WHy do Photopass pics have to be so expensive!

We just got back and picked up our cd at Epcot as well, we were also told only the two places did it, not County Bounty. It's a great deal!!!

:thumbsup2 this is great! hope this will still be available in Sept. ! the picture's are my main souvie........ :yay: :yay: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The photomovie worked great after we got home because I too think the cost of 12.95 for the 5X7 is pricey- and I would rather have 4X6's anyway.

I ordered the photomovie and used my favorite pics that I took and then used the best and favorites of the photopass photos and we love our scrapbook DVD movie- and all for $50.

mmiller said:
Can we order the cd now that we are home or did we have to do that at the park???? :confused3

Bump on the same question. We have around 80 PhotoPass pictures and were planning on reviewing them today for potential purchases. I'd rather buy the CD and have them all.

Can you buy the CD from home somehow?

beattyfamily said:
IMHO, the CD is only a good deal if you have ALOT of photos taken because besides the $99 you pay them to own them all, you then have to pay to print them out as well.

By "pay to print them" do you mean like at Walmart (or use your own printer/ink)? Or do you mean that you have to go thru WDW/photopass site and order them at an additional charge?
:worried: Sorry for the dumb question, just gotta know as much as possible to convince penny-pinching DH that this is worthwhile (if we have a lot of photopass pics)!
:thanks:

eeyore29 said:
By "pay to print them" do you mean like at Walmart (or use your own printer/ink)? Or do you mean that you have to go thru WDW/photopass site and order them at an additional charge?
:worried: Sorry for the dumb question, just gotta know as much as possible to convince penny-pinching DH that this is worthwhile (if we have a lot of photopass pics)!
:thanks:

I meant you then have to still get them printed somehow, either at a photo shop, Walmart, or at home with your own printer. With the CD, you'll no longer need to go to the Photopass website.

mmiller said:
Can we order the cd now that we are home or did we have to do that at the park???? :confused3

No, you have to have them edit them and put them on the CD BEFORE you leave WDW.

My favorite DisneyWorld picture only cost like 30 cents for a 4 X 6 copy like around $2 for a 5 X 7 copy and for an 8 X 10 about $7 or $8 :)

Here is the picture
Kissing.jpg

Now don't you all think that this is just an adorable picture :)

Is there a limit on the number of pictures you get on the photopass cd? I wish I had known about this cd last year. I spent over $150 for pictures for my MIL and myself. And it was really hard only picking a few poses.

Kycha said:
Is there a limit on the number of pictures you get on the photopass cd? I wish I had known about this cd last year. I spent over $150 for pictures for my MIL and myself. And it was really hard only picking a few poses.

This only started in December of last year. I believe the limit is 300.

Ana, I have to ask, when were you at DW this yr? I swear I saw a couple when we were at MK that looked like your pic and had the ears on too!

american_mommy said:
Ana, I have to ask, when were you at DW this yr? I swear I saw a couple when we were at MK that looked like your pic and had the ears on too!

Hey American_mommy. We were there January 8-14 and we visited MK on the 8th, 11th and 14th. :teeth:

I was very excited and very sad to hear about the photo cd. We were just there in September and paid over $160 for just a few of our favorite poses! But I am excited that they are now offering the cd because we have just decided to go back next January!!!(hopefully they are still offering it) Our friends just got back from Disney and said that they are very secretive about the CD. They even had a few people tell them that it is not a good idea to buy it. I totally have to disagree. For the $99 you only get about 7 or 8 pictures off the the photopass, but with the CD you can buy it and make as many pictures of whatever you want!!!! I can't wait for that, I will definitley be taking alot more advantage of the photopass system on our next trip!!!!

Well, then it wasn't you. Our last day at MK was Jan 2. but I swear this couple looked just like you! Oh and congratulations! I would have loved to honeymoon at DW!

I have to agree about the secretive part. When I was looking at all our photos the lady almost whispered about the CD, but she told me it was only available at Epcot and then County Bounty you could get the ones you had taken there. If I had thought about it I would have gone back because the majority of our pics were at the greetings there! Oh well what can I do now. I know for next time. I just hope we can go within the next couple years! With 3 kids, it isn't easy saving the $, but they still talk about it, even my 2 yr old, who by the way, punched Eyeore in the nose!

I love the CD idea.

The photopass, where are they located? Is it mainly at the front gates of the different parks? So they download the pictures from all the different stations and organize them by name and will press them to a CD before you leave. Sounds good. :)

Mike and Natalie said:
Where in EPCOT do you go to get the Photopass CD created?

At their photo shop which is across from Spaceship Earth. If you are walking out of Epcot, it's on the left.

I just have to say that having just returned from a trip, I think Photopass is one of the nicest changes in recent years!!! Like someone else said, it's always been expensive, but being able to calmly pick out the photos you want when you are home (less impulse shopping) is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter