Why do people play their car radios SO loud?

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
I had to go to the store during lunch today. Twice, while stopped at a red light, a car pulled up behind me that had the radio or CD player so incredibly loud that MY car vibrated to the beat :laughing:

I mean, it's nice to love your music, but to play it THAT loud??? I'd think at a certain point the speakers would just say "eh, forget this" and die ;)

Each car had a young guy driving, so maybe it's a 'cool' thing to do :cool2:

I had to go to the store during lunch today. Twice, while stopped at a red light, a car pulled up behind me that had the radio or CD player so incredibly loud that MY car vibrated to the beat :laughing:

I mean, it's nice to love your music, but to play it THAT loud??? I'd think at a certain point the speakers would just say "eh, forget this" and die ;)

Each car had a young guy driving, so maybe it's a 'cool' thing to do :cool2:

Those are usually the culprites (not always, but when I see them...). It drives me crazy, too. Do they really think that everyone else out there wants to hear their music? I don't even like the music they are playing 90% of the time---it's usually ghetto music. I get to hear it at gas stations, too.

Why do people play their car radios SO loud? Because they are hard of hearing from abusing their iPods.:rotfl2:

it is a form of a mating call. It attracts the flooziest of girls..... attracted to kids that can afford to spend $5000 on stereo systems. Excuse me, I should have said media systems since they often have DVD players and game consoles....

Mikeeee

it is a form of a mating call. It attracts the flooziest of girls..... attracted to kids that can afford to spend $5000 on stereo systems. Excuse me, I should have said media systems since they often have DVD players and game consoles....

Mikeeee

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::lmao: Good one!

Those are usually the culprites (not always, but when I see them...). It drives me crazy, too. Do they really think that everyone else out there wants to hear their music? I don't even like the music they are playing 90% of the time---it's usually ghetto music. I get to hear it at gas stations, too.

That drives me crazy, too. It's actually painful to me.

We have one idiot (looks to be in his 20s, aren't they all, LOL) who I can hear and FEEL coming as soon as he turns onto our street. The pictures on my walls vibrate, my china cupboard and the contents shake ... He and his thumping bass inspire thoughts of violence in me. :furious:

I just play KLove loudly with the windows down since Jesus told us to spread the word. I probably get weird looks from the young ones.

To remind me to buy stock in Miracle Ear! :banana:

Wondering why kids play their music so loud... Isn't that how you know that you have gotten old?
bttf-battle-of-bands.jpg

Before long, we'll be chasing the neighbor kids off our lawn.
128831106191297159.jpg

I have often had the desire to flip my radio to the classical station and turn it up really loud whenever one of them is beside me. :) They could obviously use some culture (and manners and probably a good spanking).

I have every intention of investing in hearing aid technology because all of those morons are going to be deaf soon (same goes for the new iPod generation) and they'll all need hearing aids sooner than later.

Those are usually the culprites (not always, but when I see them...). It drives me crazy, too. Do they really think that everyone else out there wants to hear their music? I don't even like the music they are playing 90% of the time---it's usually ghetto music.
What do you define as ghetto music?

I have often had the desire to flip my radio to the classical station and turn it up really loud whenever one of them is beside me. :) They could obviously use some culture (and manners and probably a good spanking).

I have every intention of investing in hearing aid technology because all of those morons are going to be deaf soon (same goes for the new iPod generation) and they'll all need hearing aids sooner than later.

Excellent idea and wise advice. :thumbsup2

Seriously - I have no idea how these people can hear. The music is so freaking loud, I can't imagine that it doesn't affect their eardrums in some negative way.

Oh boy- here we go!!:badpc::charac2:

Whats the big deal. We all did silly things when we were young. I played my mating call loud too, but it didnt work till later in life

I listen my music loud in my car. Summertime, I just roll the windows down and blast the music. I like how it sounds, almost liek a club feel. That is why my next car will have Bose speakers and stereo in it. And I am 32 and female .

Whats the big deal. We all did silly things when we were young. I played my mating call loud too, but it didnt work till later in life

:upsidedow I was going to say they probably do it for the same reason they did it when I was young. Fear not, their kids will come up with some form of music to torment them with.

Well I haven't read all responses but to me whenever someone is beside me in a car with blaring music it's seems that they just want attention. It's a cry for help :lmao:
Of course then there is me that has to blare music just to hear anymore...geez getting old bites...haha:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter