Why do you love HS?

fabulousfive

DIS Veteran
Since I've been following this other thread out there with so many who have sad things to say about HS, I thought I'd start a thread where people can share what they love about the park.

I have not been there since it was MGM & we have a half day planned there this year. I really hope it's fun! This is what we have planned:

Animation tour
Beauty & The Beast show
Little Mermaid show
Disney Jr Live show
Parade possibly
Fantasmic
Osbourne Lights

We are thinking of eating at Pizza Planet. If there are any other CS ideas that pop up here, I'd love to hear it!

Let the love of the park begin!

Is your half day the second half of the day? I have to say my favorite thing at Hollywood studios is toy story midway mania. I'm guessing since its not on your list its because you don't plan to be there early enough to get a fp.

I also love the 50s prime time cafe as well as the tune in lounge. I could spend all day riding toy story and eating/drinking at the bar.

Edit: also I don't think they have a parade anymore

I have always liked HS, but I really fell in love with it on my last trip. I think it's because I slowed down and paid attention to more detail. Of course we love all of the attractions there as well as eating at 50's Prime Time a Cafe. We enjoy Fantasmic too. I love the shows too, though I'm wishing we had new ones now. I just really enjoy it. We spend a good two days there. (Three at MK and two or three at Epcot, one at animal kingdom. )

That's true: no parade at DHS.

Our first visit was when it was MGM. Being DL vets, we enjoyed it because it was very different than DL (DCA did not yet exist) and it really highlighted animation which my younger DD loved.
Now we love it specifically for:

JTA
Fantasmic!
and some Disney Jr. Characters!

I quite like Hollywood Studios. :)

Rock n Roller Coaster! Fast and Aerosmith music!
Muppet Vision 3D
Beauty and the Beast show
Little Mermaid Show

and for my 4-year-old son (which we haven't done yet)

Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior Live

MEETING PIXAR CHARACTERS!!!!

And we're going to see Fantasmic! I haven't been to it in years.

love, Love, LOVE DHS!!!

Why?
Sci-fi Dine Inn
50s Prine Time
Fantasmic!
Star Tours
Star Wars Weekends
The Villains Store (Villains in Vogue I believe)
Tower of Terror
Street of America
One Man's Dream
...The list goes on...heck I don't even mind the counter service ;)

For me:
Toy Story!
Muppet Vision 3D
Tower of Terror
Great Movie Ride

For husband:
Toy story
Indy stunt show
Rock'n'rollercoaster
Fantasmic
Star tours (even tho he gets motion sick - what a champ!)

We both love how small the actual footprint of the park is. Even if you hoof it
From the backlot tour allllllllll the way over to ToT its hardly a walk. At Animal Kingdom you feel like you're walking a marathon.

Is your half day the second half of the day? I have to say my favorite thing at Hollywood studios is toy story midway mania. I'm guessing since its not on your list its because you don't plan to be there early enough to get a fp.

I also love the 50s prime time cafe as well as the tune in lounge. I could spend all day riding toy story and eating/drinking at the bar.

Edit: also I don't think they have a parade anymore

Yes we're going second half of the day. I was realizing today I didn't have a parade scheduled & now I know why. Thanks for the heads up on no parade. And I almost got a FP+ the other day for TSMM but opted for The Little Mermaid Show instead. Is this a mistake? The Toy Story ride didn't look all that amazing online. I was trying to stick with more of the shows, but the way everyone raves about TSMM perhaps we should try it too.

Thanks all for sharing fun things about the park!

Tower of Terror (Hidden Mickey Glasses)
Toy Story
Drawing lessons at Art of Animation

And for CS
Starring Rolls Café
Fairfax Faire

Last October, I only had to wait through one show for Little Mermaid. I don't think you need to FP+ the show and should use the FP+ pick for TSMM especially because you are arriving later in the day.

Last October, I only had to wait through one show for Little Mermaid. I don't think you need to FP+ the show and should use the FP+ pick for TSMM especially because you are arriving later in the day.

Good advice,,thank you! So when you waited for the Little Mermaid did you physically have to stand in the line & wait, or you just came later for the next show? It's a short show so maybe it wasn't that big of a deal. If we don't do TSMM are we really missing out? What's the hype all about? Thanks for your thoughts!

Definitely agree with this. Especially during testing, take advantage of the FP+ for toy story as regular FP will be gone by the time you arrive. Does little mermaid still have regular FP? If so I'm sure you could get one if the line is long.

Good advice,,thank you! So when you waited for the Little Mermaid did you physically have to stand in the line & wait, or you just came later for the next show? It's a short show so maybe it wasn't that big of a deal. If we don't do TSMM are we really missing out? What's the hype all about? Thanks for your thoughts!

For us, it's fun to play against each other, and to try to beat our best scores. It's a really fun interactive ride even if you're not trying for a high score.

Over my past 2 trips, I've gotten to where I really love DHS.

Star Tours is one of my favorite rides in all of WDW, and I can (and do) ride it over and over.

I'm a big fan of Phineas and Ferb and DHS is the only place to meet them.

I also had fun this year meeting Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope (only at DHS), and Woody & Buzz (I think this is the only place you can meet them together, and they have a great set-up).

Toy Story Mania is fun, and I finally started getting halfway decent at it on my third try.

The Animation Academy class is something I'm eager to do again; I've drawn Dale and Mickey so far.

Next time, I will find Writers Stop and get one of those famous carrot cake cookies...

Physically waited in line. I missed the cut-off for the loading show by one person and waited for the next show. It wasn't very long at all.

TSMM: If you like video games and have a competitive family, you will enjoy TSMM. My family waited in line for it at California Adventure when it had first opened and thought it was quite fun! It is a fun ride to experience. Of course, we also like Buzz Lightyear for the same competitive reasons and I won't even explain our Fantasia mini-golf excursions!:)

Physically waited in line. I missed the cut-off for the loading show by one person and waited for the next show. It wasn't very long at all.

TSMM: If you like video games and have a competitive family, you will enjoy TSMM. My family waited in line for it at California Adventure when it had first opened and thought it was quite fun! It is a fun ride to experience. Of course, we also like Buzz Lightyear for the same competitive reasons and I won't even explain our Fantasia mini-golf excursions!:)

Thanks for sharing more! :)

I love the park I always have back when it was mgm. Its not my favorite but it has a great feel to it. I love Star tours muppets tot great movie ride I was fascinated with one mans dream. Fantasmic is also great. I think its easy to get around unlike animal kingdom which feels like endless walking. Than again ak just doesn't feel like Disney to me.

I love the park I always have back when it was mgm. Its not my favorite but it has a great feel to it. I love Star tours muppets tot great movie ride I was fascinated with one mans dream. Fantasmic is also great. I think its easy to get around unlike animal kingdom which feels like endless walking. Than again ak just doesn't feel like Disney to me.

Yes this is the first time doing these two parks as a family so I hope we love them! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter