• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why did you wear THAT???

Candicno

Earning My Ears
I was just browsing through allearsnet, and I stumbled across this picture:

:magnify:

gcastle9.jpg

Let it be know that IF you decide to wear an itsy-bitsy mini skirt and a string bikini top, someone WILL take a picture of you, and it has a REALLY good chance of being on the internet. Too bad we didn't get a close up shot! :earseek:

JRawkSteady said:
I don't get what's so wrong about that...it's not THAT revealing.

Yeah, but it couldn't be that comfortable to wear at WDW! :earboy2:

I have a completely different wardrobe for WDW - it all revolves around COMFORT :)

Just goes to show you how times have changed since I was a kid. Yet, at the same time, it is becoming standard fare at theme parks all over. I can tell you about one time where a girl and her boyfriend (I guess) were standing beside me. They were looking at a park map and I, in a seperate group, was just trying to figure out what I was going to do next. Well, the girl was wearing pretty much the same kind of attire. Out of nowhere, her boyfriend reached up and grabbed the front of the top and basically exposed one side of her chest with absolutely no concern about who or how many people was around. Made for an interesting day.

I think her outfit looks pretty cozy...I don't know about the denim skirt or how that would feel on a hot day...but yea, looks fine to me :sunny:

Yeah, aren't these girls worried about a wardrobe malfunction during a ride? I guess it's good to be confident in the way you look, but I wouldn't want to pop out in a crowded public place. And I would have DECKED that boyfriend if he did that to me in public! What was the girl's reaction?!

Candicno said:
I was just browsing through allearsnet, and I stumbled across this picture:

:magnify:

gcastle9.jpg

Let it be know that IF you decide to wear an itsy-bitsy mini skirt and a string bikini top, someone WILL take a picture of you, and it has a REALLY good chance of being on the internet. Too bad we didn't get a close up shot! :earseek:

I don't see anything embarassing about what she's wearing. It seems from what you said you're implying that she would be embarrassed if she found a picture of her in that outfit on the internet, and I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not as if she's wearing a thong,pasties, and stilettos. I wouldn't wear that to Disneyworld, but I also don't think it's weird or shameful that she is.

at least she's got the body to go with the outfit.

It's better than seeing love handles coming out of low rider pants that I'm seeing on a lot of girls.

Okay, call me a prude. but I simply don't think that it is appropriate to dress this way at a family place like WDW...It doesn't leave much to the imagination, as they say, and although everyone has a right to dress as they see fit, if I had a younger child, I would rather have the child looking at WDW characters, not this character!!

BTW, when my DD was little, she had never seen a bikini top before (the women in our family always wore one-piece swimwear). The first time she ever did see a gal in a bikini top, she thought she was in her underwear and had forgotten to put a shirt on!

I must admit, I surely do wish I had the body to dress that way, though (but only in front of my DH!!)

I don't see anything wrong with what she is wearing. Then again I grew up in Florida so I am used to seeing that sort of attire. If no naughty parts are hanging out then more power to her :teeth:

I personally wouldn't wear that. Then again if I had a body that was that nice and it was hot enough outside...who knows? :confused3

I think you all have missed the point

IT'S A GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm a bad boy" Lou Costello

Big deal, welcome to 2005. Don't worry the kids don't look at them, they're don't see anything atractive, the man they do, but so what, she's pretty and has a nice body. I saw lots of girls last month on bikini tops and shorts, because it was so hot and i guess they flet comfy.

To me is more disrespectful the people that smokes all over the parks, in front of kids, or fight and talk dirty all over. Besides i don't think she cares if her pictures is on the web, she's not doing anything wrong and I can even see her face.

JrsyDebs said:
Okay, call me a prude. but I simply don't think that it is appropriate to dress this way at a family place like WDW...It doesn't leave much to the imagination, as they say, and although everyone has a right to dress as they see fit, if I had a younger child, I would rather have the child looking at WDW characters, not this character!!

BTW, when my DD was little, she had never seen a bikini top before (the women in our family always wore one-piece swimwear). The first time she ever did see a gal in a bikini top, she thought she was in her underwear and had forgotten to put a shirt on!

I must admit, I surely do wish I had the body to dress that way, though (but only in front of my DH!!)

I agree, but honestly, this isn't the worst I saw the other week. Yikes! Anyone who is going soon, take a good look, because you will see this, and worse, multiplied by 100. :earseek:

It would not be my first choice for clothing for WDW, but it looks good on her.

I remember when I was a teenager, I used to wear bikini tops with our jeans....we all did.

I have seen MUCH worse, like the women that wear those kind of clothes that should not. In their mind they look like that girl, but we see reality...the ones that do not dress size appropriate. You know when the bikini tops look like an eye patch pirate:

I too, think that if I had that body I would wear that, but it wouldn't be to Disney World, possibly PI, but you can show off a great body with a cute tank and pair of shorts.

She's got all her bits covered.. what's the big deal?

I mean, Disney is for everyone, and that includes the teens/young adults. Kids are going to see a bit more than that in the waterparks anyway.

At least she's old enough to know what she's doing - in Cardiff the other day I saw a girl of about 9yrs wearing a short top and a long white skirt with the waistband situated(sp?!) below the bottom of her belly. Much worse.

Guest Appearance Guidelines for Walt Disney World Theme Parks

TheWalt Disney World®Resort is a heavily themed environment whose world-renowned brand is woven into every element of the show. We reserve the right to exclude from all of our gated attractions (i.e, theme parks, water parks, DOWNTOWN DISNEY®Pleasure Island,DisneyQuest®Indoor Interactive Theme Park)Guests whose appearance could create a distraction to the show. Examples that might be considered as such include the following:

Adult costumes or clothing that could be viewed as a costume (unless worn by a child under the age of 10)
Masks

Easily visible obscene or offensive language or graphics

Excessively torn clothing

Clothing with offensive material

Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment, e.g. string bikini tops, bikini bottoms, G-strings, etc.

Guests in Wedding attire are discouraged from entering the theme parks.

The goal of theWalt Disney World®Resort is to provide a safe, secure environment for our Guests to enjoy the show and our Cast to deliver the show. To this end, all theme park guests are required to wear shirts and shoes at all times. Generally, swimsuit tops are allowed when worn with other appropriate garments.

DOWNTOWN DISNEY®Pleasure Island, DisneyQuest®Indoor Interactive Theme Park and our water parks have additional property-specific guidelines related to guest appearance. Based on the brand of entertainment provided at each of these locations, an altered standard of dress might, at times, be considered appropriate.

I wear bikinis under my clothes when I am at Disney and I wear jeans skirts/ shorts over my clothes as well. I have never worn JUST a top, but she must feel good about herself. She looks great to me!

I think the bikini is a good idea. I hate the feeling of bras and panties when they get wet from water rides!!!! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter