Why Do You Like The Wilderness Lodge?

cwcooper810

Mouseketeer
After weeks of debating and going from Pop Century, to Port Orleans French Quarter, then finally to Wilderness Lodge, we have decided to go with Wilderness Lodge. It looks like a great place to stay and I read on ALLEARS that it was voted the best resort on Disney property. Why do you like staying there?

Stayed there in Feb 2010. What I liked about it was its quiet serenity. It just made this busy gal calm right down. On our first boat trip to WDW I was so surprised how close the resort was in proximity to the Contemporary. The way the lodge is nestled into the landscape in a way that I felt so very removed from it all. Next month scheduled a dinner at WCC just so we can get back there. Staying at CBR this time, at the request of a first time guest.

Caryn

We've been lucky enough to stay there twice. We love it. Beautiful lobby. You walk in and -wow! The rooms are comfy, love having a balcony. Nice pool, boat to MK, and another resort boat to Ft. Wilderness & CR. I love sitting on my balcony or by the pool and hearing the boat horn! Geyser, beach, boat rentals, movies on the beach. There's nothing we don't love about it.
Nothing like Pop.

You will want to make time to just take a break and enjoy the resort. We always take an afternoon break to go back to the resort to relax, have a swim break, and just enjoy being there.
We also enjoy watching The Electric Water Parade from the beach or docks.

It was a difficult decision this summer, we're doing a split stay with POR & BC. We would have gone back to WL, but then decided it was also fun to try a new resort, and we haven't been to any Epcot resorts.

So thinking about returning to WL for next Jan, if I get a good discount :goodvibes

If you got a standard view room, which we did (its a stretch for us to stay at a deluxe lol) is it most likely a parking lot view? I thought i read somewhere that there arent many parking lot views that its mostly woods

Im in the same spot. Really debating on this resort. Is it worth the extra money to stay here?

It's one of the smallest resorts.
It's under one roof, no going out in the rain/storm.
It's beautiful.
Wonderful pool area.
Location.
Boat to MK.
Easy access to CR & FW.
All rooms have a balcony/patio.
The decore.

It's a relaxing place to return to after the hustle and bustle of the parks. We had an inner courtyard room facing straight out to the lake the last time we stayed there. It was nice sitting on the balcony with coffee in the morning, and at night we had a great view of the water parade. It's also a bit less $$ than the other deluxes, so that makes DH happy.

The WL is a beautiful resort :). We love the atmosphere and having the boat transportation to MK and the CR and Roaring Forks is also great for quick CS meals ;). We love the WL......it's one of our favorite resorts :goodvibes.

We have stayed at all 3 (plus some other resorts) WL is our favorite.
The lobby is beautiful. It is a great place to relax and have some down time.

Stayed here our first vist and staying here again on our upcomming trip.

It's hard to describe exactally why my family and I love this resort but I can honestly say when the CM at the check in desk said "Welcome Home!" to me, I couldn't help but feel at home. Maybe it was the fireplace in the lobby, or the warm feel the wood in the building gives off? Maybe it was the pool and how even during it's busiest time during the day it was a serene haven to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the parks? Maybe it was the friendships we took to get to the parks or the paw prints we saw in the cement as we walked all over the grounds of the resort? To many thing's to mention that make this resort feel like Home to us.

the lobby.
the bus to mk..everyone brags about the boat but the boat ride is longer..the bus is only 5 minutes! :goodvibes

we were there last summer and loved it! We liked the beach and the theme of the resort. The lobby is really great and the fireplace. We stayed club level so it was even better and we got to see the castle from our room which was a dream come true. We plan to stay there again someday.

We love the place! We have stayed there five times and plan on returning again in July. In my opinion it is one of the best themed resorts at Disney. The attention to detail is amazing, and the overall environment is relaxing and beautiful. We have stayed at the Contemporary, the Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Boardwalk, and Caribbean Beach, but always find ourselves returning to the Wilderness Lodge.

It's cheap (for Disney "deluxe" standards). It's relaxing. WCC has decent breakfasts.

B+ gift shop.

Pool is okay. Fast food is okay.

Geyser is cool.

I just wanted to thank you all for the help you have given to me and my family in regard to planning our WDW trip next week.

Oddly enough most of my questions were already answered by previous post.
So searching the threads was a great tool for us.

My kids are so happy, I even suprised them with offical autograph books for the trip.

Dont tell my kids but, I think I am more excited then they are.

Thank you all again.

I have one thing to add:

If you get rained in one afternoon, there is a whole lobby to explore. Kids can roam around from floor to floor while you can still see them! There is also a hidden mickey hunt you can enjoy in the resort! Very nice.

Our family loves the Wilderness Lodge! It is such a beautiful hotel. I also love riding the ferry to the Magic Kingdom. Seriously, I would probably live at the WL if I could!!

The atmosphere. The lobby is just so beautiful, and here is the thing that IMO sets it apart. You HAVE to go through the lobby. To go to the busses, to get to the food, etc. It's not like the Poly or BC/YC where you go out an alternative door to the busses, or are in a separate building from the lobby and therefore may not see it at all during the day. No, you will walk through the lobby in the morning for breakfast. Then again to get the bus. Then again at the end of your park day. Then, in the rare instance you do not have to go through the lobby, for example to get to the pool, you will go through the amazing courtyard landscaping. It's just beautiful. I love the peaceful feeling I get there, and I am always sad to have to leave.

I think we like nearly all of the WDW resorts, so don't have much bad to say about any of them(except All Star Sports). WL is a very pretty place and is kind of a different vibe after being in throngs of humans all day. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter