• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why does Disney Internet stink?

this is a real issue that needs to be resolved. The springhill suites i stay at frequently has better internet service at $85 per night. I get people think i'm crazy for needing internet while on vacation - but some of us do have to work while traveling. Or, want to in order avoid chaos when getting home.

Either way, the lack of serviceable internet is ridiculous.

amen!!!

This is a real issue that needs to be resolved. The Springhill Suites I stay at frequently has better internet service at $85 per night. I get people think I'm crazy for needing internet while on vacation - but some of us do have to work while traveling. Or, want to in order avoid chaos when getting home.

Either way, the lack of serviceable internet is ridiculous.

Will the current internet service make you sell your ownership or not visit WDW?

:earsboy: Bill

some of us do have to work while traveling. Or, want to in order avoid chaos when getting home.
I know I'm starting to be Broken Record Guy, but if you need access to the Internet for work while traveling, you really owe it to yourself to travel with a cellular backup in case the hotel's service is inadequate.

We just had terrible troubles at Jambo House using the wi-fi. It was basically unusable in the room and not much better in the lobby. When we switched to BLT it was significantly better.

We're currently at Vero Beach, and it's the worst I've ever had. Can't even connect to any of the "available" networks in the room, and it's barely usable in the lobby. Ordinarily I'm not much bothered by problems like this, but unlike a WDW trip where we're not in the room much, it would be nice if it were usable here during breaks from the beach, before/after meals, etc.

Hunnypaw said:
Just stayed at Aulani. I work while on vacation sometimes as well. I asked for their outgoing mail server information so I could send email via my Laptop which has Microsoft Outlook. Aulani IT rep said they do not provide that "outgoing" server information... and I should send emails via "webmail".... which my work does not allow (security reasons). I thought that was odd as every chain hotel I stay at offers this to their business guests. They know SMTP info is needed to send email using Outlook or a similar program. :confused3

I'm lucky as I do not need an smtp address to send using outlook, for those times I've needed it

Yesterday it stank, today it's much much better!:goodvibes

We've noticed the same thing, too, here at SSR. Today, my wife and I have been on our MacBooks for 2-3 hours and we lost the wi-fi signal only once between us -- and that might have been the fault of the website rather that Disney's wi-fi.

It appears Disney is interested in getting feedback on its wi-fi service. Before moving over to SSR on 7/31, we were at Pop Century for two nights on a cash stay. This morning, I got an email from Disney asking me to complete a survey about our stay at Pop Century. Several questions dealt with Disney's wi-fi service. They asked where we used it at the resort (room, pool, etc), what devices we connected (iPad, iPhone, Android, PC, etc), what services we used, and what problems we had.

BCV wireless was horrible. Kept freezing and disconnecting all week. Complained to tech service and they said it needed to be addressed by a level two technician. Was very slow and frustrating. Just stopped using it.
They also confirmed that while there is an initial Disney contact, any real problems are passed on to an outside company.

We just had terrible troubles at Jambo House using the wi-fi. It was basically unusable in the room and not much better in the lobby. When we switched to BLT it was significantly better.

Funny...I had the exact opposite experience.

My connection was awesome in Jambo House, both in my CL room and in the Club Lounge and connected without incident. At BLT, I couldn't stay connected for more than 5 min, if I could connect at all.

BCV wireless was horrible. Kept freezing and disconnecting all week. Complained to tech service and they said it needed to be addressed by a level two technician. Was very slow and frustrating. Just stopped using it.
They also confirmed that while there is an initial Disney contact, any real problems are passed on to an outside company.

We also had the same problem at BCV last month. DH rang Technical support twice and they sent someone out to our room. I don't know what they did as we were out (they definitely came though as they had opened the curtains) but it was much better afterwards.

Caron

I'm lucky as I do not need an smtp address to send using outlook, for those times I've needed it

As an IT guy by trade you do not need disneys smtp address. You would use your companies or your email providers. The only thin g that would make it not work is if disneys firewall is blocking the outgoing smtp port. A lot of places do this to stopa virus from spreading.

As an IT guy by trade you do not need disneys smtp address. You would use your companies or your email providers. The only thin g that would make it not work is if disneys firewall is blocking the outgoing smtp port. A lot of places do this to stopa virus from spreading.

Thank you! I was wondering why my regular email wouldn't send while I was traveling (and it won't work in most hotels, Disney or not). I just got used to using Yahoo Mail whenever I travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter