Why are you going back again????

Plain and simple it is my "happy place"... When we make our biannual two week pilgrimage I am transported back to the little boy who at 7 years ( now 46) old saw WDW for the first time.... The magic has never waned. When I am there all my cares and worries melt away. We leave in 4 days for SSR... My wife's father passed suddenly last week and I looked at my wife and said we are still going, we will take your Mom, we are all going to need a dose of the magic to get past the next several months. This has provided my mother in law with a much need distraction and allows my wife and her sister to keep an eye on her. This place has a powerful magic if you dare to believe!

NE Ohio SSR Owner - 2006

Because my little girl keeps asking "Daddy when can you take me back on the teacups"

Tinks "SS" said:
I don't get that type of response anymore. I usually get "So when is your next trip?" I like that better. They know i love Disney. I shocked them when i told them how much we loved HHI as well.

Ha ha. Us too! Most people only ask when are u going? Or when they know it's holiday week like thanksgiving, christmas or Memorial Day, they ask are you going to disney. What I love now is that whenever anyone goes, they usually come and ask for advice.

As for why we go,

Because we know it so well, we don't rush, don't need maps, don't need to plan where to eat beyond a few ADR's, we don't need to find the closest bathrooms and because of all that disney is actually relaxing...

We have tried going to other places, NYC, DC, San Francisco, Gatlinburg, TN, Charlotte, but everywhere we go, we have to research and find restaurants, find bathrooms (which are usually nasty), find things to do (which usually end up costing more than our disney tickets) and of course finding and paying a fortune for hotels...

I went lots as a kid, made sure my DH liked wdw before we got married, honeymooned there, was pregnant with each of kids there. And now love seeing our kids go from small world to space mountain, seeing our family grow each year in front of the castle and at the Epcot ball each year.

Sorry for going on, but I guess, you all know how me and my family feel. Thanks for the thread, I'm enjoying everyone's response.

-Virginia

Here's our standard answer "Because we all find something every day that appeals to us and there are very few, if any, places where that happens. Anyone, no matter their likes, dislikes, abilities or limitations, can have fun at WDW!"

Dh & I do plan to travel to other places (Europe & Hawaii) as DD gets older but, WDW fits our vacations needs and wants for now so that's where we go.

We don't tell them LOL... I feel like everyone judges my vacations so we go on some and don't tell a soul. We take about 4 weeks a year so, I know it is more than the average family can afford so, I don't try and brag about it too much. We don't do all Disney either. So most of the time I don't say anything. I don't post pictures on facebook. Some times people don't get the magic but I do and love it. Wish we did more Disney vacations. Sometimes I get comments on how can you afford all these vacations. Generally, we budget for all our trips, use miles for flights, coupons for hotels and meals, etc... Also, we stay in a lot of timeshares so, we can eat in quite a few meals. Sometimes people want to eat out every meal when they vacation but we don't since we vacation more frequently. We rather vacation more and eat out less. But that is just us.

This is us. I do find even our relatives are a bit judgemental. I try to explain to them that Disney is like our cottage. It's home. We have owned DVC for five years now and it's cheaper than any other holiday we can take. In Canada, cottage culture is huge and no one questions why cottagers head north every weekend. For us, we hop a plane and head down to our cottage for about four weeks every year. I find people don't get it, so I only mention it usually after the fact.

Plain and simple it is my "happy place"... When we make our biannual two week pilgrimage I am transported back to the little boy who at 7 years ( now 46) old saw WDW for the first time.... The magic has never waned. When I am there all my cares and worries melt away. We leave in 4 days for SSR... My wife's father passed suddenly last week and I looked at my wife and said we are still going, we will take your Mom, we are all going to need a dose of the magic to get past the next several months. This has provided my mother in law with a much need distraction and allows my wife and her sister to keep an eye on her. This place has a powerful magic if you dare to believe!

NE Ohio SSR Owner - 2006

THis is why I go. That's why it's home. We had a vow renewal there last December and it was more special than our wedding. I know that I can go there, just walk the streets, sit on a bench, ride the monorail and be happy.

I usually answer back with "why do u go back to the beach each year? Or so u go somewhere different every single trip u go on?"

People in general don't get it but my close circle of friends are Disney people so not much of an issue and these are luckily people I work with.

It's all good though. Most people laugh and say we know its just who you are.

What's harder to explain is when people see our whole room of custom curios with all our Walt Disney classic collection pieces. That is def a long explanation cause no one gets that one of not Disney "folk".

THIS I totally can relate to! :lmao:

michelleiada said:
Because I love it. I can go there and sit on a bench and be happy! I love everything about this magical place! People have stopped asking me why. They know I'm a fanatic!

This is me!

It is my happy place. It is familiar but there is always something new to check out. DH and I can both relax there and leave the real world behind for a brief time. Our trips give us something to look forward to during the winter months of a Michigan Upper Peninsula winter, long days at work (we are both recovering workaholics), and any other life stresses. Why would I not go back?

Because our children absolutely love the mouse's house and DVC allows us to take a nice vacation with our children every other year. There is something to do for all ages and if you are bored at Disney it is because you are brain dead!!

A few of the reasons I've given:

1. We're Disney freaks
2. There's something for everyone
3. We like taking family with us so it's a different experience every time
4. It's my happy place
5. I can act like a kid with my kids (nieces or nephews)
6. Disney offers different events throughout the year like Food & Wine

We go because we all enjoy it so much. We have never gotten tired of going. There is something for everyone. We are all little kids at heart.

We go because there's always something to do and at the same time we can relax. Parks in the morning, relax at the resort in the afternoon, and then back to a park at night. Our boys like to be on the go. They get to have fun at the pool, while DH and I get to relax. It's the perfect combination for our family.

My Favorite and happiest place on earth. Uncompromising quality of service and an extraordinary new experience every time I go.

Plus I target food and wine overlapped with Halloween and Xmas all while on a dining plan which has been free everytime thus far.

You find me a better vacation value than that at the same cost or less

"Because it's my happy place and you know that so why do you keep asking??" :thumbsup2

My sister used to ask me this all the time. She goes to Ft Myers every year at or after Christmas to the same place. They also own a condo in Lake of the Ozarks and go often. What makes this any different? Nobody asks them why they do what they do or the way they do it. :confused3

Of course, we go to Colorado every year and get the same questions.

I have a neighbor who got hooked on cruising some years back. I don't recall ever asking her why she went on 15 cruises in 4 years. I assumed she liked it.

Many people think WDW is just a theme park, maybe even an amusment park.
A Dizbub points out, repeated trips to WDW are the same sort of thing as annual trips to "the lake", "the beach" "the house in the country". People who understand that it is an actual resort with so many variables that even guests who have visited dozens of times have still never experienced "everything" may understand. How much different is going out on your boat on the lake from one time to the next? It isn't, but people who do that LOVE it. Same sort of thing at WDW:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter