Why do I always second guess my resort choice??

RainK

Mouseketeer
I do this every time. We get so excited about one hotel that we want to stay at..... this year AOA but now all I do is wonder did I make the right choice.

I now get a great deal for Yacht Club thru *** and ponder if I should book it but my husband says it looks too stuffy. I think it looks amazing.

I will probably want to change my mind 10 more times before we actually leave in August. Does anybody else do this or is this my Disney OCD kicking in???

Do yacht club if you got a great deal. You won't regret it. I would go back if $$ allowed but instead we will likely go value and pine for yacht/beach club.

I second that . I would book it as well if u got a good deal. I've only visited. Stayed at BWV and friends stayed there. From the 2 says we visited it was amazing.

Just got back from the YC. It is awesome! Not stuffy at all!

My kids (DS10 & DD13) loved it. Especially the pool!

Its not stuffy! The pool is really nice (they enforce resort guest only! with a gated entrance) and walking to Epcot is awesome! The only thing I found that I missed was good "quick food" options. The counter service restaurant is in the Beach Club (on the far end of the resort). And I found the options lacking. There is always a caveat!

Book YC if you got a good deal. It is NOT stuffy at all. It's pretty and calm at the end of a day in the parks. The rooms are light and bright. Stormalong Bay is a great pool. Walking to Epcot is wonderful....walking out when IllumiNations is over instead of dealing with buses or the parking lot can't be beat.

AoA looks like fun and it will be there when you don't have a great deal at YC.

OP here.....looks like we are staying put at AOA.
I showed my kids YC on my laptop while my husband pulls over his laptop and "reminds" them about AOA ( he thinks YC looks stuffy) and my kids, of course, vote for AOA. :sad2: (DD9, DS7)
Not sure why I am disappointed, we are saving $ by not switching.....and I should be happy they prefer a value resort....I guess my dream of staying at a deluxe is just stuck in my head...as they are normally never affordable for us.
I will still second guess myself however, until we arrive.

I do this every. single. time we go to Disney. There are just too many resorts and they all have their pros and cons! It's *impossible* for me to pick just one. :sad2:

As it so happens, we'll be staying at YC in June. However, I've played around with switching to GF, AKL, BWI, and even went so far as to call Disney to see about switching to CR. I am sure we will enjoy our stay at YC -- we've never hated a Disney resort yet -- just as I'm sure I'll be second-guessing it right up until we arrive.

Don't 2nd guess yourself, it will drive you nuts. Feel good :rotfl: about AoA and that you saved some money as well, & your family is happy with your choice.
Just one word of warning, what ever you do, don't go :sad2: and check out the YC on your visit, one look at the pool or a visit to Beaches & Cream for an ice cream & you will 2nd guess yourself. :(

Don't 2nd guess yourself, it will drive you nuts. Feel good :rotfl: about AoA and that you saved some money as well, & your family is happy with your choice.
Just one word of warning, what ever you do, don't go :sad2: and check out the YC on your visit, one look at the pool or a visit to Beaches & Cream for an ice cream & you will 2nd guess yourself. :(

Would you compare YC at all to Grand Floridian? For some reason, it reminds me of GF.

I do this every time. For example, for our trip in July I have held 5 different reservations.

1. We were initially going to stay off site at the JW Marriott, because I got an amazing deal.
2. Then we switched to some other off site hotel that I do not even remember now.
3. Then we decided that we would rather be closer, so I made a reservation at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare.
4. Then we found a great deal at Wydham Grand at Bonnet Creek, and my DH decided he preferred to be in a hotel with housekeeping and no cooking for me, so we switched again.
5. Then the summer deals for WDW resorts came out. We checked the pricing and decided, since we had never stayed at a deluxe before and this is a special trip for our DS's 6th birthday, that we would stay at AKL.
6. Then the AP deals for summer came out, and since we had already decided to get APs this year and we saved $$$, we changed our ressie at AKL to AP discount instead of regular summer deal.

Okay, so TECHNICALLY that is 6, but I am counting the last two as one reservation because all we changed is the offer to save $$$.

My point is... You are not alone. I, too, am a chronic resort changer. But I do believe that we are sticking with AKL, as we are so excited about it!

I never really have before, but this trip I am obsessing. I think because:

1) my sister in law picked the resort (CR)
2) I have never stayed deluxe before and not sure I want to spend the money and not stay at a deluxe that I really want (BC or Poly would be my picks)
3) I would like to stay more days too, and POR would be easier to do that at (currently 6 nights prefer 8 or 9)

I do it all the time too... In a weird way, it's a bit fun...but I drive DH nuts in the meantime.

For our next trip we are doing a split stay. Initially, it wasn't but choice as I thought myself more of a stay-put person. I have decided to embrace the split though, and as a result, have already switched resorts 2x for the first part of our stay. October's a ways off, so odds are I'll switch a couple dozen more times before then! :)

If you look at my signature you'll see we've stayed at YC and GF a few times. Neither are stuffy. Refined yes, but by no means stuffy. Quiet, understated and convenient to the parks. Very kid friendly, both have onsite character buffets (Cape May breakfast at the BC and 1900 Park Faires breakfast and dinner character meals) Kids are made to feel very welcome. Queen sized beds, balconies, inside corridors, walking/boats to at least one park, cool pools with Slides, I can go on. I'm sorry your husband feels this way, he's missing out on a great resort.

...The only thing I found that I missed was good "quick food" options. The counter service restaurant is in the Beach Club (on the far end of the resort). And I found the options lacking. There is always a caveat!
No, not really. Its like going to a value or moderate and saying they lack options in table service restaurants. By design the Deluxes are focused on Table Service and Signature restaurants. Deluxes were opened providing table service restaurants, lounge (bar) with a snack bar that were recently renamed counter service restaurants to align to DDPs. Their really snack bars and will never be a food court as found in Moderates or Value resorts.

You're not alone OP...I've changed my mind 3 times already and am really contemplating on doing it again :eek:. I will say that I think your DH is missing out. The YC is a beautiful resort and the location can't be beat!

If it were me I would be driving my DH crazy about booking the YC. It is not stuffy, being able to walk or boat to Epcot and DHS is Fantastic and SAB is great if you have kids it is like a mini water park. I would snatch up the good deal at the YC, like someone said AOA will be there next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter