for everyone else. I have friends in from out of town next month and we are going to a Red Sox game, told everyone that didn't have tickets they were on their own as I refuse to hand hold and babysit 30+ year old women!

It spiraled out of control way to fast for me. and he emailed me about it!
Exactly! i am not holding anyone hands i am not going to keep emails texting about it. they know the rules and numbers to call if they want something!

If it were me, I would maybe do the second week with the additional party possibility. This is the main reason I picked my dates the way we did. US at the start, then cruise and finish up at WDW and hope for a MNSSHP and Food and wine.

Exactly. i want the additional parties! i just cant see paying for the ticket to wait in lines again.. No thank you!
You trip sounds like perfection!

Totally agree - 14 is Waaaaaay too many people to plan for... Plan for your own family, if other want to join up - great - if not, great too. ::yes:: Otherwise it's just way too crazy!

D! your here! Hi!!! :hug:
I have been having NIGHTMARES about this! honest to goodness NIGHTMARES i was so stressed out about it. I do have an update.

I have no idea what to do for dates though... We love MNSSHP though - and we are very much looking forward to doing it on this trip.

I cannot miss the halloween party. I MUST GO. it's my favorite! just want to make sure it isn't when the entire WDW guests are there!
I like my No wait times for any rides and characters!

It's going to be awesome regardless though!

I have to agree.. Wish you were going!

Eeek, that did get crazy quick.
Even meeting up with 1 other family can get dicey, but more then that....ugh!!

Too quick for my taste! A little crazy for me.
Meet ups are easy! I love my Dis Meets!!! It's the planning for 14 people will have me in an early grave!

You def want to go to a MNSSHP.
We've been the last 2 labor day weekends and they have been awesomely slow.

The MNSSHP is by far my favorite. we will not miss it. ever.
Really?!?! it's been slow?!?! that surprises me!!!

While I enjoy Food and Wine, it wouldn't be the top deciding factor on my dates, but to each their own, of course!!

Nope not mine either. But it's fun drinking around the world..

YIKES! How did that frickin' happen!?

Im still trying to figure it out. :confused3

I'd say don't change your dates for anybody else, you'll still overlap for a bunch....however, if you have the opportunity to squeeze in the start of Food and Wine or give yourself more than one date as an option for MNSSHP, that might not be terrible.

I agree!!! I have an update!!

I'd give them 407-W-DISNEY and they can start planning their own dang vacation

HA HA HA HA good.. No GREAT POINT!!!

Ok, first of all, if Bryan and Amy want to go and bring half of their family and friends, fine, let them plan it. Secondly, this year there are 2 MNSSHP the first week - the first one is Sept 2.
Third, if you keep your original dates, you will miss my birthday:rolleyes1 and you should be there for the munchkins birthday. I much prefer going the first week in Sept, since the crowds are a bit lower because F&W has not started.

Hi Tess.
I agree if they want all those people go for it. I cannot stress over it anymore.
ahhh I didn't see the two of them! I only saw the one party on Thursday!!

I have to agree we need Birthday love... Sept 3rd right???
Even with Labor day it's not busy??

You're right, 14 people is too many to plan for. Right now, you're going about the same time we normally go. This year I know that there are at least two Halloween parties during that time.
Liz

Way too many. well i didn't read it right then! I was focused on the ONE party date the thursday before the kids birthday?!?

I think I would tell your friend sorry 14 people are too many people. You are spending all this money you need to make it the trip you want and enjoy yourself.

I have to tell him that.. If they want to go together then by all means go at it!
That much money being spent and it's my kids birthday i need to focus on them!

Thanks. I'll talk to the vet next week when I'm bring her in for her bordetella vaccine.
Just wondering what you would suggest if she was younger?

Spray bottle! can of rocks! put her into a settle position.

Well that escalated not so quickly!

Nope.

I agree 14 is way too many to plan for. Especially since you've already seen how many people "want in" but don't follow through. You guys will have a blast regardless of who you meet there; just your group of 5 seem to have an awesome time to me!

EXACTLY people will say.. Yeah im in.. then never book. I know Bryan and Amy will book. it's just a matter of when they can book.
This is true we do muster up our own mayhem where ever we go. memories to last forever!

That being said, I'd move the dates... We did MNSSHP last year on opening night and it was a zoo! I feel like if you had more party days during your trip the odds of having a sold out night are less than if you have the one party happening.

That's what scared me. Too many people. I do NOT like crowds. at all.
Your absolutely right. more party dates and people can spread out more not at one party!

Plus Labor Day is the 4th next year, and while that's good for school days missed (cause it's likely the kids will be off) it's also likely lots of other folks will be thinking the same thing.

Sure is Which i still don't understand WHY is it that monday and not that friday the 1st?!?
I cannot agree more. That is another factor in my crowd levels that week.

And what a surprise to get there ON the kiddos' actual birthdate!!

YES!!! FUNTASTIC!

Idk, maybe I'm over thinking it too...

you and me both.. We would be bad together.. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter