Why do People Hate Pool Hoppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're asking about breaking the rules... inconveniencing some paying resort guests... stirring the pot (even though your login name is still water! LOL!) and suggesting that those of us who do not attempt to "steal" (as in theft of services) to LIGHTEN UP?! :roftl:

jovidan said:
Could you rephrase that so it makes sense please?

changing the title of the thread so it makes sense too would be helpful... i believe the OP meant "why DO people hate pool hoppers?" :confused3

stillh2o said:
I have stayed at WDW many of times and have never seen the pool so full that one or two more people would make a differance. I never use your chairs.

Hey, I think I know you! When the interstate is completely backed up, you're the guy who drives down the breakdown lane aren't you?
:rotfl2:

Jovilan, I have stayed more this year than your hole list. So dollar to Dollar they make more from me than both of you.

stillh2o said:
Folks if someone it doing something that does not impact you life or vacation why worry about life is to short.

It does impact our vacation----it makes the pool and deck area, which we paid for, more crowded.

Is it okay if we stop by and sleep in your room? It's only a couple of us so it shouldn't inconvenience you. I know I didn't pay for your room but I'd like to check it out.

Maybe this is overexagerating it but, where do you stop at not following rules. I don't walk into my neighbors yard and swim in their pool. Pool hopping at disney is the same thing. Swim at the pool you payed for. If you want to swim at another just stop at the front desk and pay for a nights stay and I'm sure they'd be glad to let you.

stillh2o said:
Jovilan, I have stayed more this year than your hole list. So dollar to Dollar they make more from me than both of you.

This thread is amusing to me, in that the OP obviously knows its wrong to do, but wants to start a debate. Fine. Thats great you love Disney. Obvioulsy everyone else here does too. And spend your money wherever you'd like. Its not a matter of going to the deluxe resorts vs value, and how much you spend 'overall', its a matter of principal. I don't care if I'm staying at a Pop...I wouldn't want people from the Deluxe resorts to come to Pop then. Or if I'm staying at a deluxe and dont go to the pool at all. Its against the rules. They're there for a reason. When I was younger, we used to pool hop...before the rules...back when Disney let you do that. The rules were created for that reason, because too many people did that, and now we haven't and will not pool hop at all. Now, I'm sure you understand that. Enjoy your hotel, enjoy your pool, whatever.

Is this for real?

Hasn't this been debated enough?

Why even bother with a post like this? :badpc:

when all star first opened - Disney had pool hopping - to get people to stay at the all star. then and only then it was legal.

disney stopped that long ago.

at SALB - it has a BIG problem with guests from Epcot coming over and using SALB. So they tried to make people use their resort ID to get a towel. Well these guys just stopped at the quiet pool and took towels with them.

So Disney had no choice but to put up the gate around SALB.

If you don't like the pools at the POlyn or OKW - why even ask about pool hopping????

I think they might now consider a gate for BWV - where these (well I paid for my WDW ticket so I get to use the resort swimming pools) are now going to.

the FW crowd was going over to WL. and when there were more of them than WL guests - it was time to stop it.

once at the CBR, when I went to the pool closest to me, these people told me that they were having a private party and I need to go to another pool. Well I say I would call the front desk and ask where I needed to go.

this entire group (around 15 people) got up and drove away - they weren't even staying on WDW property.

some of the pools on disney property also have some great views. these are for the resort guests ONLY (plus DVC member staying on points at a DVC resort).

akl and SALB never allow pool hopping.

debster812 said:
I've stayed at Ft. Wilderness 2x, and both times have been asked to read, acknowledge, and sign a paper saying I understand that I am not allowed to pool hop.
What? Never heard of that and I've stayed at FW.

stillh2o said:

It's whole not hole list!
No matter what response you put down, you're still wrong about pool hopping. You want to try and use other pools, then cough up the extra money that it costs and stay at those deluxe resorts where you want to use the pool, it's as simple as that. The amenities at each resort, including the pool, are for paying hotel guests of that particular resort.

I don't think it's that people hate pool hoppers. It's just that, if you join a country club, you don't do that so you can associate with the caddy's. You choose what you like based on your lifestyle, not someone elses lifestyle.

Hi, all. This is a joke, right? It is extremely hard to understand what the OP is trying to say - too many typos, and a general "feeling" of disregard for other posters. I apologize if the OP is not fluent in English and/or is mentally challenged. I just sensed that this was coming from a younger person (under 18 years old) who was trying to stir the pot.

Maybe this thread will be closed?

:confused3

Hey, maybe we should get those cheerleaders to pool hop and then we could combine two lively but meaningless threads.

stillh2o said:
gigi1313, I bet i spen more money a year at Disney Resorts than you do in 3 years.

and what does that have to do with anything? regardless of the amount you spend per year, if you are not paying for something (in this thread's case it's pool privileges) then you are not entitled to it! simple concept really! :)

I95 to I4 said:
I don't think it's that people hate pool hoppers. It's just that, if you join a country club, you don't do that so you can associate with the caddy's. You choose what you like based on your lifestyle, not someone elses lifestyle.

Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter