• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why do people buy Resort Refillable Mugs on e-bay?

We bought mugs last fall. Can you bring them and use them again. Or do you have to buy new ones? May sound silly but I really don't know. :confused3

We bought mugs last fall. Can you bring them and use them again. Or do you have to buy new ones? May sound silly but I really don't know. :confused3

Refillable mugs are for the length of your stay only. Technically, you would need to buy new mugs for your next trip.

Well, we use mugs in restaurants, no? :)

I'm just sayin that mug could have been covered in mold or who knows what bleached and sold to you. In a restaurant it most likely went through the dish washer. Blah blah blah. To each his own. I wouldnt buy underwear on ebay but I bet they sell them. Just one of those things I personally dont want used. ;)

I know I've been keeping an eye on eBay for an All Star Movies mug. We saved our mugs from CSR and AKL, but Movies was our first trip and I didn't think to keep them. I wanted a mug from each of the resorts we visited for a keepsake. I guess now that doesn't matter if the resorts no longer have their "own" mug. :worried:
I did buy a Dixie Landings refillable mug off eBay because Brer Fox, Rabbit, and Bear were on it and I love them. I just gave the mug a good scrubbing and it was as good as new.

I have some I am planning on putting on ebay but keep stalling because I don't want to see a Can you believe what this person has put on ebay post...I will probably get around to it in the next week or so.

Need to clean out my basement.

Liz

Awww heck...if I had known people would buy my old resort mugs I wouldn't have thrown about 15 of them out a few months back. It never occurred to me that someone would collect them.

I bought mine a few months back, because the mug I had from our Disneymoon broke, and it had sentimental value. *BUT* it sits on a shelf, it's not used :)

Well, we plan on buying them in July. I think I will sell mine when we return since they will just become clutter here. As they say" One man's trash is another's treasure."

No I dont but read my earlier post. Some things I just dont want "used". ;) To each his own my friend.

I totally understand where your coming from. I don't share the aversion, but you know...each person has their own "thing" that may or may not seem logical or rational to the rest of us. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter