Why does DCL tease us with things that are unavailable?

randumb0

Party at Mickey's
This is the second time this has happened to me. No matter what party size I select it says unavailable

1681230756808.png

Attachments

• 1681230188105.png
    1681230188105.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I think the consensus is that they have 4-top or larger tables left. We parties of 1-3 (possibly even 4) have to wait and see onboard (or maybe closer to sail date?

Because they also list some dinners and brunches as Sold Out.

Yes, it feels cruel.

I think the consensus is that they have 4-top or larger tables left. We parties of 1-3 (possibly even 4) have to wait and see onboard (or maybe closer to sail date?

Because they also list some dinners and brunches as Sold Out.

Yes, it feels cruel.

In the example of Brunch. Other days show as sold out and this one shows as available. If I don't have 4 people in my party then why even show it?

We have five rooms linked together. The system only allowed us to book five tables of two. It did not show multiple rooms as the original poster's photo. Obviously, we prefer to be seated together; a table of six (max available) and a table of four. Phoned and was told they could only combine us once onboard. Our situation alone could free up five tabletops for others. Sigh...

Yep, I'm finding the same thing when trying to book the Remy dessert experience on the Dream. I'm Platinum, and the ship is not close to being full yet 12 hours after activities booking opened I can't get it for 2 people. GRRRR

I've been trying to get Palo Brunch every day since our booking window open. I was able to at least check availability up until 2 days ago. Now it says sold out. But, on that same day when I was checking for brunch there was no option for Palo Dinner. Now there is. No brunch (sold out) but now Palo Dinner.

Yep, same issue here - two days show as sold out, the third offering brunch shows it as available and then I won't be allowed to book it. It's very frustrating.

I have a concierge booking that I requested Remy brunch and it wasn’t booked by shoreside but a second palo was booked in its place (10 day sailing). I tried to book it on my own and switch them at the 120 day with no success either even though it didn’t say sold out I was told by shoreside when I called that it was sold out and to ask if there’s availability when we board the ship.

I tried booking brunch at 105 days and it kept saying it couldn’t check availability. It finally has switched over to no availability. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think it’s odd they have so many 4 tops that clearly don’t sell. Most family’s have 2-3 kids and a set of parents, right? I’m sure there are some families cursing together that might want a 4 top, but doesn’t it make more sense to book as two tops and push two tables together on the less common instances of a party of 4. Seems to be an ongoing issue, you’d think they’d realize it.

This is the second time this has happened to me. No matter what party size I select it says unavailable

View attachment 752566
Same as the parks. If you are trying for 1or 2 its says unavailable but ifbyoubout 3+ there is room. With Palo it means there is a table available but you do not have the qty of people they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter