Why does anyone go to DTD?

I really enjoy Downtown Disney. Its a nice break away from the parks and is so nice to walk around in the evening hours. They have some uniquie shops like Basin, the Lego Store and I just enjoy sititng and people watching too! :)

I really enjoy Downtown Disney. Its a nice break away from the parks and is so nice to walk around in the evening hours. They have some uniquie shops like Basin, the Lego Store and I just enjoy sititng and people watching too! :)

:goodvibes

Earl of Sandwhich, Cirque. Next time want to try Raglan Road.
We browse the stores but do not find much that we cannot live without.. Would love to see more quality and unique merchandise to make it worth the trip to DTD.

Always hit Raglan Road and usually Cirque.
Enjoyed T-Rex in the past and love the spice/tea store, along with the pin store. It has been pretty packed every time we go, but I would not do a trip to WDW without getting Raglan Road bread pudding!

I LOVE DTD!!! Yes it may just be a "shopping mall" but it is always my first stop when I arrive in Disney. It is a great way to pump up the Disney energy when we first arrive since it is always to late to hit up a park! It makes everyone (in my case) more excited to go to the parks the next day. And I love eating at T-Rex (the chicken is amazing!) and going to Little Miss Matched. I know my DD will love the World of Disney and DS the Lego store and DH the sports store! Its just a fun place to walk around. But everyone has their own opinion!

We love downtown disney; just strolling along or shopping or love stopping and having some oysters at Fulton's; we also like stopping by the margharita bar and sitting by the water sipping our drinks and listening to the music....we also hit there to eat dinner or late lunch at least twice when on vacation at Disney...

I do not understand the appeal of this place, especially since the demise of PI. But what is it that appeals to anyone that they would actually have to travel to get to?

I understand DTD at DL and City Walk at Universal as they're both right there (and both great, IMO), but DTD at WDW is just a boatload of the same ole, same ole crappola. What is the appeal and how is Disney maintaining the crowds?

$3 draft pints at House of Blues during Happy Hour.

We used to go because it had great Disney shopping. I don't like to waste time in the parks doing my Disney shopping- I'd rather take a non ticket day and wander around the giant Disney store, X-mas store, grab my photopass+ card, etc. I wish the home store was still there!
My kids also adored the goofy candy shop make your own treat!
The last time we went though, there was nothing interesting in the Disney shop, the employees were rude, and all of DTD was so crowded and impossible to navigate, that I think we'll just skip it this next trip.

I love DTD. I feel liked my trip is not complete if I don't get to spend at least one day or night of my trip wandering in and out of all of the shops there. I particularly like WOD, Tren-D and the shop that has a lot of clearance items like 5 items for $20, etc. Good place to pick up stuff to bring home as gifts!:thumbsup2 We enjoy some of the restaurants too. We like Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express, Raglan Road, Fulton's. We have seen La Nouba, taken the water taxi to POR and/or vice versa. This past January I went to the movies. By myself. First time in my life. I would never have done that at home. But it was a matinee show on a Sunday and nice and quiet. Was a good way to give going to the movies by myself a try! :laughing:

I don't understand the World of Disney store as a reason to go downtown. The shops on Main st. in MK are exacly the same. the layout is a line instead of a block, but they have departmentalised just like world of disney. and of course sell the exact same stuff.

Because I don't like spending expensive park time shopping, I use my first half day or last day at dtd.

I think theres a simple reason why DT at Disneyland and Orlando are crowded. My answer and I'm sure many others "A" would you rather go back to your resort or hotel and just hang out with your family and call it a night or "B" take a stroll and enjoy music, shopping, and food. Theres very unique shops and merchandise that you just would not be able to find in one of the theme parks. Are some of the places over priced "Yes" but your on vacation so this should not come as a surprise.

I also enjoy time @ DTD. I agree that the "Same Old Crapola" can be found in the WoD store as can be found in essentially any other gift shop across WDW property. But that is not a DTD problem. That's a management philosophy/decison made by Disney, and its systemic across all WDW gift shops.

I long for the days when each resort's gift shop was unique to that shop and that shop only, catering to the theme of that specific resort. I also miss some of the unique shops that could once be found in DTD, or the old "shopping village" as it was once called.

Never the less, i find the atmosphere inviting, I enjoy grabbing a burger @ Rainforest Cafe, and find myself a kid all over again when walking into LEGO-Land. West Side Disney has much less appeal to me than does the traditional "Marketplace" side .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter