why do i put myself through this............why do i look........

dalt01

DIS Veteran
accuweather is showing heavy rain all week..... 12th through 18th......for our trip:mad:.................ughhhh

DONT LOOK!!

:)

I get it, I do it too. It is what it is. :) Worrying about it won't make it change.

But I totally get where you're coming from. I hope it turns around! :)

Oh, that bites.....we all look and hope for the best. I hope it turns out good for you....if not, do inside things or wear rain ponchos. Have a wonderful time.

I'm sure it is because the rainy season has or is expected to start any day now. There will most likely be some pop up showers in the afternoon but they don't last very long. We enjoy the afternoon showers as it cools the temperature down a little and does a number on everyones hair!!

We really need the rain. Smelling smoke everytime you step outside is not fun. I would love a few days of rain to put all the wild fires out.

I am sorry when it rains on peoples vacations but it has to rain sometime or everything is going to be on fire.

with all due respect.....................when someone is plopping down 7 grand the last thing they want is something to come along and put a "cloud" over it.......this is however our 20th visit and we have yet to feel "washed out" when any of them were over..........i am sure that we will be fine rain or shine..........

We really need the rain. Smelling smoke everytime you step outside is not fun. I would love a few days of rain to put all the wild fires out.

I am sorry when it rains on peoples vacations but it has to rain sometime or everything is going to be on fire.

Same here. We are so dry right now we need rain badly. The fire crews are working hard, but most of the major fires near us doubled in size over the weekend. Both kids have soccer camp and rec. soccer games and practice, but I would love to have to deal with rain during that rather than the fires. It has cooled off a little and that is helping ... I mean really ... 85 degrees in Fairbanks, AK In May? and not just one day, but nearly 2 weeks?? DANG. We were roasting. Made some of us wish for the snow again! :scared1:

Here's hoping for rain for all of us that need it ... though may it come quick and at night! ;)

Have a grand vacation, prepare for the worst, hope for the best and just enjoy! Ever Hopeful! :goodvibes

Rain predictions in FL are a bit different than in other parts of the country.

It is a VERY rare occurrence for us to have rain all day.

It's far more likely for us to 20 - 30 minute BIBLICAL storms.

It's also not unusual for it to be raining hard on one side of the street and for the other to be bone dry.

Rain showers move across the peninsula pretty quickly.

If you hear thunder or see lightning, move inside. It will usually pass quickly, but it can be fierce while it's around.

Speaking as your friendly Unplugged boards meteorologist, I wouldn't get too upset about the 9 to 15 day specific forecast just yet (or ever, but that's another matter entirely ;)).

In any case, Kevin is right; high probability of rain doesn't indicate long duration, just that showers and thunderstorms - locally heavy - are likely each day (which is true all summer long over the Florida peninsula).

Bring an umbrella and/or plan to hide out inside each afternoon around 3pm and you should be fine. :)

right now in the south its SOOOOOO hot a hard slow rain would be a nice way to enjoy any day outside versus the humid heat that is so sweltering and dangerous!!!! Be sure you guys drink lots of fluids and take advantage of any time you can get wet!!!! It's actually helps just like you were perspiring!!! When working out in the hot sun in our temps I very often wet my shirt and hat , not a pretty look but very practical! Have a magical vacation rain or shine!!! And the crowds tend to go inside so you might just find your line gets much shorter during any rain! take a disposable poncho in a pocket if you want to remain dry!:banana:

with all due respect.....................when someone is plopping down 7 grand the last thing they want is something to come along and put a "cloud" over it.......this is however our 20th visit and we have yet to feel "washed out" when any of them were over..........i am sure that we will be fine rain or shine..........

Truly I understand that the guests are spending big money to come to Disney. It is heartbreaking though to watch the news and see the people worried about the wildfires coming up to their houses and wondering if they are going to burn.

I remember coming to WDW several times when it rained all week. We still had a great time.

There were some bad wildfires near MK. I would hate to see anything happen to the parks from the wildfires.

I can't tell you how many trips I've been on that said there would thunderstorms everyday and all we saw was one or two of the 20 minute biblical storms and then the sun was back. Or we would be at MK and hear it was pouring at AK. I just don't worry about the weather anymore until we get there. I bring umbrellas and hope for the best. I usually wind up lugging them all all day and never use them. Hopefully it'll be the same for you Dalt.
Have a great trip!!!!! Is this the Wilderness Lodge trip from you daughter?

all we saw was one or two of the 20 minute biblical storms and then the sun was back. Hopefully it'll be the same for you Dalt.
Have a great trip!!!!! Is this the Wilderness Lodge trip from you daughter?
yup.........its her 7 grand;)

Truly I understand that the guests are spending big money to come to Disney. It is heartbreaking though to watch the news and see the people worried about the wildfires coming up to their houses and wondering if they are going to burn.

I remember coming to WDW several times when it rained all week. We still had a great time.

There were some bad wildfires near MK. I would hate to see anything happen to the parks from the wildfires.
understood............it is well documented that you are a very caring person:hug::thumbsup2

Like Kevin said, it doesn't rain all day in FL very often. When I go during peak seasons, it usually rains about every day or so and not for long. I actually like it when it does because so many people leave the parks and this cuts down on the lines. Me? I grab my poncho out of my backpack and carry on. Life is good at WDW in the rain!

Like Kevin said, it doesn't rain all day in FL very often. When I go during peak seasons, it usually rains about every day or so and not for long. I actually like it when it does because so many people leave the parks and this cuts down on the lines. Me? I grab my poncho out of my backpack and carry on. Life is good at WDW in the rain!

Bold by me is so true. When were in DHS there was a deluge downpour that lasted about 1/2 an hour, we shopped in the Gallery store by Playhouse Disney while it POURED, by the time we came out it was like the park was closed, we went right to TSM and it was a walk on, got off and got right back on. As it was late in the afternoon, people didn't come back so we hopped the puddles and enjoyed a practically empty park.

When were in DHS there was a deluge downpour that lasted about 1/2 an hour, we shopped in the Gallery store by Playhouse Disney while it POURED, by the time we came out it was like the park was closed, we went right to TSM and it was a walk on
that settles it.......it can rain when i want to go on TSM.....SAURIN......RRC and ToT:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter