• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Did Someone Have to Ruin Our Pefect Day? SEE DEVIN'S PICS PG 24!

Well it is certainly the least I can do. I want everyone to know that their kindness truly is appreciated and that I am not taking it for granted.:grouphug: I mean, yes, all of this PMing and posting cuts into my housekeeping time, but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make.... :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl:

WE know it's really just cutting in to the time you would spend checking out all the other forums on the DISBoards! :rotfl:

I too would like to send a pin his way. My DD has really enjoyed pin trading over the last 5 visits and has quite a few. And would be devastated if the same thing happened.

We are also going in 8 days, so if there's another one he'd like that he doesn't have, let me know.

PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail.

I read this thread on the first day that it posted and am now reading it again for the first time and all I can say it WOW! DIS boarders are awesome!

Unfortunately, we don't collect pins, mainly because of the cost with 5 kids, so I can't help your dear son, but I wanted to share a story of what happened to us. We were at Animal Kingdom on August 24th. My DS9 realized he had left his new Mickey baseball cap on the Safari ride, I went back by myself and told this CM that my son had left his cap in the little pouch and our driver was Beth. He said to check back in an hour since the safari truck had already left on another adventure. I checked back an hour later and it had not shown up. The CM, the same guy named Lawrence, said to check back again in an hour. This time the whole family showed up and Lawrence radioed several people and we still could not locate the hat. It was new and I'm sure whoever found it kept it. Anyway, when Lawrence told my son they could not find it, my son sat down started crying. Lawrence asked us to wait a minute and he came back with this little book. He took some information and gave us piece of paper so that my son could replace his hat free of charge! That just made my son's day. He was so sad for losing his hat and the CM did a really wonderful thing.

I know your son will always remember the good deeds of DISsers! I believe he will even tell this story to his children! I can't wait until my kids come home from school, so I can share this story.

I read this thread on the first day that it posted and am now reading it again for the first time and all I can say it WOW! DIS boarders are awesome!

Unfortunately, we don't collect pins, mainly because of the cost with 5 kids, so I can't help your dear son, but I wanted to share a story of what happened to us. We were at Animal Kingdom on August 24th. My DS9 realized he had left his new Mickey baseball cap on the Safari ride, I went back by myself and told this CM that my son had left his cap in the little pouch and our driver was Beth. He said to check back in an hour since the safari truck had already left on another adventure. I checked back an hour later and it had not shown up. The CM, the same guy named Lawrence, said to check back again in an hour. This time the whole family showed up and Lawrence radioed several people and we still could not locate the hat. It was new and I'm sure whoever found it kept it. Anyway, when Lawrence told my son they could not find it, my son sat down started crying. Lawrence asked us to wait a minute and he came back with this little book. He took some information and gave us piece of paper so that my son could replace his hat free of charge! That just made my son's day. He was so sad for losing his hat and the CM did a really wonderful thing.

I know your son will always remember the good deeds of DISsers! I believe he will even tell this story to his children! I can't wait until my kids come home from school, so I can share this story.

I see from your name and your icon family that you have triplets!!! WOW :eek: ... I still haven't managed to have one.... :rotfl: !!!

Kcrew, I think it's awesome that you've kept a response and thank you to each person you've received pins from. I'm so glad the Dis had been able to rally together to bring your son some happy memories. If you get a chance to, please post some pics of all the pins your son has gotten.

If you would PM me your addy I have a few extra pins for your DS.. :goodvibes

Now this is cool . . .

I went to my local Disney Store today (my next WDW trip is not soon enough) and asked if they had any lanyard pins. The manager told me they don't really carry any. I told him why I was looking for one and he said, "Hold on". He went into the back of the store and came back with a REALLY cool pin. He said that it was a promotional pin and gave it to me at no charge to send to the little boy! I was floored! I thanked him over and over. Talk about having a magical day! :flower3:

The pin will be soon on its way! Now that is Disney! :yay:

Your pin arrived today!:yay: Our Disney Store doesn't sell pins anymore either. :confused3 It is so great that the CM at the Disney Store did that for you(and Devin). That's just some pixie dust all the way around! And a light up pin at that--it doesn't any cooler than that for a kid. :cool2: Oh, for those reading along it is a large POC pin and there is a switch on the back and the eyes light up! (Perhaps something that was promotional with the last movie release.) Anyway, thank you so much!:love:
pins032.jpg

Count me in! I have more than enough pins to share. PM me your address. I mostly collect ride pins so if your son has a favorite ride I can see if I have that one for him.

My DS12 collects "villians" so if he likes any bad guy in particular I know my son would be happy to share. He's a pretty good kid that way.

Shellie
Your pins arrived!! How wonderful of your son to share a Villian pin from his own collection--what a great kid! :goodvibes And we enjoyed investigating who the villian on the pin was, because we definitely didn't know...this is all so much fun! Anyway Devin believes he's figured it out, and he is sending his guess in his note! ToT couldn't be a better choice as he rode it for the 1st time this trip and was so proud he had "conquered" it! :scared1: Thank you so much!!:love:
pins039.jpg

I'm on the way to the post office with my pin right now. :goodvibes

Devin got your Hidden Mickey Tigger pin. :cool1: My boys have been brought up on Pooh and Friends as I am a huge Pooh fan, and Grandma is nuts for Eeyore! And it is a tradition to end our trips with breakfast at CP! (Well, it was actually lunch this time since we sort of missed our ADR riding EE and Dinosaur "just one more time":eek: ) Devin was even Tigger for Halloween one year!:banana: Thank you for your kindness!:hug:
pins052.jpg

Hi! I got your address from my mom (mish)

My friend and I sent some pins. it should arrive today or tomm.
We hope Devin liked them.

PM me for ur adress i know what it feels like to loose pins and i wanna help out!

PM me your address and I'll send a pin I'm going in 2 weeks. I'm geting teary eyed because of the DISers kindness. WE ROCK!!!

Ido
Elaine, count me in........get an address and Ill send him a pin along with u! Great idea! Please join in the fun and send a pin!:hug:

PM me an addy!
Your pin arrived! :cool1: Devin is trying to work on a drawing to send you DD5 right now, but he makes no promises about the outcome! You can tell her to expect mail in a few days:cheer2: The pin is just the cutest!! Its just the kind of pin that makes you smile!:goodvibes For those reading it is Pluto, but something has gone awry--he's wearing Mickey's clothing!! Thank you so much!
pins035.jpg

I love this thread!! The Dis never ceases to amaze me. I'm dying to know how many pins your son has received. Can you give us the total?

Hi kcrew, I received Devin's note today and it brought tears to my eyes (happy tears). I just wanted to give him a big hug :hug: , so if you wouldn't mind giving him one for me. I am so glad he liked the lanyard, and I just bet it is already full. Just tell him to sit down before he puts it on, or he might fall over :goodvibes

Thank you for having such a great son.

Suzanne princess:

Devin got your Hidden Mickey Tigger pin. :cool1: My boys have been brought up on Pooh and Friends as I am a huge Pooh fan, and Grandma is nuts for Eeyore! And it is a tradition to end our trips with breakfast at CP! (Well, it was actually lunch this time since we sort of missed our ADR riding EE and Dinosaur "just one more time":eek: ) Devin was even Tigger for Halloween one year!:banana: Thank you for your kindness!:hug:

Wow...that was fast!!! Sorry my note was kind of messy but I was trying to write it in the car while I was at the post office. I'm so happy to hear Devin is a Tigger fan. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter