• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

why blast sci-fi

Sci-fi is also my favorite!they have the best cookies n cream Shakes!!!the food is the best!!I like watching the old movies!!

We gave sci-fi another try, last summer. It seems to have improved (IMO). Did they change the menu?

That said, when we go to MGM, it's Hollywod and Vine for us. Great buffet!

We like SciFi too. The atmosphere is cute to us and DS really likes it.

We ate there last year and weren't impressed with the food at all! The hamburgers at McDonald's taste much better than the hamburgers at Sci-Fi!

But, I do love the atmoshere of Sci-Fi and would go back to try the desserts.

Diznee25

We haven't eaten there on our last 2 or 3 trips, but we've had a good meal and a good time every time we have gone there. I can't comment on the hamburgers because I don't eat them there, McD's or anywhere. But anything I've had had Sci-Fi has been good and you can't beat the unique atmosphere and theme.

Steve

Sci-Fi is a now a mandatory stop for us. Our kids are so captivated by the place that they end up eating a great meal!!! For those that have very picky eaters...they have chicken nuggets vs. fingers. A potential big deal for toddlers!!

We had a great meal there in June. Wonderful burgers for kids and I had a great Reuben! Love the place!
Connears

I didn't care much for the food but DS did and I enjoyed the atmosphere. I'll just try something different next time.

Different strokes for different folks. My DW and I do not care for the food there at all (YUCK!), but we do stop in for an afternoon break/snack. We enjoy the atmosphere.

I suppose that's why WDW has so many different restaurants -- to offer something for everyone.

We went for lunch on our first trip and felt that the food was mediocre at best and way over priced even by Disney standards. However, the milkshakes and atmosphere were great. Since then we make it a point to stop in for a late afternoon snack. We relax and cool off in the fun atmosphere while enjoying a milkshake and onion rings.

I very much enjoy the lunches I have had at Sci Fi. A couple things have been average but I think the hamburger is one of the best on WDW property.

>>^..^<< ,,I've been wondering the same thing myself, ever since I first heard someone posting about them. So, any of you who have enjoyed those cookies n' cream milkshakes...do the bits of cookies get stuck??

This is one of the few restaurants we HAVE to try when we go in October (along with Cindy's of course) :)

Even if the food turns out so-so I know the kids and I at least will love the atmosphere!

I think it all has to do with expectations. Many of the complaints are from those who think they are not getting what they are paying for, in the way of quality or quantity of food.

Of course, there are many different opinions on all of the restaurants, attractions and accomodations, and not all will please everyone, so isn't it nice that WDW has such a vast selection from which to choose? Something for everyone!!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter