Why Do I Cry... Does Any Body Else???

I cry at the drop of a hat. Over anything. But Disney? Wow, it gets bad. :rotfl: On our first mother/daughter trip as we were walking up Main Street at the end of the night I not only started to cry, I was practically sobbing. :rotfl2: DD (who was around 9 or 10 at the time) was completely freaked out. The more I tried to talk and explain it, the worse I got. So there I am watching the CM's waving with those big Mickey hands, balling like a baby with DD staring at me. A CM saw me :scared1: and mentioned that Main Street was still open for a little while. :banana: We turned around and walked back to the ice cream shop, sat down and had a nice big cone! As we made our way up Main Street for the second time that night, I looked at DD and she was crying. :laughing: Jez, I'm sitting here typing this and getting teary-eyed now. :laughing: Disney is, and always will be, my happy place. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten myself aggrevated over one thing or another during our trips, but it truly is the Happiest Place on Earth.

I'm a crier too. But I never see anyone else crying. Where are you people? Are you all wearing wrap-around sunglasses? Or sitting in the last row of the shows? That's what I try to do, but I still think people notice me.

Wow... interesting thread :) I have a reeeaaaaaaal soft spot for Soarin' When the music crescendos!!! I think the music might actually be the best part of the ride!!! I found a website that has lists of tunes in different parts of the parks (www.parktunes.com) ...and I have a playlist of the Soarin' Queue music for my iPhone!!!! Is that pathetic or what?!?! Also, One Man's Dream is another powerful attraction!!! And the Magic Kingdom as well!!!

I agree with you on Fantasmic...I've gotten better though...the first few times I was a mess!

And yes UP was THE WORST!! We saw it in the theater...it was packed, and the whole crowd was sobbing...even my brother and he never cries!

Steamboat Willie Mickey gets me every time.

And when we saw Up, I sat there in the theater thinking, "Oh no. We know the movie is about a widower. Why do they have to get us attached to her when we know she's going to die?" It was just brutal.

I am going to GF and AKL and I am just looking at pictures and start crying, I always cry at the fireworks as well

I'm another guy you can add to the list of cryers. haha. Soarin' is one that gets me as well, along with Great Moment's with Mr. Lincoln(all but one of my Disney trips has been DL and I was like 8 when I went to WDW so I don't remember much), the fireworks, fantasmic, and walking down main street on the way in and out. I can't even count how many times I've cried during a Disney movie. Never fails I ALWAYS cry during Lion King and UP got me as well. I think for me, when I'm on my way out of the parks it's the fact that I know I am going back to the real world and have to give up being a kid a little bit unlike when I'm at DL I am a bigger kid than most of the kids sometimes. hahaha. Oh the "curse" of loving all things Disney...

I'm another guy you can add to the list of cryers. haha. Soarin' is one that gets me as well, along with Great Moment's with Mr. Lincoln(all but one of my Disney trips has been DL and I was like 8 when I went to WDW so I don't remember much), the fireworks, fantasmic, and walking down main street on the way in and out. I can't even count how many times I've cried during a Disney movie. Never fails I ALWAYS cry during Lion King and UP got me as well. I think for me, when I'm on my way out of the parks it's the fact that I know I am going back to the real world and have to give up being a kid a little bit unlike when I'm at DL I am a bigger kid than most of the kids sometimes. hahaha. Oh the "curse" of loving all things Disney...

i cry also during UP it was ssoo sad!! and I cry at lilo and stitch also :)

Disney has always been able to get to me. I can’t even put into words how much I love Disney and what it means to me. The movies are the ones that really get me emotional. The first movie that my parents took me to see was The Little Mermaid, and from The Little Mermaid all the way to Tangled, no matter how many times I watch any of those movies made in that 21 year span, I get teary eyed at almost all of them.

It happens to me too, darned pixie dust. Watching the videos after we officially booked our trip, seeing the reservation printed out on paper in black and white, seeing the ME sign at the MCO airport, seeing the Disneyworld sign, seeing Cinderellas's castle as I walk down Main Street, the songs, the parades, and seeing Wishes, all choke me up. And all the above things mentioned by others, dadblasted pixie dust in my eyes... lol. Soo glad to know others have the same reaction to Disney magic.

Considering I cried when I met Mary Poppins for the first time at DW and she's not a real person (at least that what I've heard) I'm going to say you're not alone :)

I'm wondering if I'm alone here... I am a 35 year old woman who still gets emotional over all things Disney! Does anybody else? I cry and get all choked up and yet I can't put my finger on why. Before we go to DW my DH and I watch YouTube Videos of other people's vacations or cute videos of parents surprising their kids with a trip. Then my husband looks over at me and I'm crying with no reasonable explanation as to why. I mean, they aren't tears of sadness, but I just get all choked up! I cry at Fantasmic, I cry at Festival of the Lion King...I cried the first time we walked in to the GF to check in. I really cry when its time to leave. Granted, I'm not sobbing or anything... but there is definately sniffling at the very least. Am I crazy... do I need therapy ( my parents think its wierd... my DH thinks its funny)??? Does any other, normally reasonable adult, experience this phenomena?

You're not alone. I've cried at WDW, during the shows on a Disney cruise, even at a Toby Keith concert. :sad2:

Oh wait.... I also got teary-eyed during the JFK speech in the IMAX movie at Kennedy Space Center.

I can finally listen to The Good Stuff from Kenny Chesney without crying.:guilty:

I'm pretty sure dh cried when we 1st saw the Grand Canyon. I guess we're both sappy. :love2:

I'm wondering if I'm alone here... I am a 35 year old woman who still gets emotional over all things Disney! Does anybody else? I cry and get all choked up and yet I can't put my finger on why. Before we go to DW my DH and I watch YouTube Videos of other people's vacations or cute videos of parents surprising their kids with a trip. Then my husband looks over at me and I'm crying with no reasonable explanation as to why. I mean, they aren't tears of sadness, but I just get all choked up! I cry at Fantasmic, I cry at Festival of the Lion King...I cried the first time we walked in to the GF to check in. I really cry when its time to leave. Granted, I'm not sobbing or anything... but there is definately sniffling at the very least. Am I crazy... do I need therapy ( my parents think its wierd... my DH thinks its funny)??? Does any other, normally reasonable adult, experience this phenomena?

I'm pretty sure there are subliminal messages in the music.:)

:) I love being sappy. I lost it the first time I saw Osborne Lights...it freaked DH out a little because I was speechless (totally rare event). All he could do was hug me.

One of my favorite memories of a previous trip was being ont he Monorail with DH, MIL, 2 strangers and a family of four. The Dad of the family was wearing a first timer pin. So of course I had to ask, "are you having a good time?". He beamed and said, "I had no idea it would be anything like this, the shows, the fireworks...I saw Illuminations last night and got choked up". So of course us veterans on the monorail expoded with other stuff he HAD to do--especially Wishes. He and his family exited at the Poly for a meal.

Like me I think he will be back--it was all done, but the crying....:love:

I think its offical, if you have a Disney Heart, then you're gunna be a crier.
Everything sets me off, my DH called WDW to make a request and the CM wanted to speak to me, as its my first time and at the very end of the conversation (and i know they probs say it to everyone) Chardonnay informed me of how excited Minnie and Mickey were to finally meet me, OMG, i was away. Tears streaming down my face, sobs of excitement!!

Me and the DH watch a Disney movie every week as a mini countdown and no matter what the movie is, im a crying wreck!!
Watched Beauty and the Beast on monday night (cried), came home yesterday to find that my roses in the garden had eventually flowered, and the most perfect single BATB looking rose had blossomed; so there was me crying at the french doors and the DH thinks im in pain or something terrible has happened, nope, i was just happy and thinking of visiting WDW and meeting Belle when we go to Akerhaus!!

I think anyone who doesnt get emotional when visiting WDW or watching the movies or anything related... well i think they're alittle weird!!

I'm going to have to join the bawl baby crowd and say yes. lol My husband looks at me like I'm a total weirdo but attempts to comfort me anyway.

That is so cute, nBlake05 - it just shows you have a tender heart.

Well, I don't recall crying (have only been to D-land so far, though) but before my sis and I went to D-land in 2006 I was so excited I could barely sleep for a couple days before and also during the trip. SOOOO LAAAAME!!!! It'd been 12 years since we'd been and I was so keyed up I had insomnia. Even sleeping pills didn't work and I had fun but was really tired. When I went back in '08 I was apprehensive that'd happen again but it didn't. I slept fine. Same thing when we went to Europe...slept fine. Must have gotten a life since those 12 years passed. :laughing:

I cry everytime we pull into the check-in parking lot of whatever resort we are staying in. I guess it finally hits me that we are back home and more memories are being made. We went 7 times from April 2010 to March 2011 and my family tingled with excitement on every trip. My kids (and us too), have yet to take Disney for granted and I am so grateful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter