Why did you choose your username?

lllGurulll

On hiatus from the World
Not sure if someone as already done this but I thought it would be interesting to see why people chose the name they did.

I am a huge Kansas City Chiefs fan so I started out as kcchiefsguru years ago and found many people just calling me Guru and that stuck. Now I use it on every board I am on. At least some iteration of it. Guru lllGurulll lll Guru lll xXGuruXx and so on.

Odds are, if you see that name, it's most likely me.

I think my name, A_Princess'_Daddy, is pretty self-explanatory.

My life revolves around my entire family, but my DD6 is the light of my life in that special father-daughter way that I never understood until the minute she was born and stole my heart forever.

Mine isn't original at all. I live in Lakeland, I am a gal and I was born in 70. lol

I started using the Dis when I was also posting on political forums by this name, so I just used the same one. It came about when I was talking to a friend on the phone, I said I was at Whole Foods, then I was going to yoga class and then a Bible study and she said "Your a hippie, but your a conservative hippie."

It's my name. I couldn't think of anything creative back in 2002. Now I wish I named myself something cute like Glittering Aurora.

When we first moved to the town we currently live in there were two other Colton's near my son's age. When I first met the mother of one of the Other Coltons she said oh You are "The New Colton's Mom" my son totally missed the word new and decided if I was "The Coltons Mom" he was "The Colton" It just stuck.

I didn't feel like being creative or anonymous about who I was
9810 comes from my first phone line that got me on the internet. 681-9801. I do use another name to stay hidden years ago on another board, but not anymore

Mine has nothing to do with the movie or Cole Porter song. I love the word lovely, and it sounds feminine and old fashioned. Two things that describe me. Delovely is another nice way of putting it. :)

I am Ursula elsewhere, but when I signed on here, it was taken.

So, I went for my other passion, which is collecting unique handbags. My husband hates my name here but I can't change it now.

I wanted a Disney name but all of the good ones were already taken. The Big Bad Wolf is a Disney character, and the only one I could find that wasn't already in use. Besides that, wolves have always been my favorite animals. I probably wouldn't use the name if I had it to do over. :laughing:

Mine's pretty boring - I was obviously not in creative mode last month! Just my name & what I do

Mine is my nickname from high school that ended up sticking when my husband and I got married. I also go by Marseeya, another nickname from when I was young.

Both names are pretty well used online, so if you look them up, they may or may not be me. :scared1: I've found that out the hard way. :laughing:

Ever watch Mickey's Philharmagic. During the Alladin scene, Donald needs a flying carpet to fly.

BUT HE'S A DUCK!

I picked this one back in college. I was majoring in theatre. Ophelia is from Hamlet and she drowns...thus the h2o.

I'm a huge comic book fan and was joining a film website and wanted something cool I love Harley Quinn from Batman so picked it, it's my name on several other sites as well.

I used it on a dating site and that's how I met my DBF he loved my screen name sent me a message and 18 months later here we are.:lovestruc

I also get called Harley, Harls and HQ in my real life as well now.

Mine is actually all of my initials. First, middle, confirmation name, maiden name and my last name.

A LOT of people think I am "Jean from FL", but it doesn't bother me in the least. I answer to pretty much anything. :)

Someone told me about this forum, and when I joined, I obviously had no imagination. I am technically now NJMom50!!:laughing:
I would be TinkerLily if I could change it though!

My youngest son who was about 5 years old at the time gave me the name. I needed a username for a game he wanted me to play with him. I let him set up my account on that particular game, and he created my username. I have just continued to use it.

Well I chose mine right about the time that my husband enlisted. I was(and still AM) so proud of him and really INTO being a soldier's wife(not so much now...LOVE the DH...DO NOT love the Army). And I wanted to somehow include my kids, so this is what I came up with.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter