• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why did I get moved?

mlaniewski

Earning My Ears
I posted a question about Happy Limo service and they moved me! I'm afraid I won't get responses that are as quick/accurate/knowledgable on another board as I get here!!

I am DVC, or at least I will be as soon as the fedex package comes. By the way, how long should that package take to get here? We gave them our credit card for the downpayment on Monday the 3rd. Shouldn't it be here by now?

Michelle

I'm sure you got moved because the question itself had nothing to do with DVC, and I'm certain the Moderator felt you would get a better response from the board to which you were moved.

The questions/threads must be appropriate to the board they are posted on and I am quite certain the other Disers on the other boards are as accurate, timely and knowledgeable as DVC'ers are, maybe even more so about your particular topic.

Hope that helps!:)

I usually get a reply within 5 min on this board. I have yet to get a reply on the board I was moved to!

:smooth:

Hmm, I would have think you should have received your packet by Friday at the latest. We did an add on recently and if I remember correctly, I called our guide on Thursday afternoon and had the papers by Tuesday, the next week. Maybe you want to call your guide to check on your packet on Monday.

Congratulations on your purchase!

I did not personally move the thread that you are speaking of, but yes, we do want threads to be placed on the appropriate board. Transporation questions need to be placed on the transportation board. Question on the DVC Board need to be about DVC.

This does allow for better informed answers and keeps the board on topic. Without this rule, the boards would become a caotic mess. Trust me, I use to frequent a non-disney related board that didn't keep on topic, you could never get a question in as the boards were filled with off the wall, non-topic question everywhere. I finally just frustrated and quit going there because it was totally useless.

I've had threads moved that I asked here specifically because I knew DVC owners would be the most likely to answer them. Yet right now there are people asking about how to tape a show in their room or meal tips or is there a doctor at Disney. All of which have numerous replies so have been here a while but have nothing to do with DVC. Should these be moved to the resort board, I don't know? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why some posts stay and some get moved. There should be some leeway since as DVCers, we most likely tend to visit more often and are more like able to answer a question, even if it doesn't directly have something to do with DVC. I agree that some should be moved that are out of left field though.

I didn't move it either, but it definitely did belong on the Transportation Board.

Mb168, since DVC units are unique in having VCR's and kitchen facilities, those types of questions belong right here. That's the deciding factor.

The Doctor thread is one of those times where it's hard to decide which board is where you'll find the best answers. For that reason, it was left.

We don't move threads on a whim. Our intent is to direct the thread to the appropriate board where you will get the information that you're looking for. It's done for your benefit.

I'm in no way trying to start something here and I agree that there has to be moderation to keep things on topic. I think there should be even more leeway, especially if it is asked to specifically not move a thread. Once it gets moved, it goes down and certain people we had intended to target don't get to see it.

dvcreg. This made me think. Do the non DVC parts of WL, BW, and BC have VCR's? I stayed at Wl a year ago and honestly don't remember. I just assumed all of the deluxe and home away from homes had VCRs.

Not to worry, it wasn't taken as trying to start something, I was simply trying to explain why the specific threads that you questioned were not moved.

The VCR's/DVD players are only in the DVC units. They don't have them in the deluxe resorts (but some have TV speakers in the bathrooms.:eek: )

We still have to move 'em when they belong somewhere else. As Robin said, it allows for the questions to be answered by those with the most experience for the topic.

If you have a problem in the future, it's best to contact the Webmasters. :D

One more question,

When a thread gets moved, isn't there still a "tag" thread that remains on the original board with the arrow to the left of the title? This way, it can still be seen on the DVC board (as an example) but it was moved to the transportation board?

Thanks!

Yes but it doesn't get moved up on the original board it was posted to. It gradually falls off the first page even though people at the other board may be posting to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter