• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Did Someone Have to Ruin Our Pefect Day? SEE DEVIN'S PICS PG 24!

kcrew send me your address. We aren't heading to WDW till Oct 12th but we'll be at the Halloween party. I'll see what we can find special for him and send it on it's way when I have it in hand.

I love this thread!! The Dis never ceases to amaze me. I'm dying to know how many pins your son has received. Can you give us the total?
He has received "Pins and Pixie Dust" :wizard: from 14 awesome DISers:love: so far....from TX, AL(2), GA, NH(2), CA, IL LA, UT, WA, NY(2),and IN!!! :dance3:

I'd also love to send a pin or 2 your way. Please PM your address.

What an important lesson on so many levels, but I think most importantly is that for every nasty mean person there are many, MANY more wonderful caring ones.

Can you please PM me your address. My DD would love to send your son a pin or two. She is 22 and when she goes to disney she always takes extra pins to give to someone just to make thier day. So please send your address so she can send a pin or two to your son. Thanks !!!
Thanks so much for alerting your daughter to this thread--she is wonderful and I am sure you must be proud of her!!:yay:

Hi! I got your address from my mom (mish)

My friend and I sent some pins. it should arrive today or tomm.
We hope Devin liked them.
Wow! This whole situation has had me teary eyed but you and your friend really pushed me over the edge with your package! You are incredible and I can't believe you are only 22! Your letter and your treasure map were so much fun!! :wizard: Devin read it aloud in his best Pirate voice! pirate: We both want to give you a big hug!:grouphug: I can't really describe properly the "booty" that you sent, but I hope to figure out how to get some pictures posted soon and then everyone can see. :dance3:
pins060.jpg

pins043-1.jpg

pins065.jpg

This is a spinner pin so here is the other side:
pins072.jpg

I am glad he liked them. I had tons of fun coming up with it all. :)
thanks agian for showing us all how great of a community we are. I am glad we could be part of it.

(this is Stephanie(broadway917)... i forgot to logout of my moms name. Opps)

Your pin arrived today!:yay: Our Disney Store doesn't sell pins anymore either. :confused3 It is so great that the CM at the Disney Store did that for you(and Devin). That's just some pixie dust all the way around! And a light up pin at that--it doesn't any cooler than that for a kid. :cool2: Oh, for those reading along it is a large POC pin and there is a switch on the back and the eyes light up! (Perhaps something that was promotional with the last movie release.) Anyway, thank you so much!:love:

Yeah! I am so happy he got it! :dance3: It was certainly my pleasure! :cheer2:

Hugs and pixie dust to you all! :flower3:

My DS13 read your post and would like to send a pin. Please PM the address and a favorite character or 2 that he hasn't received yet. This Board is really the greatest!!!
:woohoo:
Your pins arrived. :cool1: You mentioned that your daughter was sharing from her collection so let her know how much Devin appreciates it! :goodvibes I have not seen the movie "The Wild", but my DS recognized the pin right away. We'll have to rent it sometime soon! Also, it is Devin's 1st Woody pin! Thank you so much for getting involved!:love:
pins029.jpg

This thread has brightened my day! i can't believe I didn't see it over the weekend, and I was home sick yesterday and was here but never saw it.

kcrew, please PM me too I would love to send a pin or two your DS's way.
many years ago when my now 26 yr old nephew was 10 , he lost his wallet at MK on the 1st day of our trip-it was full of Disney Dollars that he had earned. The wallet was turned in, empty of course, he was heartbroken. his Poppa, Grandma and auntie(me) who had taken him on this trip consoled him and assured him he could still purchase what he wanted. well of course there was no DisBoard back then, but another of my DSis was joining us later in the week, and her coworkers took up a collection for him and sent it down with her.:love: he was so thrilled, the first thing he purchased was a Mickey figurine for their office!
I really enjoyed reading your story and hearing of the similar act of kindness!:goodvibes Your pins arrived!:cool1: Thank you so much to you and your sister.:love: Devin really likes Muppet 3D:3dglasses along with all of the 3D shows, but his favorite pin was the Donald in the Plane--he had a whole set of classic characters in various aircraft!:yay: Thank you for sharing!:love:
pins042.jpg

I'd be happy to send one if you PM me :)
Your envelope arrived! :cool1: Thanks so much to your whole family for the Space Ranger Spin pin! :goodvibes That attraction is such fun! And I like your Mickey Mouse address labels--hey, we NYers have to keep the magic alive anyway we can!:wizard:
pins036.jpg

We would also love to send a pin, but we would love to send one for each of your sons. I know at 10 if my brother was getting all kinds of mail I would be a little jealous.

Please PM me their names and your address. Ours might take a little while since we are not collectors. But we are going in October so we will mail them from there.

Jenn and Dave

Will someone please PM me the address? I'd be more than happy to send a couple his way.
Your pins arrived and you must be a Stitch Fan!! :cool1: I had mentioned to another Stitch fan in a PM that I think Stitch does the best job of interaction of any of the characters--we are going to have to get to the breakfast next time! Soooo many reasons to go back....I have to write them all down so I can make a convincing presentation to DH!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Anyway, thanks for being so generous--Devin loves Space Mountain and ToT(the pin with the opening doors is so cool)--and Stitch as well. :love: :grouphug:
pins040.jpg

kcrew -- how many pins has Devin collected so far? I would love to xee a picture of him with his new collection! :thumbsup2

kcrew,

Please PM your son's name and address. My son-in-law, Joe, is a CM at POFQ. I'm heading down there in October for MNSSHP and would love to send both of your sons a pin or two. I'm going to mention this thread to Joe and see if he can get a couple of CM pins!!

wow - amazing...

I should send Pigget74 over here - she is asking for postcards for a boy in PA that just had a liver transplant! They are staying at the hospital - such little things that bring so much joy to others -

If you need more pins, feel free to PM me your adress of your boys - we're leaving in 5 days! I'd send them a postcard signed by acharacter for them as well!! (and I'm mailing them from the world - )

I just found this post and it is truely touching. OP please PM me and I will send a pin also.
Your envelope arrived! :goodvibes Your pin was officially the 1st one with a "dangler"! :thumbsup2 I think I am as excited about all these pins as he is--there are just so many and they are all so cool in their own way! Hey, maybe I'll start trading on our next trip too since I'm always trying to prod the kids to trade for the ones I like!(it doesn't work):rotfl2: For anyone reading along it is a POC pin with "Dead Men Tell No Tales" hanging below. pirate: Anyway, its great--thank you so much!!:love:
pins004.jpg

Dis'ers rock. It is so sweet to see everyone sending this boy pins. I hope he gets all the ones he had back and then some, you all are amazing!!!!

Laren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter