Why do you love your home resort?

Originally posted by kellyb2000
O.K., this may be dumb but remember I'm new to this - Most of you have answered that you own at 2 or 3 different resorts. Why?

We own at VB+OKW to have 11 month window at ocean front property and on WDW property.

We own mutiple DVC contracts, all at the same resort. We have purposely kept all our DVC pts at one resort.
We chose our home resort because for us, it is perfect! It gives us everything we want from a DVC resort at WDW.

Loved that description of the Wilderness Lodge, jarestel - Holy Moly!

We absolutely adore the VWL. I love the lobby, the music, the quiet rooms in the villas, the covered walkways to keep me out of the rain so I don't melt! We have 200 points there. Then we also have 85 points at the BCV for the location that is within walking distance to two parks.

If I could I wouldn't mind having 55 points at BWV, too (enough for standard view studio for 5 nights at the Epcot flower show in May).

But my absolute favorite hands down would always have to be VWL. That is the place that melts the stress off as soon as I walk through the doors. Ahh,

BWV!!! We bought it resale b/c we loved the location, theming, and fun atmosphere of being on the Boardwalk. Plus we love STANDARD points! The standard view lets you book BWV for about the same point totals of OKW.

I ended up choosing BWV for resale. I really love the Epcot Resorts area. I have stayed at all the Disney Epcot resorts several times and the BWI became my favorite.

BWV was the logical choice. I love the theme of the resort. In my opinion the resort seems geared to the older child/adult. Although I have seen tons of smaller children enjoying themselves there. I love being able to stroll back to BWV after Illuminations at Epcot. The proximity to so many dining options. Hotel amenities like valet services and room service are a plus for me. The bonus of the two tiered point structure for standard view vs. preferred view.

Have fun choosing your home resort!:)

We bought at OKW because after checking out pics of each villa at Allears, my DH liked it best:teeth: Me, I just wanted to be part of DVC::yes::

When we go home for the first time this October, I want to check out the rest of DVC. If I ever convince DH to do an add-on, I want to make an informed decision! I really like Spicey-cat's comment about the add-on at VWL for MVMCP, that would be great::yes::

Lisa:wave:

I love my home resort (VWL) because it's soooooo relaxing. Just walking through the lobby seems to relax me so much so that I'm convinced they're sending subliminal messages through the piped music...

We go to Disney every other year and bring bring someone new each time - we usually get at least 2, 2 bedrooms and do some banking/borrowing as necessary. If we weren't planning to bring family - a small contract for every other year would have suited well.

We've owned for just a year and a half at VWL (resale). We purchased there sight unseen (or I should say I chose it - DH just went along with it) because the pictures reminded me of the hotel we stayed at in West Yellowstone when we went snowmobiling many years ago. And, we are log home admirers, big time.

That said, I am not so attached to VWL that I won't stay anywhere else and want to try them all! We have used our points for AKL and in June a friend and I stayed at OKW.

However, out of every resort we have stayed (OKW, CR, DI, VWL, ASM, FW), VWL is my favorite. We had a woods view ground floor and it was so darn peaceful to sit out on our patio in an afternoon break from the parks! (But I did like the bigger space at OKW.)

We own at both BWV and VWL...

We first bought into BWV. At the time it was a choice between it and OKW. OKW rooms were impressive, but we liked being close to the action, the restaurants, the boats. We love the location, and the STD view point chart is a bargain. :teeth:

Now, my favorite WDW resort has always been WL, so VWL was a natural pic for us. I love the theming. It best represents the frontier spirit that Walt loved. Take the boat to MK, where the theming continues at Frontier Land... VWL and MK are a perfect WDW combination.

we bought resale at BWV and did an add-on through disney a year later at BWV.
We like our home because of the noise on the BW , the long hallways, the lousy views and also because of being close to 2 parks.:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

All my points are at BCV. I love being that close to Epcot.

I haven't ever had a problem booking any other DVC resort within the 7 month window. Last month I booked 1 night at VWL 2 weeks prior to staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter