Why Do I Have A Hard Time With Banking and Borrowing ...

My 2 princesses

Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bu
even after being a member since 2009, I still don't get it.

When I called in to bank my points on September 30th I was told I would lose 60 points if not used by Jan 31st, 2013. No problem we can use them so we plan a trip for mid December. Should be easy that I use my 60 points and then borrow 40 for a total of 100, right? Well, I still have 14 that I need to use apparently. This even after asking on every call if I will lose anything and writing down the next date that I need to use them or lose them.

I might just come in a day earlier, not a bad thing except the kids will miss one more day of school. But the airfare will be the same and I booked SWA:)

I need to read up more on this:mad:

even after being a member since 2009, I still don't get it.

When I called in to bank my points on September 30th I was told I would lose 60 points if not used by Jan 31st, 2013. No problem we can use them so we plan a trip for mid December. Should be easy that I use my 60 points and then borrow 40 for a total of 100, right? Well, I still have 14 that I need to use apparently. This even after asking on every call if I will lose anything and writing down the next date that I need to use them or lose them.

I might just come in a day earlier, not a bad thing except the kids will miss one more day of school. But the airfare will be the same and I booked SWA:)

I need to read up more on this:mad:

Contact MS and have them help you understand what happened, that is what we pay them for. On occasion MS has not used all of our banked or borrowed points first when making a reservation. MS will tell you that they don't have a choice, the computer does it automatically, well sometimes it doesn't.

You can also look at your account activity on the member website to see what happened.

:earsboy: Bill

When I make a reservation, I always check to see that the points came out where I wanted them to. I also ensure that all banked points are used. If unsure, I have called MS and they have moved points around for me at my request. So, call them and verify it. Not worth the risk of losing points.

When I book online, I always check my points right away online, and if I have to call MS, I watch my account online so I can see that they did it the way I wanted it done.

If it helps you, you might want to make a spread sheet for your points on your own as well. It makes keeping track of points more visual. We have multiple contracts all with the same use year, so I make a spread sheet for each resort. even though two contracts are for the same resort, the total is still the same. Then I can add and subtract by use year, so I can instantly see on paper what I have banked and borrowed.

When I book online, I always check my points right away online, and if I have to call MS, I watch my account online so I can see that they did it the way I wanted it done.

If it helps you, you might want to make a spread sheet for your points on your own as well. It makes keeping track of points more visual. We have multiple contracts all with the same use year, so I make a spread sheet for each resort. even though two contracts are for the same resort, the total is still the same. Then I can add and subtract by use year, so I can instantly see on paper what I have banked and borrowed.

This is what I do. We also joined in 2009, and I swear it took me 18 months to get my head around it all. Now I've got it down pat ... but we also have a Marriott Vacation Club membership that I still for the life of me haven't completely figured out. Ah well, maybe in another year or so!!

Thanks all!

As it turned out, Bill was right. After explaining to the person who picked the call up, she said she would have to talk to her supervisor and came back with 'it's all fixed now'. My guess was it was a computer glitch. Turns up we added on 2 days as well, but it's good to check, cause if I did not, we could have easily have lost those points.

Doesn't mean I still get the whole concept (and glad to know it did take a while for others as well), but atleast I know to count:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter