• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why did my AP disappear?

I logged into MDE and my AP’s are gone. They expired on 3/20/20
Has this happened to anyone else?
I noticed that yesterday, mine expired the same day as yours. I figured it was a glitch...now I see this...maybe not. My husbands expired on 4/28/20 and his is still visible in MDE

Really? I thought they would add the number of days they were closed.
Yes, they are adding the number of days they are closed to your *expiration date.* Which means that your pass will expire 5 days after the parks reopen. I need to take a look at mine. My expiration was March 30.

Right, all APs will be extended for the number of days the parks were closed. That extension is to the original expiration date.

So if your expiration date was 3/20/20 and they are closed 109 days, opening 7/3/20, then they will add 109 days to 3/20/20 giving you a new expiration date of 7/7/20. That will end up giving you 5 days left of admission after they open, which makes up for the 5 days of admission you lost when they closed effective 3/16/20.

Right, all APs will be extended for the number of days the parks were closed. That extension is to the original expiration date.

So if your expiration date was 3/20/20 and they are closed 109 days, opening 7/3/20, then they will add 109 days to 3/20/20 giving you a new expiration date of 7/7/20. That will end up giving you 5 days left of admission after they open, which makes up for the 5 days of admission you lost when they closed effective 3/16/20.
I get it now. 💡

I’ve read different responses from people who called. Some say you will only get the extension if you renew. Some say you will have the opportunity to renew after the extension. Mine expired 4/29 and I’m trying to decide. My next trip isn’t until likely until mid November. Already likely 3 months. If the extension includes the limited capacity period like in Shanghai, it might be worth it to get the discount. Hopefully more info before the 29th.

I noticed that yesterday, mine expired the same day as yours. I figured it was a glitch...now I see this...maybe not. My husbands expired on 4/28/20 and his is still visible in MDE

Mine expired 3/24/20 and I think it was in MDE until around end of April, didn't look every day. Since you have a month after it expires to renew, I think it stays out there until that month passes.

OK, so I just checked and mine expired on March 30 and it is not there anymore. As the PP said, it makes sense that it stays on for a month (in case you want to renew) and then disappears.

Oh I understand...I just figured the pass would be visible until the reopening, then the new expiration date would appear.

Oh I understand...I just figured the pass would be visible until the reopening, then the new expiration date would appear.
I thought that too. I would imagine it is still "behind the scenes," even if it's not being displayed/active right now, and it will "come back" again when they expiration date is extended.

I’ve read different responses from people who called. Some say you will only get the extension if you renew. Some say you will have the opportunity to renew after the extension. Mine expired 4/29 and I’m trying to decide. My next trip isn’t until likely until mid November. Already likely 3 months. If the extension includes the limited capacity period like in Shanghai, it might be worth it to get the discount. Hopefully more info before the 29th.
Nothing is a given with this situation but disney & universal often wind up following the same protocols.

Universal has added a 3 month extension to their APHs the last two years. Would be nice to see WDW also add some ‘magical’ bonus time onto APHS for whatever there CV shutdown period is.

For information purposes. Below is what I posted 4/27 on the U boards as to their current APH policy. Note that one, automatic three month extension is the current promotion for 2020.

Last week I called APH #. Was told my pass reflected a 3/27/20 renewal date & I needed to call back by today to renew. My DH’s was up the middle of May.

Today when I called to process both was told they coudn’t do it until a month before the new renewal dates.

Both automatically were extended for the number of days in the CV-19 closure (re opening date of 6/1/20)

Nice. as all APH renewals thru the end of 2020 will also receive the bonus 3 month extension again.

Do you all think that I could still renew after they re-open. I didn't want to do it while they were closed and times were so uncertain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter