Why are they considered "value" resorts?

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
I have never stayed at any of the value resorts. I've already spent my 2004 vacation budget on a 12 day WDW trip last May, but, getting a $49 rate at the All Stars Music has allowed me to take another trip coming up in November with my 2 DGDs. Can you please tell me what makes them "value" resorts. I suppose the rooms are a bit smaller and the grounds less opulent, but what can I really expect? Will my grandaughters (7+11) like the All Stars?

You get a decent place to stay, clean and themed, on the property for a good or value price. You have the access to Disney transportation, Disney dining, etc. You're right that the rooms are not the biggest, but you will have two double beds with a nice bathroom.

They will Love it! princess: I have two sons now 13&15 and we have stayed at the "value" resorts for years. In fact the Music is one we have stayed at the most. IMHO these are some of the most kid friendly resorts Disney has. What makes them value is the smaller room size and the lack of a sit-down restaruant. Trust me they wil LOVE IT!::MinnieMo

They are abit more "kid oriented" and from what I understand they are smaller. Have you seen pictures of them on the WDW site? I am sure kids would love it. We have never stayed value because we don't have kids, but many people like staying at the values to save $ and for the kid oriented theming. I would imagine they are very clean just like the other WDW resorts. I would say your main differences are the theming and the room sizes. Maybe someone who has stayed in values and moderates could help you more. I would suggest looking at pictures, you can find more pictures of the rooms etc...at http://www.wdwig.com. I have stayed in moderates and deluxes, I like both, sometimes I like the "hotel" feel of a deluxe and sometimes I like the "resort" like feel of a moderate. Hope this helps somewhat! :sunny:

Smaller rooms. No sit-down restaurants. Fewer recreation options (bikes, boats, etc.). No slides at the pools. There are a few other differences, I'm sure. We don't stay at the values because we spend a lot of time at our resort enjoying all the dining and recreation, soaking up the atmosphere, etc. If that sort of thing isn't important to you, then you should be just fine at the value resorts. They are really cute and fun!

The AllStar resorts are fine to stay at. We stayed at ASMovies and my two DDs enjoyed it fine. You get a good value for the lower price of staying at a Disney resort. The rooms are smaller, the pools do not have the slides and separate quiet pools as some of the moderates do, I don't believe value resorts have a full-service, sit down restaurant, and the value resorts typically have one bus stop vs. several at the moderates.

So you give up some amenities by staying at a Disney value resort, but you still have the Disney magic (and you get to go back again!).

They do have quiet"er" pools-pools that are away from the main pool-they tend to be less crowded. The food courts are great, pool bars, arcades, nice stores. I think you'll survive!!!

It really depends on whether or not you plan on spending a lot of time at the resort. We spent one night at the ASSports and there wasn't much to do at the hotel. The rooms are small but clean and the style is definitely kid oriented. But if you plan on being at the parks all day it really doesn't matter where you sleep.

We stayed at ASMo, GF & AKL on our trip a couple years ago and must say that of the three, we liked the AS food court the best. The rooms were smaller then those at the other two but we werent' there for the room, but for everything else.

IMO, if I could do it I would rather take two trips staying at the All Stars then one trip at a more expensive resort.

What makes the AS values? Well as stated above, the rooms are the smallest on property (I believe around 260 or 280 sq. feet) but not so small that the three of you will have to be on top of one another. You'll have a food court with no sit down restaurants. Pool without slides or hot tubs. There are no inside corridors, it is the type of resort that you can drive up to the room door. There is only one bus stop for each resort and the values are generally the furthest resorts from the parks (maybe by 5 minutes more of a drive time by car or bus). The drop offs at the parks are also the furthest out from the parks (the more expensive properties are located closer to the front gates) but you'll only have to walk an extra 100 feet or so. However, your GD's will probably love the theming of the resorts as they are made for the kids enjoyment (everything is very large, Woody is a 40 foot icon as well as many other figures, etc.). As you've gotten a good price for the room, you'll find that these hotels generally have a lot of families staying there so sometimes the main pool can be full of kids but the quiet pools are usually not as crowded. The last little difference with the value is that you will only have one sink/mirror area outside the bathroom (about the size of one at home). I would suggest that you bring a makeup mirror and you can sit at the table and apply makeup without having any congestion around the sink/mirror.

Overall with the price you've reserved at and the fact that your going with GD's, you'll have a wonderful vacation.

Originally posted by ncbyrne
I have never stayed at any of the value resorts. I've already spent my 2004 vacation budget on a 12 day WDW trip last May, but, getting a $49 rate at the All Stars Music has allowed me to take another trip coming up in November with my 2 DGDs. Can you please tell me what makes them "value" resorts. I suppose the rooms are a bit smaller and the grounds less opulent, but what can I really expect? Will my grandaughters (7+11) like the All Stars?

If you're planning on swimming then make sure you call mousekeeping an hour ahead for some towels as there are none at the pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter