Why are you going back again????

That's one nice thing for us about DVC. All I usually have to say now if "because we have a timeshare there" and people nod, knowingly (they think). What was funny was that for many years I always went solo (DH was burnt out on Disney) and lots of my coworkers thought I had a boyfriend "on the side" that I was arranging to meet there. Finally one day, a friend said to a group of people "OK, I'll tell you all, she IS arranging to meet someone there. And his name is....[pause while everyone leans forward]...MICKEY!!!" Now DH goes with me and the timeshare answer usually works.

LOL!!!!!!

my childhood was pretty good, but i can relate to the spirit of your comment. My parents worked their tails off to put food on the table and provide a roof over our heads, so trips to orlando were few and far between. I am very blessed to be able to afford the trips we can. I still find it surreal that i can stay at bay lake towers every year from dvc, when all i did was dream about staying at the contemporary one day on the monorail as a child.

Sorry, forgot to pull the quote from the guys who's childhood sucked!

What I tell people is:
Whoever pays the piper calls the music. :charac2: :rockband:

If your family wants you to go on a vacation and they are willing to pay for it, go and have a great time on them. If you are paying for the trip you go where and when you choose to go.

I don't get that type of response anymore. I usually get "So when is your next trip?" I like that better. They know i love Disney. I shocked them when i told them how much we loved HHI as well.

When my parents ask my Wife and I this question, I'm always so tempted to reply, "Because my childhood sucked and now I'm overcompensating with my own daughter - thank you very much".
:lmao: +1! :thumbsup2

We actually have an out. For those who are outside of my regular interaction, we tell them we are visiting my parents in Tampa (I grew up in the Tampa bay area), so I guess this is sort of a trap door for a quick get away.

However for those I spend time with regularly (friends, family, co-workers), they come to know about my Disney "thing" :rotfl:, and most think I should be a travel agent for the Mouse.

I always answer that I know that my whole family from age 3 to 44 will have a great time. It's too much money to go on a vacation and not know whether you will enjoy it.

This is pretty close to my answer. I tell people that Disney makes it easy and it always turns out great.

We get a little more than 4 weeks of vacation annually, and I want some assurance that 25-30% of it will be nearly perfect. Disney helps me with that goal!

Like others in this thread, I have become a resource for others who are planning on taking their families on their first trips to Disney. I am more than willing to take on this level of responsibility and consider it an honor!:thumbsup2

When my parents ask my Wife and I this question, I'm always so tempted to reply, "Because my childhood sucked and now I'm overcompensating with my own daughter - thank you very much".

I totally get this comment. My parents own their own business in the resort industry & through my childhood we never ever took a vacation as we were always helping others take their vacations. As a result I do over compensate now and we take our kids on 2 family trips every year and Disney is one of them about every other year.

At least it is a positive overcompensation!

for the price of less than a tamk of gas I can be in a place of mny possibilities, orlando, hilton head, doing what i want or don't want to to. and if kids are with us ll the more fun.

My family never asked me why I wanted to go to Disney so often, but I knew it was strange for them. Until we had a big family trip together. After that my sister told me that now she finally understands.
My parents are less sold on it. :rotfl2:

"Because we like it" is sufficient response. Anyone who pushes you more ("But don't you want to blah blah?") only requires the answer, "You do what you like and we do what we like" followed by a change of subject.

We have family and friends who I am sure wonder why we keep going down to WDW year after year, especially considering our age (60's). But they are too polite to say anything but occasionally they will say stuff like "didn't you just go to Disney World" or "anything new at Disney World THIS trip". When you reach a certain age though, you really stop caring what others think about what you do.

All of your responses are great :goodvibes. We used to get these questions too but since we go so often, they have stopped...for the most part because everyone knows Disney is what we love and like so many other PPs have said, it is our second home. Sometimes I still get the occasional roll of the eyes, in which I just say "yes we are Disney junkies" and that ends that conversation. My parents used to be the biggest advocates of asking why we go so much, but then I had to remind them that they go to Williamsburg VA every year (since I was 12), what makes that any different? Now they just ask how our vacations are and when are we planning on going back. They get nervous when we say we are going some place other then Disney :rotfl:.

We have family and friends who I am sure wonder why we keep going down to WDW year after year, especially considering our age (60's). But they are too polite to say anything but occasionally they will say stuff like "didn't you just go to Disney World" or "anything new at Disney World THIS trip". When you reach a certain age though, you really stop caring what others think about what you do.

Kinda the point I've gotten to.

BTW, I love your signature and the fact that you've got trips planned out through 2015!! I thought I was crazy for thinking this far out... We've got three planned right now: 12/2012 @ AKV (leaving in 4 days), 6/2013 @ HHI, 11/2013 @ OKW. Skipping 2014 to let our points catch up and then looking at summer of 2015, probably BLT if they don't restrict resale points. :thumbsup2

Saw a great Disney bumper sticker when I was at WDW two weeks ago:
"Been There. Done That. Going Back."

I think our friends and family have realized that we are Disney fanatics so instead they ask when our next trip is :lmao:

I need that. Love it!

I've had that on a magnet strip on my fridge for years -- going back alone at the age of 68 next May (and that's not soon enough); first trip was 1957 (DL).

I think this is a "you either get it or you don't" thing. (And I feel sorry for friends who don't).

Because I love it. I can go there and sit on a bench and be happy! I love everything about this magical place! People have stopped asking me why. They know I'm a fanatic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter