Why can't MS confirm a BW view??

Blake

Earning My Ears
In another thread, gracelrm mentions that at VWL, MS is able to let you know if you will get a dedicated 2 BR or a lock-off when you are making your reservation. This means that the reservation system has the capability of subdividing a category of rooms into separate subcategories.
So why can't they let us know if we will get a BW view room? Or a quiet pool room? This would assure that the earlier you make your reservation the more likely it will be that you can get your request locked-in.

This question came up at the annual meeting I attended at BWV in 2000. They said it would be too complicated to have separate room categories. There are only a few dedicated 2 bedrooms at BCV with the 2 beds. At BWV all the room types are in all the different views. So they would have to divide out dedicated studios, dedicated 1 bedrooms, lockoff 2 bedrooms (either separate or together), grand villas with the boardwalk view.

The more guarantees they have to give, the less flexibility they have to accommodate additional bookings.

Originally posted by DebbieB
This question came up at the annual meeting I attended at BWV in 2000. They said it would be too complicated to have separate room categories. There are only a few dedicated 2 bedrooms at BCV with the 2 beds. At BWV all the room types are in all the different views. So they would have to divide out dedicated studios, dedicated 1 bedrooms, lockoff 2 bedrooms (either separate or together), grand villas with the boardwalk view.
I agree, the more options they add, the more complicated it becomes and it's exponential. I too would like to see smoking type. They certainly could do this but to add BW view, pool view, canal view, standard view to the existing options would not only complicate reservations, it would make certain rooms types go empty at times creating a surplus of points at other times which would be lost by the members.

Speaking of smoking vs non-smoking rooms. Florida passed a law that prohibits smoking in restaurants, etc. Does that apply to hotel/resort rooms as well?

Just curious to know.

I don't smoke and never have, so I'm okay with this new law, but I'm sure that it causes a lot of issues to those that do.

Originally posted by ArnyVee
Speaking of smoking vs non-smoking rooms. Florida passed a law that prohibits smoking in restaurants, etc. Does that apply to hotel/resort rooms as well?

Just curious to know.

I don't smoke and never have, so I'm okay with this new law, but I'm sure that it causes a lot of issues to those that do.
No, just restaurants. Also bars that seell more than 10% food. Previous laws apply to public indoor areas so you can't smoke in the lobby or hallways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter