• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Did Someone Have to Ruin Our Pefect Day? SEE DEVIN'S PICS PG 24!

That is really sad. DD left her lanyard at Planet Hollywood. We realized it and went back about 5 minutes later. It had been turned in, but half her pins had been taken off. They said the next family to sit at our table found it. We could see the people sitting at the table where we'd been. I wanted so badly to walk up and ask for the rest of the pins back!:mad:

That is really sad. DD left her lanyard at Planet Hollywood. We realized it and went back about 5 minutes later. It had been turned in, but half her pins had been taken off. They said the next family to sit at our table found it. We could see the people sitting at the table where we'd been. I wanted so badly to walk up and ask for the rest of the pins back!:mad:

I would have !!!!! :rolleyes1

I dropped my checkbook outside in the street and these two kids knocked on my door and said, "Did somebody drop this?" I was so touched that they "did the right thing" that I gave them a dollar each...went inside and discovered they had stolen two checks. One for each of them I guess :sad2: . I must have stupid written across my forehead LOL!!!

I have a blue lanyard the one with the "Where Dreams Come True" logo on it that I would be happy to send him, if someone would PM me with an address, I will get it in the mail on Saturday morning. Unfortunately I don't have any pins, or I would send those as well.

Suzanne princess:

I don't have any pins, but I just wanted to bump this up because I think it is so sweet of all of you to volunteer to send some pins!!!

That really stinks.

On the last day of our vacation last week, DD lost her new Year of a Million Dreams Minnie Mouse doll in either the Custom House of CBR or on the path to the bus stop in Barbados or at the bus stop. Probably in the Custom House because we had to wait around a long time because of a problem with Magical Express. We noticed on the bus that it was missing.

I made DH get off at the next stop and I was going to try to walk back to the Custom House, but I got lost. I even got lost trying to get back to the bus stop. When I did, I called them and they said nobody turned it in, but to call back later. We stopped in before we had to go home later and it still wasn't turned in. :( DD cried and cried and I went crazy looking for one at the last park we visited before we got home, but nobody at MGM had it. They had Mickey, Donald, and every other kind of Minnie, but not the dream one.

I know somebody found it and it would have been nice if they turned it in instead of keeping it. My DD loved that Minnie and losing it ruined the day for her. I filled out a lost report, but I know I'll probably never see it. I can get her another one from Epcot on our next and probably last trip there for a while in November, but it's not the same. She still asks where her Minnie is though. :( It was her first one.

Not to give you false hope...

but once I found a fanny pack in the girls bathroom in toontown. We were so far from lost and found, so i put it in my bag intending to return it by the end of the day.

Well things happened and we forgot to stop by lost and found. So on the drive home I realized what I'd done.

I opened the fanny pack and a name and address was found in the wallet. So I put them in a box (along with a lot of discount Disney goodies ive picked up as just in case gifts, and mailed it off with my email.

A month later I received an email from a very happy father, and a link to see their vacation photos. He explained that theyd had a wonderful trip but his daughter losing her fanny pack and pins inside almost ruined the trip. And that i had instilled his faith in good people again and he thanked me.

Anyway, have hope that it will turn up!

Boo-Hisss, mean people stink!!!
I just HATE it when I loose stuff, my DD would just die if she lost a favorite thing, or all her pins. Just die. Ugh...shudder! :scared1:
I would like to participate in the pin a thon....reply back in this thread, or pm me too.
CoPirate: good for you! Pay it forward people!:thumbsup2
Gretchen

I am really sorry your son's lanyard is gone - that does suck alot.

But I do have a question - how do you know it was taken and had not fallen off, etc? I really am not trying to be rude, etc. I'm just trying to get the mental picture in my head of what happened.
It probably did fall off - but then while the right thing to do would be for the finder to turn it in to lost & found, apparently this time that person didn't. Or, it could be a situation like the one CoPirate described - somebody found it and intended to drop it off at City Hall but legitimately forgot. With no identification in the fanny pack, that finder now has no way to get in touch with the person who lost it.

I just hate this happened. I left a brand new camera in the seat of a theatre attraction. As soon as I walked out the door, I realized what I had done. I tried to get a CM to let me re-enter, no go. We had to wait for the show to be over and then we were allowed to enter. I checked every seat in the rows around where I sat, Nothing. Went to lost and found... Nothing! Left all my info... Never did get that brand new camera back. I had bought it the day before. I beat myself up so bad... My family was so glad that I had been the one to forget the camera and not one of them.:sad1: Again, I know how this can affect a trip. My DGS collects pins, he would have been devastated, if this had happened to him.

I am going to WDW in two weeks and I would love to pick up a pin for him while I am there, just give me an address and maybe a character he would like and I will send it from there or as soon as we get back.... heck could I buy it and just have the store send it out immediately? How fun would that be for your son to keep getting pins in the mail! Your mail carrier will be his favorite person to see...Heather

We are going to Disney in December and I bought a bunch of pins. Send me a PM with your address and I will gladly send one too!

It amazes me what people will sacrifice for so little. Whomever did this sacrificed their honor and trustworthiness for some pieces of metal. What a shame.

I just bet your son is going to be so excited to keep getting new pins in the mail! What a great idea and what fun!!

I too need an address. Have a special pin I think needs giving.:goodvibes

I was so sad reading your story, then so touched that so many want to send your son a pin.

pm me the address, too, I would love to send a pin as well.

I love the DIS! :grouphug:

We are leaving in 8 days, My kids are getting to trade for the first time. I would love to share your story with them and then let them pick one to send. pm the address please.

Sarah

I just don't understand it - how can you find something that doesn't belong to you and NOT return it. I would feel awful and terrible. The "least" someone can do in this situation is hand off what they found to a CM to take to lost and found.

Count me in! I have more than enough pins to share. PM me your address. I mostly collect ride pins so if your son has a favorite ride I can see if I have that one for him.

My DS12 collects "villians" so if he likes any bad guy in particular I know my son would be happy to share. He's a pretty good kid that way.

Shellie

I hope that one of the pins slips off the lanyard and the little creep that stole it sits on the sharp point!

That's such a shame. If it is any consolation, I lost my mobile phone 3 years ago at MK -- still waiting for someone to turn it in. :rolleyes1

I hope yours has a happy ending. Did you leave your name and number with Lost and Found? I called them daily to check on my mobile telephone.

Again, I hope someone does the right thing and turns it in. :thumbsup2

My DD lost her phone at Epcot near Soarin' last year and she was in tears, it was a brand new phone I'd gotten her to stay in touch with her dad when she's with me, and me when she's with her dad, and she beat herself up for losing it. :guilty: We ran around looking for it, and I told her it was just a phone, don't worry we'll get a new one, but someone had turned it in thankfully. Then a few months later, on a trip to the Phoenix Zoo, my dad lost his! Again someone found it. We called and the security guard answered. :rotfl:

People who don't turn in found merchandise are just low and karma will get them.

I went to a Taylor Hicks concert a few months back and saw a cell phone on the floor of some seats across from me. But the seats were mostly unoccupied because it was behind the sound guys (no view there). I picked up the phone and watched all night for anyone looking for it but nobody ever came to look. I legitimately forgot to turn it in and when I got home I looked through the address book to see who I could call to return the phone. Now on my own cell phone I have a number for "ME" (partly in case it gets lost, partly in case I get absent minded and forget my own number since I never call myself). But I couldn't tell who this phone belonged to. Anyhow, after a number of calls, I figured out who the phone belonged to and even met the person half way to return it. The woman was very thrilled to get it back and I wouldn't accept a reward. Making someone happy was nice enough and I always hope that someday someone will do the right thing if I ever need it.

Another time I found a cell phone at work in the ladies room. It was late at night and I searched my floor asking all of the late people if it was theirs but nobody claimed it. So I left a note in the restroom with my phone number. I got a response from a girl and she just asked where her phone was. No thank you, she just grabbed her phone and walked away. I didn't want anything, but a thank you would have been nice.

You never know, sometimes things do get back to their rightful owner. Just remember to leave contact information on your belongings and pray that if you lose it, a decent person will find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter