Why do we Canadians have to be so darn nice? :)

absolut_mandy

DIS Veteran
Just a little vent about the call I just had with Disney. The background of the call was that I booked a bounce back offer in March 2015 for October. The plans didn't pan out so I changed the reservation to March of this year and paid an additional $45us because of the upgrade. Next my sister decided to come so I had to change the reservation again and paid an additional $45us for the deposit. These changes were all completed on the same reservation number (or so I thought)
When I made the final change, I received a call from Disney (that I missed) and also a new reservation number in a new email. Immediately I knew something was wrong so I called Disney and they found that the new reservation number was actually a mistake and they said that they were able to fix it back to my original reservation number.
Today I was checking something in my Disney experience and I couldn't find my reservation so I called them. Ugh! They cancelled my reservation!
Now this is where being nice is a disadvantage. I didn't want to get angry at this poor girl on the phone but it is so frustrating! I told her that I didn't know why the reservation was cancelled (they couldn't tell me why) and because they refunded the reservation, I was now going to have to pay more because of our horrible exchange rate. She got guest services on the line and they said that they could not stop the refund and that I would have to rebook.
Again, I tried to plead my case, again it was on deaf ears. They offered additional fast passes but I told them that it wasn't enough. 20 more minutes on the phone, they offered $25 gift card and fast passes. I asked for more money (to help balance the exchange) but they wouldn't budge.
so Disney has got me over a barrel because we need the room and I had to rebook.
Okay my fellow Canucks, do you think there is more that I can do or should I just take my lumps?
Thanks for letting me vent,:headache::)
Mandy

Hi Mandy
Yeah sometimes it hard to be nice,,I've had this happen to me before and it just leaves you feeling kind of
taken advantage of and discouraged.
Come on Disney treat Mandy right !!!
I think they made the mistake and they should cover the cost of any new charges.
Ok let's start a new Canadian Policy "No more Nice Canadian Guys"(Gals).
Can you call back and ask to speak to someone higher up in management.
Maybe I will see you --my next trip is planned for March also.
Best wishes Hon!
Hugs Mel

Thanks for the kind words Mel. Sometimes I just need to vent to people that have the same passion for Disney as I do.
I thought about it all day and I did send an email to Disney trying to convey my thoughts and disappointmenti. I don't know about you but I always think of great things to say as soon as I hang up so i thought that an email would do the trick! :)

On a vacation note, we are heading down to Florida in March to see the hopefully World Champions Blue Jays in spring training and heading to Disney March 21-24.
If you are down there then, we have to have our own dis-meet! We have been on the Disboards too long, to not have met by now!

Talk to you soon,
Mandy:goodvibes

Personally, I would not want it any other way. It's in our genes, well.. depending on our heritage. :)

on the bright side, if they refunded you recently, you should get more back than you initially paid (because of the current rate) which should balance things out if you turn around and pay it back to Disney...

Just an update. I just spoke with Guest Services and they blamed the mistake of the new reservation was b/c of the Magical Express. Disney said that when adding the Magical express, this created a new reservation number and this was the reason for the cancellation. Hopefully all of you are going "Huh?" b/c that is what I did. I asked if this happened a lot on the night b/c it would have cancelled 1000s of reservations and she said "yes, it happened on some reservations". I kinda laughed and wanted to call "bull****". Like a computer "glitch" like this would ever happen. If it did, I am sure that WDW would be fixing and acknowledging the problem immediately.
I tried to argue my case and came up with nothing. When I asked what would have happened if I showed up in March without knowing the reservation was cancelled, what they would have done, she said that "Disney would make it right and reinstate the reservation". I asked "well why can't you make it right now?" she said that she would pass the message on to the manager of customer services to deal with the initial CSR and that there was nothing else she could do. I asked to speak with someone else and she shut me down and said that there was no one else to speak with about this problem
I mentioned that I received a new confirmation email today and asked why they sent it out and she said that there is a delay in the emails being sent out. Umm, nope again. I said that I received a confirmation when I had to rebook and repay for this last week. She suggested that it was a computer problem again.
She (and all of WDW reservations) do not get it. It is not about the money, it is about the lack of accountability that Disney has in the whole situation. It's the fact that I have the utmost trust in this company and it is letting me down.
I am honestly so over this. We have a dream vacation planned in October 2016 at the Beach Club and I'm ready to throw in the towel.
Sorry that this post is such a downer :(
Mandy
ps. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

With Disney there must be some sort of keyword that will get you bumped to a higher up. Sort of like how "cancel" gets you to customer retention (and the better deals) at Rogers or Bell. Maybe something about spending a week at Hogworts?

Apart from that, it may be time to start looking outside for accommodations and the world outside of The World. At this point, I'm not certain that they can do something to, as Mike Holmes says, "make it right".

Also, apologizing for the rant is so very Canadian. :)

I would send a lengthy email to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com explaining what happened. They are a different department than the CMs in reservations, and have more authority to make things right. I have never had an experience with them, that didn't have me thinking Disney went above and beyond. I love being Canadian and being known for being nice, but I must be part something else because I don't let people take advantage of me - especially when I'm paying most of my salary to a place for my vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter