Why did you wear THAT???

True, and I will "move on" since I truely don't care what you think.

Although, I will leave you with this...........

YOU should practice what you preach!!!!!!!!!

And, you have a lovely day as well.

The only thing that picture makes me think of is how fried I would be if I dressed like that! :sunny: I would be bright red in less than 2 hours. Ouch!

If i was that skinny i might wear that...!

Maybe she just had a bikini on under her shirt, took it off when she got soaked on a ride, and is waiting for it to dry. No harm done!

There are lots more offensive things than girls in bikini tops to worry about. I'd rather be behind a scantily clad person like that in a queue, than a fully dressed family of foul mouthed kids any day!

I'm not going to talk about self-respect or who has a good body.
What I think our culture has forgotten is that there used to be a standard of dress that was decent.
It is NOT about "each to his own," it is about crossing a line between being too revealed and being covered.
I am not saying we shoud all be full habit nuns or amish.
I am just saying that I am teaching my kids that there is a appropriate respectful way to dress, and there is a way that shares too much of your body.
Our bodies are private, let's keep them that way.

Just because someone "looks hot" or "has a good body" or "is wet from a water ride" does not mean that wearing a bathing suit in an amusement park is the best standard to adhere to.

And in our culture now we have 8 and 9 yos emulating teen stars with their skimpy attire. And we wonder why they are acting in inappropriate ways so early.
"Well, that's just the way kids are these days!"
Well, that doesn't cut it with me. When they see adults and jr. adults behaving and dressing a certain way, they want a part of it.

I am challenged to try to put out into this world people who take time to think about what is appropriate for a given situation. Dress, behavior, etc.

Is this pictured outfit appropriate for the beach? I am not a fan of bikinis, but I have to say it is considered acceptable.

Is it appropriate for a job interview?
Absolutely not, we would all acknowledge that.

Is it appropriate for eating in a fine restaurant?
I would say no. There is an expected level of formality.

So then there is the gray area.

Is this appropriate for the mall?
Hmm...it didn't used to be.

Is it appropriate for WDW? Again, it didn't used to be. You used to be able to go to family appropriate places and find family appropriate attire.

What has changed? We have become too relaxed about what is appropriate for any given situation.
I am not the fashion police. I am not the morality police. I cannot tell you how to dress or what to do.

So... what is inappropriate?
Well like many things of this nature, its hard to define, but I know it when I see it.

janice1234 said:
life is too short to worry about other peoples attire.

Think I could get by wearing a few Hidden Mickey's as pasties instead of a T-shirt?

Oooooh, even I think that is a BAAAAAAD idea.

If you want to see a larger picture of it, right click and select "set as background or wallpaper" then it will be a larger picture and you can see better. For the poster who said larger/overweight people offend them and they'd rather their kids see someone who takes care of themselves over someone overweight...how do you know that you don't need to wear a paperbag over your face as to not offend others? Just something to think about while you're out there judging all these "offenders".

HeatherPage said:
If you want to see a larger picture of it, right click and select "set as background or wallpaper" then it will be a larger picture and you can see better. For the poster who said larger/overweight people offend them and they'd rather their kids see someone who takes care of themselves over someone overweight...how do you know that you don't need to wear a paperbag over your face as to not offend others? Just something to think about while you're out there judging all these "offenders".
:rotfl:

One of these threads again?

Lets face it. Everyone's opinions are different.

In a private establishment, the only opinion that matters is the owner's. In this case it's WDW. If a CM from WDW says what you are wearing is not acceptable, then you need to change. If no one says anything, then I would assume what I am wearing is ok. It's the same argument that is taking place on these board concerning the dress codes for the WDW restaurants. Only Disney can say what is appropriate or not.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If you are wearing something that I don't approve of, it's none of my business. If you have twenty body piercings, while I think that is nasty, it's none of my business. If you have tattoo's all over your body, I don't think it's attractive, but it's none of my business. I part my hair in the middle. If I believe the Dilbert cartoon lately, this offends some people :rotfl2: , but the only person that matters in that respect is my wife.

I've been to WDW (and other places) where I've been seated next to someone who obviously has not bathed or used deoderant in quite a while. I think that was a whole lot more offending that a woman wearing a bikini top, no matter what she looked like.

I think after what is going on in this world (Hurricane Katrina, Iraq, Afganistan) that people would have a lot more to worry about than what their fellow human beings are wearing (after all, Adam and Eve didn't have clothes on for a period of time).

And I'll thank you very much for keeping your opinions to yourself.

And amen Heather :cheer2:

While I don't really have too much of an opinion on this because if I find something that I see as not appropriate for my children, I try to get their attention on something else before they see whatever I have seen. However about 6 years ago, there was a lady walking in front of us at Epcot wearing just an apron with very short shorts. Yes, everything was covered, but my fear was, someone would untie the apron ties... As far as we could tell, there was nothing under the apron. That's something that DH and I still talk about. We had never seen anything like that before. Maybe it was the style, and we just were way out of it... :confused3

Overweight people certainly do not offend me (my mom is pretty big and I'm keeping her) but, folks who are heavy should be concentrating on great hair or beautiful eyes...wearing clothing that makes that curvy body work. Low rise jeans two size too small and a halter top is just not a good idea and it makes a person laughable. Anyone who says this stuff is not important is just not being honest with themselves, appearnace is important. This is not an opinion, it is a fact. Is it fair? Certainly not, it is still a fact. There are studies that have documented time and time again. And sorry, when I am at WDW, Afganistan is just not on my mind but, I get your drift. Bad dressers are not the biggest problem in this world and b.o. is DEFFINITELY worse.

I agree that people who are too large should not be wearing low rise jeans or "short" shorts with quite a bit of their midriff showing make me giggle, but do I care? Not in the least. It's none of my business.

I have quite a few relatives who are on the "large" size, including a niece who dresses like the description above. Does that make her any less of a person? If she's comfortable dressing that way, who am I to say anything? She is one of the sweetest, caring, most unassuming people I know, and if anyone automatically dismisses her based on the way she dresses, no matter where she's at, it's their loss.

Tinkerbells2000 said:
...there was a lady walking in front of us at Epcot wearing just an apron with very short shorts. Yes, everything was covered, but my fear was, someone would untie the apron ties... As far as we could tell, there was nothing under the apron. That's something that DH and I still talk about. We had never seen anything like that before. Maybe it was the style, and we just were way out of it... :confused3

Yes, those shirts were very much in style a few years ago with the 16-25 age group. I personally wouldn't wear one, and I have a very respectable body. Those ties in the back are just too tempting for some sick people to pull. You never know who's standing in line behind you! I feel that way about a bikini top too.

I've seen all body types wear those tops, and I personally don't think they were all that nice looking on ANYBODY. They were just weird looking, like you were missing half a shirt or something! I think that style has almost died except for maybe in some of the "dance club/going out" clothing lines. All I can say is good riddance to the ugly shirts!

crisi said:
Not sure where this "great body" comments are coming from. She's too skinny. So is Paris Hilton. I think women are much more attractive when they have women's bodies, not the bodies of twelve year old boys.

Some of us can't help being flat chested and having boyish figures.
What, exactly, is a 'womanly' body? :confused3

VSL said:
How is it 'wrong'?
If you mean that is against Disney policy to wear such (little) clothing in the parks, and that is where she is wrong then I understand, but otherwise how is it wrong? :confused3

No flames - I'm genuinely interested.

Other than it being against Disney policy, I don't see anything wrong with it. If she was a young or pre-teen then it would make me a little uneasy, but as she seems to be of a young adult age I personally don't have a problem with it.

I wouldn't be impressed with the US/IOA woman that wendypooh described though. I wouldn't be offended, just unimpressed.

It is against Disneys rules to wear just a bikini top! Shirts, shorts, shoes at all times! It is not a water park. I'm not making it up to be on the offensive. It is a policy! Again, DW is not a water park! It is written that shirts must always be worn. Not that they always are, but how often do you see a man without a shirt on?

Switching the "Why did you wear that?" question, to "Why did you wear those shoes?"!I see so many people wear shoes I can't understand to the parks!!!!

cjb71870 said:
Switching the "Why did you wear that?" question, to "Why did you wear those shoes?"!I see so many people wear shoes I can't understand to the parks!!!!

We drove down to DC to show DH's parents the sites. They had never been to the east coast before. Everyone knows how much walking one does in DC. I can't tell you how many people I saw out there on the mall in 6 inch heels, and on the gravel walkways no less!

I am young and attractive, and I too like to look cute, but that is just crazy. We are painfully close (sigh...results in too many sightseeing tours led by ME!) to the Statue of Liberty and I see it there all the time too. It's fun watching these women try to stay standing on the sometimes rough circle line ferries. :cool1:

cjb71870 said:
It is against Disneys rules to wear just a bikini top! Shirts, shorts, shoes at all times! It is not a water park. I'm not making it up to be on the offensive. It is a policy! Again, DW is not a water park! It is written that shirts must always be worn. Not that they always are, but how often do you see a man without a shirt on?

No need to get aggressive.

I stated that if you meant it to be wrong as in against Disney policy, then I understood, but the simple 'it is wrong' statement made me think that you were saying that it was wrong for the girl to show that much skin.

Sorry I bothered :guilty:

Sorry here too. It was all the exclamation marks!
:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter