Why does Disney keep putting our vacations in spouse's name?

This has happened to us all three disney trips-two at wdw and our cruise. I did all planning, reserving, payment, and dealings with travel agent, etc. Yet when the official reservation arrives, it is in DH's name! It does irk me a bit but we are all going together and we are married so its not like they put my ex husbands info on there! I am older than DH, paid with my own credit card (he isn't even authorized user), and am alphabetically before him so not sure how they decide whose name to put it in but I definitely find it odd they just don't use the name of the person doing the ressie as it will normally be the first name listed!!

for some reason it bugs me too. I want top billing since I do everything when it comes to trips.

I think that's what it comes down to, at least for me. Luckily for DCL and the actual confirmations for DVC, I get top billing, as is my due. (it's just when we go to check in to the resort that I disappear, LOL)

The fact that I'm showing up for things like that shows that it's not actually sexism written into the code, but just some error *somewhere*.

To quote one of the Moderators. Question asked and answered.
C on guys and gals.

Question has not been fully answered, as a Disney IT person has not come in to explain it all. Question has been discussed and theorized about, but not answered.

Our Disney stuff always ends up in DH's name first, too. Oddly enough, he wasn't even in there when I bought the DVC contract ... yet his name is first on it.

Its not age, since he's younger than me. It might be alphabetical since his last name starts with an "A" and mine starts with an "S".

We're both ethnic, but he has a very complicated difficult to spell last name, and mine is from my caucasian father, so I kept mine (my first name is complicated and difficult enough, I didn't need two). Our son got his last name, if we have a daughter eventually, she will be given mine, and either can choose to change it when they turn 18; both of our last names were too long to hyphenate.

I don't know what Disney's deal is with names, but as long as they don't make it difficult for me to do the reservations, or make any changes without him, I don't care enough to write an e-mail to them about it.

Btw, I'm not sure if this is related but I once reserved a separate DVC room for my brother and nephew whose last name are both the same as mine, so I thought it would be simple and easy. The arrived later than us, so they were checking in while I was in the park, and I got a call that the front desk couldn't check them in since somehow my 12 year old nephew's name had ended up lead on the reservation. :confused3 So I had to come to the front desk to authorize my brother being able to be the lead on the reservation instead of the minor ...

So whatever the program does, it doesn't exclude minors from being leads.

Its not sexist........it is likely your husbands name is listed first on the DVC contract.

AKK

Yes, same issue here on DCL and DVC room ressie as well.
Last names are different
and No, hubby is not on the Direct contract at all, but the ressie is under his name. UGH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter