Why do Universal parks close so early?

ordinances due to the near by neighborhoods.
the community surrounding the park don't have to deal with the loud sounds at certain time periods.

different stop times for days of the week and season.

that is what i was told by a few TM's.

ordinances due to the near by neighborhoods.
the community surrounding the park don't have to deal with the loud sounds at certain time periods.

different stop times for days of the week and season.

that is what i was told by a few TM's.

I don't buy that. When I was there first week of February US closed @ 6pm and IOA closed at 7pm. I was just looking at the March and April calendar and there are plenty of nights where IOA is open til 9, 10 and even 11! That includes some weekday. I just don't think with the amount of tax revenue Universal brings to Orlando, that they are forced to close due to noise ordinances. That is obviously just my opinion.

I think the real reason is to cut costs. It was slow when I was there in February, we got there right at opening and rode everything we wanted by 6, even had time to go back and do Forbidden Journey again. Universal knows this and they can cut park hours and costs without park goers missing anything. They extend hours during busy periods to let the crowds get more rides in.

I think its heinous. $125 and you are done by 7pm. I will keep going. but I don't have to like it!!!

I don't buy that. When I was there first week of February US closed @ 6pm and IOA closed at 7pm. I was just looking at the March and April calendar and there are plenty of nights where IOA is open til 9, 10 and even 11! That includes some weekday. I just don't think with the amount of tax revenue Universal brings to Orlando, that they are forced to close due to noise ordinances. That is obviously just my opinion.

I think the real reason is to cut costs. It was slow when I was there in February, we got there right at opening and rode everything we wanted by 6, even had time to go back and do Forbidden Journey again. Universal knows this and they can cut park hours and costs without park goers missing anything. They extend hours during busy periods to let the crowds get more rides in.

I think its heinous. $125 and you are done by 7pm. I will keep going. but I don't have to like it!!!

Perhaps you should do a Google or Bing maps satellite view of UO and Disney. I think there is a big difference with surroundings. Just sayin'

I agree with your theory and with your opinion that it is kind of a slap in the face to close so early. I have always thought it was about cost, as most things are.

I think they close early because there is hardly anyone in the parks at that time. We've been there near closing and there were literally only a handful of people left in the park. When attendance demands it, they stay open longer. Why would they stay open late when nobody is there?

I know there are ordinances that they have to follow as well. Not sure exactly what the week-day limits are but they are in existence.

Was there during the MA February break by any chance?

I thought it was $125 for a one day P2P but then it is only $146 for a 3 day P2P, making it only $48 a day. If you had already done all the rides by 6pm, why would they stay later?

I think they close early because there is hardly anyone in the parks at that time. We've been there near closing and there were literally only a handful of people left in the park. When attendance demands it, they stay open longer. Why would they stay open late when nobody is there?

I know there are ordinances that they have to follow as well. Not sure exactly what the week-day limits are but they are in existence.

I think there is hardly anyone in the parks at that time because they are closing. People budget their time according to the hours of the park. Few stay all the way to closing time for any park, store, restaurant or party. Some of the best times I've had at Disney was the 45 minutes prior to closing. More times than not people are heading out to avoid the rush.

Was there during the MA February break by any chance?

I thought it was $125 for a one day P2P but then it is only $146 for a 3 day P2P, making it only $48 a day. If you had already done all the rides by 6pm, why would they stay later?

It wasn't during MA Feb break, I was there on Feb 2nd.

I have never been to UO for more than 1 day during a trip. I always stay at Disney and the cost of taking Mears or rental car is not worth it, even if the ticket price is almost nothing for days 2 and 3.

The times I have been there, I have have had to rush to get the rides done and I am exhausted by park closing time. I would have liked to sit down fora meal at Mythos, and been able to relax and walk during the day. But the chance that I might miss a ride forces me to rush and not enjoy the park as much as I would like. An extra 2 hours would make life so much easier. I don't think closing at 9pm is asking too much.

As with any parks, (including Disney's) the hours fluctuate based on the expected attendance. If you go during a busier time, the parks will be open later---but the lines will also be longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter