Why are you weighing me?! UPDATE DAY 3

Ok, I'm laughing in my head at the thought of Piglet responding like you did to your dad "I'm up Pooh, Ssshut up!"

Glad things went pretty smoothly with getting the DAS card. I can totally see how it can be hard to put into words - and the right words using the terms/phrases they expect - for what you know in your head and work with on a daily basis.

Thank you Mr. Face Paint guy for not helping your cause :rotfl: Though, at least it made the fact your Christmas Card pic didn't really work out like you thought anyway

We haven't done the JTA yet but I have heard horror stories - they really need to figure out a better system. Hopefully whenever the expand on the Star Wars presence in the park (increasing what they have at DHS or *gasp* building a 5th gate devoted to it) they will handle it better. Glad you got a spot and for a time that worked though :thumbsup2

That was great that they set up that little meet & greet with Sophia for you - and like you said, made a ton of sense to free up the table.

agh, you got another post in while I was commenting on the previous one, so you get a bonus post count I guess ;)

The Green Army Men are great - I hadn't seen that group activity before but looks fun ... I love how they get kids involved. Granted me kids are scared crazy by them, but oh well

We ran into similar delays at HBD - but the annoying thing was they told us it would be 15 mins, and then 15 mins later they told us it would be 15 mins - in the end we wound up waiting 40mins, which, if I had known at the beginning, we might have changed plans. Glad things worked out that you got the passes though. Like you said, was a win-win outcome

The JTA looks so much fun and glad she enjoyed it and was so proud of herself!

We loved the Frozen sing-along and agree about the historians and that a number of their jokes did skew a little older - I felt like the show was great as it had stuff for everyone - kids and adults

We also had similar experience getting into the reserved seating at Fantasmic! It seemed like they opened it up to everyone or something as we had to almost fight are way to a seat. Not sure what was going on but still worth it as I love the show :goodvibes

Sorry you didn't like the Frozen Fireworks more - we thought they were great! We wound up right back from where you were on the other side of the break. We couldn't really see the screens well, but definitely seems like we weren't as squished and had a great view of the actual fireworks ... were outside the snow area though

What a great day at HS! I loved your face painting!! Skylar looked so happy in JT! I loved her face on ToT- Priceless! Hahaha she had a hold of both of them while on that ride! Im glad you had such a great day! :)

This is the absolute best trip report I have ever seen! Please keep it coming!! :love:

Saturday we woke up nice and early for our 8:30a reservation at Tusker House. Animal Kingdom had a 9a opening and was the recommended park for the day. Being the closest park, the bus ride was super short and we ended up getting there around 8:00a, which was great because I was flippin' hungry!

giphy.gif

Normally we take a few photos in front of the Tree, but there weren't any PP photographers out on our way to the restaurant. I ended up with a single, no crowd photo of Danica.

Tusker House is probably my favorite character breakfast - between the food options and DAT JUICE, what's not to love?! I'd already heard, and was kind of bummed out that they took Donald out of the photo op before you're seated. Silver lining - he's inside so you don't miss him completely. Although, rumor is they're taking The Goofster out of there. Who knows if that's true or how that'll work, but nevertheless, we snagged a photo here and it was included in our MM.

We had zero wait for anything here which was excellent. We were seated in the back of the main eating area and we had plenty of time to grab plates of food for everyone before the first characters came around.

Donald is always a favorite. I don't think there's been a single time we've met Donald anywhere when he's not acting goofy and shaking his tail at us. I love it.

Naturally, Danica will perform a dance routine in front of 1,000 people under a spot light on a stage, but she gets super shy and refuses to take part in the restaurant parades. So, like any good parent, I force her into it and threaten her with punishments if she doesn't pretend like she's having fun.

If you see me doing this...

iGAfJjnq74NqI.gif

Mind your business. I'm trying to make memories here! She'll thank me later!

Right after breakfast we made our way over to the Kilimanjaro Safari. We were a little early for our 10:15a FP so we decided to head up the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail next to it and get started with the Wilderness Explorer Badges. It was semi frustrating that there were only a few different spots to actually get the booklet, so we ended up passing a bunch of badges and hitting them on our way back.

The kids loved getting the badges. They didn't really love that they had to work for them though.

giphy.gif

They were a little spaced out during the actual lessons they needed to do, but they still got their badges. We had a slight attitude problem with Danica when the badge called for her to draw her favorite animal, so she ended up not getting that one and instead received a lecture. Of course, we then got to our next WE spot and she's crying, so the CM took her to the side, talked to her, and gave her stickers.... and now we look like jerks.

tumblr_lm0fnwExXf1qdlkgg.gif

Luckily, Danica snaps out of her issues pretty quickly and she turned her attitude around. We made our way back to the safari at 10:45a. The FP line was outrageous. We were all the way back by the shop where the path splits. I think it was mostly people not understanding what was going on, so they would stop and look around or ask questions and hold the line up. It did move fairly quickly, but there were CMs with hand held scanners scanning bands and then CMs standing at the FP podium scanners as well. If your band was scanned with the hand held scanner you didn't need to scan it again at the podium, but people were doing both, getting blue Mickey heads, and then causing a back up in the line. It WAS confusing, but since the line was moving steadily it only took about 4 minutes.

Once we walked all the way down we were put right onto a safari vehicle. Overall, the process was 9 minutes. It definitely doesn't feel that long when you're going through it though.

On the safari I'm always worried about losing my phone over the edge of the vehicle, so I don't take too many pictures. I always giggle when they say they can't stop the vehicle if you drop something... because I will hurdle the side of that truck to get my phone if I drop it. Believe it. Bet you'll stop then wontchya?!

Our driver was great though. He had a total strip club announcer voice, which sounds fabulous... but I just kept picturing 'annnnnnnd now here comes Kaaaaaandy Kaaaaane' when he was going through the tour.

Once we got off the safari we hopped on the train and went over to Conservation Station. Really, we only go to cuddle with the pigs. No lie.

As soon as we started walking into the building it started to drizzle. The kids did the WE badges in this building - I believe there were 5 or 6 total. It kept them busy for awhile which was great because it started pouring outside!

Since it was still a hot mess outside when the kids finished up their WE stuff we jumped in line to meet Rafiki who is a Cecil favorite. When it was our turn, Rafiki came over and made a big deal about Cecil having a fauxhawke because Rafiki had one too! It was hilarious. Everyone wants to be like Rafiki!

It was STILL raining after our pictures with Rafiki so we jumped in line for Chip and Dale, also ALWAYS a hoot. They checked out the kids' pins and were sad that there weren't any Chip and Dale pins on their lanyards! We told them that all the Chip and Dale pins were sold out because they were so popular and that cheered them right up!

The rain finally let up and was down to a light sprinkle. So we made our way into the petting area and tried to avoid the puddles and mud! Most of the animals were under the shelter and too far in to pet, but there were a few goats that were really diggin' the attention. Sadly, my pigs were waaaaay too far in to reach and lazily just sleeping under a bridge. Even when they put out some fresh hay the pigs just got up to eat but never came within snuggle distance. BOO HISS.

Some of the sheep were sheered into Mickey and Oswald heads.

We hopped on the train back to the main area and assessed the time situation. We decided we'd ride Expedition Everest and then grab something to eat. We used our 1:15p FP for EE at 1:32p. The SB line was 25 minutes. We were waiting in our turnstile for the next vehicle 6 minutes later at 1:38p. It was the first time the kids were tall enough to ride, and Danica wasn't a huge fan of the Yeti projection... Yet another picture where Danica is hiding/ducked down and I'm laughing hysterically at her fear. Therapy isn't too expensive, right?!

After EE we went over to Flame Tree BBQ to grab something to eat. I don't know if it's new or it just never happened to use before, but there were a gigantic flock of parrots that kept flying around our heads while we were there and going from perch to perch. It was really cool to see, but I kept worrying that I was going to get pooped on! THAT would royally ruin my day!

Of course, while we were eating it rained AGAIN. Half of our table was underneath the shelter, and the other half wasn't. We all just moved our chairs around, and luckily we were mostly finished, because our food was soaked! We had placed a turkey leg on the edge of the shelter (on a plate) while Cecil grabbed some napkins, and one of those dang white birds snatched a huge piece and took off! We were standing right next to it! Those things are like vultures!

When the rain finally stopped we went over to It's Tough to be a Bug, but it was closed for renovations. We continued down our way to Dinoland, stopping in shops and doing any WE badges we came across. I checked the app on my phone and Dinosaur had a 10 minute wait. We decided to go ahead and do SB for it since we still had 40 minutes or so before our 4:00p FP.

I feel like the waits for SB are a bit inflated. We walked in and were almost immediately put into a vehicle. Danica protested this one pretty hard. She said she didn't like it last time, but she says it while smiling so I really don't know whether we should be taking her seriously. As you can tell from the picture, all of the kids in the vehicle really enjoyed the ride!

We will probably continue to do this ride each trip, so she'll either get used to it or we'll have a lot of laughs with the pictures we get!

As we were heading out of Dinoland there was a dance party going on with Chip and Dale and Rafiki. I couldn't force Danica into going over and dancing with everyone, so we ended up letting them do Triceratops Spin before heading out of the park.

We let the kids ride on their own since they're now 7 and 8 years old. They were first in line and I heard the CM ask their ages. I'm sure it sounds totally staged when Skyler answers, 'I'm eight and a half and my sister is seven.' But it cracks me up. She's so direct about it, and of course, she can't forget the half!

Naturally, when they were sitting in their vehicles waiting for the ride to start it started to sprinkle.

Really-Animated-GIF.gif

The entire ride they just yelled at each other about going up or down, blah blah blah. Just get along for crying out loud!

As we were heading out of the park we snagged a couple of pictures, and we could tell we were leaving just in time from the dark clouds in the background!

The Olaf shot felt a little out of place, but whatevs.

We made our way back to the resort and had about 2 hours or so to relax before our 7:35p reservation at Boma - a first time for us.

There were zebra and a giraffe outside our window when we got to the room.

We decided to walk over to Jambo via the walking path. It felt like it took a heck of a lot longer to get to Jambo than it did the other way around. I have no idea why since it's obviously the same path.

We ended up getting there about 7:10p and checked in. We walked over to the bar at Jiko and I grabbed a red wine to try. It was okay. I'm not a big fan of red wine, so I told the bar tender I wanted something sweet. It was the best red wine I've had to date, but still not much of a fan.

We were seated before I could even finish it. Our waiter was a bit... casual. I don't know how else to describe it. He was friendly and no one in our group minded, but he would sit down in the chairs at the next table while taking our order and talking... it was just unusual for us.

If you happened to be at Boma on 9/27 and heard a plate breaking... that'd be Cecil. I was ahead in the line with Danica, we heard the plate break, and without even looking she looks at me and said 'that was daddy.' Come to find out when we got back to the table, it WAS daddy! He said the guy in front of him stepped back and knocked the (empty) plate out of his hand, he did the bobble back and forth with it trying to catch it, but failed. Can't take him anywhere!

I was glad we tried Boma. There was some kind of hummus and paper thin bread stuff I really like. The salad was great, but the meats and such just weren't really my thing. I ended up being forced to gorge on a plate of desserts. FORCED.

I will say, the zebra domes were really good. I know they have some kind of cult following, and I wouldn't say I'd kill for one, but they were yummy. The kids weren't major fans. I'm not sure if we'd go back here or not. I think we'll probably try something different for our AK dinner night next trip until we find something we really love.

On our walk back to Kidani we saw a ton of little snails all over the sidewalk. It sounds stupid, but I've never seen a snail with a circular shell like they're always drawn in the cartoons, so we were all pretty fascinated with them.

It was really nice to have such an easy day and get back to the room relatively early. Everyone took their nightly shower, hopped into bed, and the adults caught up with the happenings in the world. We could see some of the animals outside laying down for the night which was pretty cool.

We were all really pumped for the next day since it was Magic Kingdom and our very first MNSSHP ever!

giphy.gif

sounds like a fund - and not too crazy day, other than the rain at least

We too were bummed that they no longer had Donal out front of Tusker House - will be sad if Donald leaves.

Disney Cast Members - making parents look like jerks since 1955 ;)

The FP+ return like for the safari is always so crazy! I think part of it is the confusing system they use for the strollers, but still

And I am dying thinking of the strip-club announcer doing the safari ... and now, please welcome to the center watering hole ... Gigi! :rotfl:

be even funnier if that guy was a driver on The Great Movie Ride. "Oh, yeah, that's right - here is looking at you too kid!" Plus adding club music would totally alter that ride.

Granted, I also think that during the last hour or so they should have the Jungle Cruise skippers lead the safari and make sarcastic jokes the entire time "Those ostrich eggs are actually the same size as chicken eggs, but only look huge thanks to Disney's famous forced perspective!"

Sounds like you had a good time at The Planet Watch - too bad about the pigs not coming out though

If it makes you feel better I kinda forced/guilt tripped my daughter into riding EE this last trip. She wound up not liking it because it made her cheeks shake too much

That Dinosaur ride photo is hysterical ... come to Disney World where we scare the **** out of children!

Plus I love that one woman in the back looking the totally wrong way

We've done Boma in the past and kinda like you we enjoyed it but isn't a must do for us. We did Sanaa this last trip and much preferred that.

Just stumbled upon your TR - which I've loved! Especially all the gifs - hilarious! Looks like you guys had a great time. I feel like I can relate to your family, as I have DS9 with autism. So, I really have enjoyed seeing and reading about your experiences.

Just found this fun TR and read everything so far, We were there most of the same days, I don't know if any park days overlapped but haven't so far. We were there 9/25 to 10/2 at Pop. Hope we get to hear about the rest of your trip sometime soon.

Excited to find your TR! We're planning a trip for next fall... like a year and 1/2 from now lol, and my girls will be 6, 7 and 8 and I'm pretty sure we'll be shelling out for the MNSSHP, so I'm enjoying your TR. Last time we went my girls were 1 and 2, so it was a totally different experience. We actually skipped AK to do MK again and in retrospect we should've skipped Epcot, but we did Epcot and then said "we really want to do MK again" and the only option was to cut AK. Not this trip! We're planning 2-3 days at MK, AND doing all the other parks!

I just starting reading this & can't wait to finish. Are you in Columbus? I am in Reynoldsburg! We are going in May with my 3 kids & MIL & staying at AKL 1 bedroom villa too. I'm excited to read your report. We are driving though so not so excited about that part :(

Love your TR!! Your daughter's face at Jedi Training is priceless! I love it..she is fierce for sure!

Thoroughly enjoying your report. Your girls are beautiful and you are a very entertaining writer. :)

Sorry about death on your family. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter