• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Disney???

I always just ask the person what it is they like doing and then ask them why they keep doing it.

for example: Fishing? You went fishing last year! Why are you going fishing again?

Because it offers experiences that range from an amusement park to international travel with the added bonus of knowledgable and experienced "travel agents" every step of the way:thumbsup2 but more importantly because DS at 23 and DD at 21 STILL WANT TO GO ON A FAMILY VACATION with DH and I....no way are we going to turn that down:hug:

I like to see the twinkles in my DDs eyes when they are there. once home, all they want to do is talk about Disney and see hidden Mickeys every where in store and the house LOL

Because it offers experiences that range from an amusement park to international travel with the added bonus of knowledgable and experienced "travel agents" every step of the way:thumbsup2 but more importantly because DS at 23 and DD at 21 STILL WANT TO GO ON A FAMILY VACATION with DH and I....no way are we going to turn that down:hug:

Same here, DS is now 20 & last year he wasn't able to come due to mid-terms so we had to book our next trip in summer so he could go.

I'm still amazed that everyone who's NOT going, is still asking WHY?! If it's not for them, then fine. Leave me alone with my love!

Love it! My sister recently asked me what we would do when the kids no longer want to go to WDW. I was dumbfounded for a minute, cause honestly can't picture them NOT wanting to go! But then replied that if such a sacrilege happened, we would go without them!

Love it! My sister recently asked me what we would do when the kids no longer want to go to WDW. I was dumbfounded for a minute, cause honestly can't picture them NOT wanting to go! But then replied that if such a sacrilege happened, we would go without them!

Years ago,,I said the exact same thing,,I had taken my boys to WDW 10 beautiful summers in a row...Suddenly ,,into their teens...they said the words I thought I would never hear...."No ,,,mom...you can go without us...we've seen it all":sad2: Well,,,they really meant it,,,and I do go with friends now...It is just as magical,,,,but will never be the same ...One thing though,,,there is NO corner in WDW that I turn... that I don't have a memory of being there with my boys,,the best times of my life...:love:

Its funny I see this right after I hung up the phone with my mother who I slipped and told her that we are going in October (We want this trip to be just DH, DD and myself). She starts going off why are you going again. Enough is enough. etc. etc.

I told her this is what we enjoy as our family annual trip. It has everything that we are about.

I wish people would mind their own business and let others do what the love.

OMG I have heard that before!!
I don't care what anyone says. Most people who do not understand why I would take myself and my family to Disney again and again, have not truly experienced all there is at the resorts and parks. I gaurantee if I am your tour guide....those naysayers would become fans just like me. Disney is the one magical place where wll peoples of all nations, colors and religions can go and forget the outside world and be happy even if it is just for a day. I truly believe that was Walts intention from the start. So eveyone enjoy and for those hwo dont understand.....................good shorter lines for the rest of us :rotfl2:

Can't really explain the magic!! I've been going to WDW since 1971 when my parents first brought me there. My kids have gone every year since they were old enough to walk. Now that they are grown, my husband and I still go every year. Just writing this now and thinking about seeing the sign"Welcome to Walt Disney World" brings a very happy tear to my eye! It's just a wonderful opportunity to escape to a world where it's ok to "Skip Down Main Street" hand in hand even when you're 50 something!!!!!

It offers so many different things in one convinent location! With all of the different themes it makes it like you are actually going on multiple locations. I love being able to eat african fare at Boma one night then Hawaiian at Ohana's the next!

But, the bigger thing is when you are inside Disney it's like you have left earth! The rest of the world seems so far away once you enter through the arches!

Can't really explain the magic!! I've been going to WDW since 1971 when my parents first brought me there. My kids have gone every year since they were old enough to walk. Now that they are grown, my husband and I still go every year. Just writing this now and thinking about seeing the sign"Welcome to Walt Disney World" brings a very happy tear to my eye! It's just a wonderful opportunity to escape to a world where it's ok to "Skip Down Main Street" hand in hand even when you're 50 something!!!!!

Nancy, My story is so similar...And I guess so many people think this when reading your post....I am lucky enough to be going back in 2 weeks to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the "magic"....My 40th year visiting the mouse also!! I will cry,,as I always do,,,when I see the first signs of actually being there........:welcome:The excitement the last couple of weeks, of being on the Dis,,,packing and planning the meals....all leads up to a dream come true. To everyone who holds it deep in your heart,,,I wish you all a happy 40th anniversary! You leave in a few short days,,,Have a magical time:tinker:

Nancy, My story is so similar...And I guess so many people think this when reading your post....I am lucky enough to be going back in 2 weeks to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the "magic"....My 40th year visiting the mouse also!! I will cry,,as I always do,,,when I see the first signs of actually being there........:welcome:The excitement the last couple of weeks, of being on the Dis,,,packing and planning the meals....all leads up to a dream come true. To everyone who holds it deep in your heart,,,I wish you all a happy 40th anniversary! You leave in a few short days,,,Have a magical time:tinker:

:)I am right there with ya Goofy!! With countless drawbacks, sadness, and hardship in the years past,,,WDW is that safe haven,,,a place to put reality away for a few days,,,a few hours,,,however much time you can afford.....
It's a place where you can sit back, close your eyes, and listen to all the sounds of "magic" Yes...Magic has a certain sound,,,and it is WDW.....
I read on someone's earlier post yesterday...."you go,,,because you know"
That is so true,,,You know what to expect, You know you will get amazing service, and you know you will be sharing that time with thousands of people who have chosen the same dream come true as you.... Happy Anniversary WDW and all its "children":love:

Stress-free vacation. No trying to follow maps, speak foreign languages, drive on the other side of the road, etc.

I have a high stress job and need to relax on vacation. WDW lets me do that.

For us, we fell head over heals in love with Disney last July.

Becoming parents was a tough transition for DH and I... much harder than we ever imagined it would be. Disney is one of the few places we've been since DS arrived where we feel totally at ease having our Monkey fully particpate in life with us. The fact that we could take him into a real restaurant and enjoy a meal without the constant worry of whether or not he's behaving like an angel, was incredible. It was one of the few times we felt totally at ease in our Mommy and Daddy Shoes. We knew immediately that we'd be back as often as we could... and we can't wait for May!!!

The pre-show at MK that never fails to bring me to tears. Each year that we go, I get a picture of our dd's standing on the wall in front of the train station before you walk through the little tunnels onto Main Street.

I know that everyone thinks Disney is for kids, but I believe WDW would not be the ultimate destination that it is if it were not also perfect for mothers (and fathers). When DH, DS and I go to WDW not only am I on vacation from work, I don't have to cook anything, clean anything, drive anyone anywhere, make any phone calls, help with homework, pay any bills or worry that my child is bored. Everything I would normally worry about is taken care of. I can relax at the parks, in the pool, at the restaurants and enjoy myself while enjoying DS and DH having a great time as well. I never have to worry about DS aging out of WDW because we just change which attractions we focus on as he matures. We've been vacationing at WDW since DS was 6. He's almost 17 now and it is still his favorite vacation. When he's happy, I'm happy. WDW is mom paradise.

I like the all-inclusive feel.
I love the way the outside world is blocked out.
I forget all of my troubles when I am there.
I love how clean and beautiful everything is.

I wish I were rich so I could stay there! :-)

But here goes:
1.) Free dining!- save$$$$$$$(about $1500 per trip).
2.) Great Pop resort - great theme, food court and excellent buses and refurbed rooms.
3.) Epcot - super countries and shops there. Soarin!
4.)MK - alot of great rides
5.) AK - interesting learning about the animals, etc.
6.) MGM - moveis, shows, etc. - Indiana Jones!!
7.) This is a city - not a county fair as some people think.
8.) Stress free trip and travel - Check in on line, use ME, no need for a car (saves $500 per trip).buses are door to door.
We love it and will be going back to Pop for our 6th straight year!!:thumbsup2:cool1:

I know that everyone thinks Disney is for kids, but I believe WDW would not be the ultimate destination that it is if it were not also perfect for mothers (and fathers). When DH, DS and I go to WDW not only am I on vacation from work, I don't have to cook anything, clean anything, drive anyone anywhere, make any phone calls, help with homework, pay any bills or worry that my child is bored. Everything I would normally worry about is taken care of. I can relax at the parks, in the pool, at the restaurants and enjoy myself while enjoying DS and DH having a great time as well. I never have to worry about DS aging out of WDW because we just change which attractions we focus on as he matures. We've been vacationing at WDW since DS was 6. He's almost 17 now and it is still his favorite vacation. When he's happy, I'm happy. WDW is mom paradise.

So true! And you hit the nail on the head as to why Walt Disney built Disneyland and then later had the plans for WDW in the first place. He was a daddy who wanted to build something he and other parents could enjoy with their kids. He got tired of just sitting on a bench watching his daughters on the merry go round, he wanted to create something that the whole family could do together!

Like you, our method of doing Disney has evolved. Ds was 8 on our first trip, now he's 16. He loves it and I love it that he's not ashamed to say it to his friends and the guys he does young Marines with. If a future Marine can admit to his buddies he's about to go to WDW and can't wait, I guess that says something about what WDW can offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter